Objective: Ouran Academy ♔ OH...

By kinpaatsu

WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 12 AND COMPLETELY UNEDITED b o o k o n e ♔ girls with guns and boys with roses ♔ ︻┳═一... More

♔ trivia and awards ♔
♔ disclaimer ♔
♔ 01 ♔
♔ 02 ♔
♔ 03 ♔
♔ 04 ♔
[05] Holiday Dances And MORE Cake
[06] Vibrating Tables And The Worst Luck
[07] Not-Double-Agents And A Rewriting Of The Past
[08] To Haruhi's House! Or Maybe Not...
[10] Bitchy Grannies And Cake Pops
[11] Let's Play: Kick The Can!
[12] THE Mitsukuni Haninozuka and Takashi Morinozuka
[13] Those Goddamned Pins And Needles
[14] I Don't Want A Bloody Driver! But then again...
[15] A Changing Of The Game
[16] Yeah, This Shit Really Sucks
[17] I Am The Princess Of Bitches, But I Can't Bitch-Slap!
[18] Well, There's No Going Back Now
[19] It's Not A Break And Enter, Just Another Dream
[20] I Hate Bribes, Especially Involving Bananas
[21] Making The Best Out Of A Crappy Situation, Eh?
[22] S.H.A.D.O.W.'s Shadows
[23] Why Wouldn't You Listen To Me?
[24] You're Cool. I Swear On My Kick-Ass Honor
[25] Bullet-Proof Vests Aren't Just For Show
[26] Being Polite Had Never Been My Style
[27] I'm No Princess, Let Alone Living With You
[28] Back To That Damned Granny Again
[29] Make Some Cookies With Me, Pervert-kun!
[30] Kyouya, I Have A Favour To Ask
[31] Into The Éclair-Lair!
[32] Miss Pastry, KO'ed With Style
[33] Tearful Reunions... Nailed it!
[A MASSIVE THANK-YOU]
[SEQUEL PREVIEW] Espionage: Ouran Academy

[09] National Australian Karate Champion

11.2K 585 198
By kinpaatsu

                 My feet tapped a light beat in the dirt, my hands wrapped around cold, metal chains.

                The swing creaked softly under my weight, and I regarded the local children running around with a sense of detachment.

                They all ran around, sometimes screaming, sometimes laughing, but all avoiding the identical swing beside me. I tried not to take it to heart, they were just kids after all.

                Right.

                Just kids.

                When I was their age, I was sneaking into mansions and posing as a servant, preforming the most daring theft of the century.

                And when I wasn't in the field, I was honing my own physical skills, middle-aged men cowering whenever I glanced their way.

                'Whacha' think?' Haruhi raised a large piece of paper up for me to assess, and I stopped rocking and took it.

                Many tables were drawn around the edge of the rectangle representing the room, a large stage occupying the front of the paper. Lists of bouquets, decorations and other little note adorned the back, and I read through them all carefully.

                I had no clue what any of those things were.

                So I guess I should just...nod.

                I nodded cautiously, handing her back the paper. 'It's good.'

                'Thanks.' She folded it up, leaning back against a tree in relief.

                A silence settled over us, and I started to swing lightly again. My hair ruffled in the breeze, handing down my back unrestrained. I'd borrowed a pair of shorts and a shirt from Haruhi when we dropped in at her place, my shoes and other clothes tucked in my damp bag. I'd also managed to brush it quickly, but had left it hanging down.

                'Hey, Alex-sempai...' Haruhi drifted off.

                'Just Alex.' I murmured. 'But what's up?'

                'Can I ask you a question?' She turned to me, tucking a strand of brown hair behind her ear.

                'You just did.' I pointed out in amusement.

                She sighed. 'Well, I'll take that as a yes.'

                'Okay...' I nodded. What was so wrong that she couldn't just ask me outright?

                'Do you and Tamaki-sempai have a thing?' She rushed out.

                I'm sorry, but I think my mind just went into shock.

                Tamaki, and...and me?

                'What, no way! I'm not quite sure that we're even the best of friends! I mean, I've only known you guys for about a week, so how could we have thing? And I only—'

                'Ah-huh.' Haruhi nodded, disbelieving.

                'Well, what about you and Hikaru?' I fired back.

                'What, no way! I'm not quite sure that we're even the best of friends! I—'

                'Don't copy my answer.' I threatened, digging my heels into the dirt as I stopped.

                She blushed. 'Well, it doen't really matter, and him and Kaoru—'

                I held up a hand. 'Stop right there. He and Kaoru may be very close, but Hikaru total adores you. He stares at you like all the time.' I realised this as I was speaking and barrelled on. 'In class, he's always the first to partner up with you. At the club, he's always annoys you, trying to get a reaction. And even today...I think he would rather have had you on his lap.'

                We were both silent for a while, pondering this new information.

                'But why wouldn't he say something? And how can you even tell them apart?' Haruhi asked, and I was relieved we were finally off the subject of Tamaki.

                Our relationship was an odd one, one more of a boy...

                ...and his worst nightmare.

                'Well, what if he wasn't sure about your feelings? He would have been really embarrassed if you did feel the same way.' I pointed out. 'Oh, and their not exactly the same. Hikaru's eyes are slightly wider apart and Kaoru's cheeks are chubbier. And Hikaru is also marginally taller.'

                'That makes sense, I guess.' She shrugged. 'But what if—'

                I cut off her 'what if' with a glance. 'Of course it makes sense, it's Alex-Logic.'

                She giggled, and I broke a smile.

                'Hey, over here bro.' Some guy called out from on the other side of the park, and we turned our heads.

                'Yeah, look! Two hot chicks!' Another guy called out, weaving in drunken lines across the park towards us.

                I looked around—the majority of the public had already left. The kids from before must have left while I wasn't looking, and there were only a few stray people around.

                Sadly they didn't look all too concerned.

                I scanned the environment around us. Nice high trees, sturdy benches and a play set. No apparent weapons, unless Haruhi could maybe pick up a car.

                'Alex...I think we should go.' At least Haruhi didn't sound hysterical.

                'So do I.' I rose, gathering up the pencils and paper.

                The guys had multiplied, and a group of about four were walking towards us, calling out various things.

                I placed the materials in Haruhi's arms, throwing my bags over my shoulder. We truned to leave, but Haruhi stopped dead in her tracks.

                Another two guys were behind us, empty beer bottles hanging from their fingertips.

                'Wanna haff a goo time?' One slurred as he got closer, and Haruhi backed up and onto me.

                She lost her balance, and I steadied her easily.

                'Good sir, you seem to be intoxicated.' I said smoothly, moving Haruhi back towards the swing, and beside but slightly behind me. 'I suggest you leave.'

                I was unacquainted with these sorts of situations—well, unless I just beat them to a bloody pulp. But Haruhi was standing right there.

                And that would be hard to explain.

                'Watch that mouth of yours, blondie.' One from behind me said, and they all fanned out around us and the swing set.

                Hm, this one wasn't a drunk.

                'Again, I must request you leave.' I dropped my bags mildly, kicking them away. 'Otherwise I will kill you.'

                Well, so much for not scaring Haruhi.

                Meh, I guess I can just lie to her later.

                'Killus?' One slurred, and I scoffed.

                'Get them both.' The sober-leader ordered, glaring at me with lust in his eyes.

                Well, if I have anything to do with it, he won't ever look at a girl that way ever again.

                'Alex, do we run?' Haruhi looked at me fearfully.

                Well, that took her awhile to be scared. I like her, nice and tough.

                I grinned. 'Nah, one sec and we can go.' I tied back my hair, feeling the wind ruffle the messy bun.

                'Grab them.' He barked again, and the men scampered to obey him.

                I took one step to the closest boy and grabbed his outstretched arm with one hand, twisting it around and flipping his entire body. It landed on the ground with a crunch, his moan of pain reaching my ears. I calmly put my hand down on his neck, pushing two fingers into the pressure point. His body went limp, his eyes rolling back into his head.

                The other men regarded me fearfully, but fear of their leader must out way the fear of me.

                Two other guys advanced this time, one on either side. They made the mistake of reaching for me at the same time, and I ducked down and swung my leg in a circle. I got them both in the ankles, their grunts of pain echoing that of their bodies dropping to the ground.

                This time though, I wasn't as nice. I grabbed one's ankle, pushing forcefully on a nerve. He screamed in pain, and then blacked out. I reached around for the other's but as I turned he grabbed my arm.

                I grinned at him, spinning my wrist. He lost his grip, and I lashed out with my other fist and caught his in the temple. He lost consciousness too, falling next to his partner.

                The guy whom had called out in the first place managed to get and arms around my waist, and I slammed my head back and into his nose.

                I felt the cartilage break on impact and warmth squirted down my neck with a wet noise. He cried out in pain, releasing me.

                'You bitch!' He yelled, outraged, but as I turned around, I forgot all about him.

                'Yes, that's right. Surrender, or your friend dies.' A silver blade glinted in the afternoon light, Haruhi's pale neck pulled taunt against its surface.

                I slowly raised my hands, internally cursing myself for sloppy work.

                Why hadn't I taken him out first?

                Why hadn't I kept Haruhi close to me?

                Why hadn't I made sure she was safe before I jumped in?

                Why?

                My eyes iced over, and I sent him a chilling glare. The other three guys behind him cringed and edge away, but he held his position.

                'Alex, don't—' Haruhi cried, but the man pressed the blade harder against her skin, a red line appearing at the base of her throat.

                'Shut up.' He hissed, but I lost my focus again.

                I watched as the three men behind him fell one by one, but I was in no position to look around him to see why. They all fell silently, only the whisper of grass under their limp limbs the indicator.

                The man before me looked above me, and I swear he nearly shat his pants. His face went white, his hands starting to shake.

                'Hey man, I didn't mean anything—' A dark shadow fell over me, and I looked up, my hands still raised. 

                My eyes first registered a very tall person, very tall, but with black hair.

                Mori!

                'Messing with my friends is a big no-no.' I could recognised that high voice anywhere! Now I knew why I couldn't see the men's assailer, Honey was too short for me to see him around the other guy's shoulders!

                The man in front of me suddenly went flying over Haruhi, hitting the oak tree with a sick crack. It slid down and crumpled oddly at the base of the tree. Honey was left standing next to Haruhi, his face dark.

                'Mitsukuni, not too hard.' Mori rumbled from above me.

                'Haru-chan! Are you okay?' That suddenly snapped Honey out of it, and he turned to Haruhi with large eyes, tears welling.

                'O—oh I'm fine...' Haruhi lied, and I watched her raise a shaking hand to ruffle Honey's hair.

                'Honey! Mori! Don't go running off like—' Tamaki's jovial shout was cut off as he ran closer to our small group. He caught sight of the bodies around us, then the state Haruhi and I were in.

                'Those bastards!' The twins arrived next, Kyuoya not far behind. The redheads proceeded to kick the limp men, and Mori picked them up with great difficulty, holding them above the ground so their plight was useless.

                'W-what happened here?' Tamaki's eyes clicked from me to the bodies, from Haruhi to Honey and Mori.

                'Yes, what did happen?' Kyuoya pushed up his glasses.

                'I don't know.' Mori stated.

                'Three were already down when we got here. They were being mean.' Honey pouted, handing Haruhi his bunny for comfort.

                'Three were already down?' Kaoru asked.

                'How?' Hikaru added, looking at Haruhi worriedly.

                Oh shit oh shit oh shit ohshitohshitohshitohshit—

                'They fell over drunk!' I announced loudly, my hand reaching over to scratch my neck, but came away wet. The red covering my hand mesmerised me, and I mentally groaned.

                'No they didn't.' Haruhi frowned. 'Alex, you nearly killed them.

                Oh fuck here we go.

             Everybody turned to me as I was about to wipe the guy's blood off my hand, but remembered these weren't my clothes.

                I was about to bend down and wipe it on one of the drunkard's shirts, but Tamaki captured my other hand, pulling me up and handing me a wipe.

                He tilted my face up, wiping gently at splatters of blood on my face. His amethyst eyes held my own, worry and guilt pooling there.

                'Are you okay?' He asked softly, cupping my cheek.

                I pulled away forcefully, stumbling over one of the bodies and landing on my bum. 'I'm fine.' I lied.

                'You don't look fine. And you nearly killed three people.' The twins spoke in unison.

                'Leave her be.' Tamaki announced, though I could see hurt in his features now. 'This was a very traumatic experience—'

                'It's fine.' I stood up, shutting down my feelings again.

                He was supposed to be the hunted, not the hunter.

                But the warmth in my abdomen was protesting otherwise.

                'I just need to walk it off.' I turned to Haruhi, ignoring the others. 'I will wash your clothes tonight and return them to your building tomorrow. I apologise for any inconvenience I have caused you.' I bowed sharply.

                'Ale-chan.' Honey stood in front of me. 'You can't run from everything that scares you.' He said softly.

                'This doesn't scare me.' I snarled in denial, when the very thing Honey was saying, deep inside of me I was recognising as the truth.

                'You're scared of being found out. Every time we find out something you didn't want us too, you run. Just like you want to now.' He looked up at me, his face showing understanding.

                Wait, scared of being found out?

                He knew that I worked for S.H.A.D.O.W.?

                My temperature dropped to about minus fifty, my entire body freezing up.

                'F-found o-out?' I stuttered, clenching my hands to keep them from shaking.

                'Of course. All of your karate championship results were online. It wasn't too hard to figure out then why you could throw down Mori.' Kyuoya tilted his head. 'You're a national Australian champion.'

                'Oh, so she obviously used her abilities to protect my beautiful daughter!' Tamaki cried, his easy-going personality slipping back into place.

                What?

                Where the hell did Kyuoya get that information?

                'What...?' I stuttered.

                'Because you just wanted to fit in!' Honey jumped on my waist. 'But don't worry, Takashi and I used to do karate and kendo too!'

                Sometimes, I wish I could just faint with relief.

                But again, I'm not particularly the fainting type.

                'How'd you guys even find us?' I asked, thankful for the small save.

                'I have my sources...' Kyuoya's glasses flashed again, and I mentally groaned.

                His sources. Right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304 8 11
my name is yukiko nakamori and i used to be normal, until that day happened now my whole personality changed because i changed. I was 5 when it happe...
62.5K 2K 18
Hey, This is a request from @Ekatrice19 She wanted Ouran Highschool Host Club! So, you are a new girl at school. Your story is like Haruhi's: Commone...
10.8K 219 14
You go to Ouran High school, you are the new kid. Your looks were beautiful, but you didn't talk nor show a lot of emotion. Whenever someone tried to...
11.1K 324 48
A slow-burn romance fanfic in where: The new student of Ouran Academy, (Y/N), finds out about the infamous Host Club after an awkward run-in with the...