Hello Angel | BaekYeon

By smol_oreo

She is an angel sent from Heaven to guide him to the right path. [Entered StarryNightAwards] More

Welcome
Prologue
1- Rules of a Guardian Angel
2-Meeting Byun Baekhyun
3-School Entrance
4-Fear of Spiders
5-A Broken Friendship
6-Suspended!
7-Missing Someone
8-Meet Ginger
9-Jelly Beans
10-Smoking
11-Friends
12- Feed Me
13- Movie
14-Selfie
15-Improved
16- Birthday Party
17- Demons
18 - Voices
19 - A Dream
20 - Turned Bad
21- Broken Heart
22- Sacrifice
23- Hmm...lalalalala
24- Goodbye
The Letter

Epilogue

1.9K 125 135
By smol_oreo

"Baekhyun wake up."a voice called out to him.

Baekhyun opened his eyes slowly and stretched his arms and legs lazily. He sat up from his bed and glanced at the person who just woke him up. He widened his eyes and pulled her into a hug. He drew in a breath of her familiar scent and closed his eyes, feeling like he has finally returned back home.

"Taeyeon."he whispered her name.

"Breakfast is ready. Wash up and come down to eat breakfast."she said as she pulled away and pecked his forehead before walking away from him and out of the bedroom. Baekhyun gazed at the closed door longingly and scratched the back of his head before sliding out of the bed.

After washing up, he went downstairs and joined Taeyeon at the dining table.

"I don't understand. What are you doing here?"he asked.

"Haha, what do you mean?"she chuckled and placed a plate of pancakes in front of him. "Here, eat it up. We are going to accompany Hyunwoo to his first day in daycare later."she said, smiling at him.

"Hyunwoo? Who is that?"he furrowed his eyebrows even more at the mention of a stranger's name.

"Did you hit your head or something? Hyunwoo is your son."Taeyeon chuckled, crossing her arms in front of her apron.

"I have a son?!"he slammed down his fork.

"Erm...are you sick?"she asked, looking worried as her palm gently placed on his forehead.

"What? No."Baekhyun ran his fingers through his hair and looked around him. His surroundings was definitely different. This isn't his house. He glanced back at Taeyeon, she looked different too. She looked mature and she had changed the way she dress. "What? How? Why?"

"Baekhyun-a, are you okay?"Taeyeon asked him.

"Are we...married?"he asked, pointing at her and himself.

"Aren't we?"she chuckled softly.

Silence filled between them as Baekhyun stared at her, a lot of things going through his mind. He blinked and flashed her a smile before returning to the pancakes. Is this the future? He smiled at that thought and stabbed a piece of strawberry at the side of his plate.

"What are you thinking that makes you smile like that?"Taeyeon asked, sitting down in front of him.

"You."he said bluntly.

The future Taeyeon has been married to him for years, but words like this still managed to make her heart flutter. She chuckled as she shook her head slightly before digging into her pancakes.

Baekhyun stopped eating and stared at Taeyeon.

God, if this is a dream, please don't wake me up.

"Wake up son."Taeyeon's voice became deeper and it gradually became manlier.

"What?"

"Wake up! You are going to be late for school."his father's voice shook him awake. Baekhyun groaned and sat up on his bed. "The alarm clock has been ringing five minutes ago and you looked like a dead fish."his father commented. 

"I didn't even get to see what my son looks like."Baekhyun groaned and glared at his father.

"What?"his father looked at him, confused.

"Aish...nothing."Baekhyun waved it off and scratched the back of his head.

"Okay...see you downstairs."his dad said and left his son alone.

Baekhyun stared blankly at the door before getting up. In his dream, he washed his face and brushed his teeth. He groaned, remembering that it was just a dream and that he had to do his morning routine again.

It's been three weeks since Taeyeon left and this is the first time he had dreamed about her and finally slept well without having any nightmares. He misses her desperately. He thinks about her from time to time when his mind isn't occupied by his studies. Even when he is revising back to the notes she gave him, his heart clenched every time his eyes landed on the dark brown stain, where Taeyeon had a nose bleed while preparing the notes for him.

He wanted to tell someone about his 'problem', cause he had never feel like this before. He was weirded out by himself when he stares at a packet of jelly beans, because it made him think about her. He did consider the idea of seeing a psychiatrist, but he knew he just missed her badly.

His friends always find him blanking out in the arcade, because there is one special arcade game where Taeyeon and him used to play together.

People who don't know him thought he is going through a break up phase, but the truth is, they were never together.

-

"Are you going to eat that?"

Taeyeon snapped up her head to look at her father. "What?"

"You have been stirring your cereal while I finish mine."her father said.

"Oh."She looked down at her bowl and scrunched her nose in disgust as she stared at the soggy corn flakes.

"You have been blanking out ever since you came back. What are you thinking?"her father asked, concerned about his only daughter. Her father knew that something was off with his daughter ever since she came back. He thought she was just homesick, but it has been three weeks now and she still hasn't recovered.

"Nothing Papa."she said and forced a smile on her face.

"I am your father, I know how to differentiate the smile you pull when you are sad."her father said.

Taeyeon heaved a sigh and nodded.

"Care to share what has been on your mind?"her father asked.

Taeyeon kept quiet and scooped out a soggy spoon of cereal.

"Tell me, maybe I can help."her father said.

"I'm fine."she said.

"No, you are not. I know you. This depression of yours has been going on for three weeks now, it is time to tell me what is wrong. Did something happened on Earth?"

"No. Nothing happened."

"Tell me or else you will forever be living in your own misery. Thoughts are meant to be share-"

"I'm not fine."Taeyeon finally admitted. "But the reason behind this is so stupid, you are going to laugh at me."she said and pouted.

"Tell me what is on your mind."her father gave her an assuring smile.

"I miss someone from Earth. But I don't think that I deserve to think about him as I was the one who left."she said and looked up at her father. Her father was silent for a moment, processing his new found information about his daughter. 

"A guy?"he asked.

"Yes and he is my master."Taeyeon blushed. She is practically admitting that she has feelings for a guy to her father. She stared at her father wearily, afraid that he will freak out because she loves a guy other than him.

"And he is human.."

"Yep."

"Taeyeon, this is complicated. I will always support you in everything. Like how I eventually supported your job as a Guardian Angel. But-"her father paused, trying to find the right words to express his thoughts. "He is human. You two live in different worlds."

"But papa, I miss him. A lot."she said, her eyes watering at the thought about him. "I am not trying to sound dramatic. But I think I can't live on without seeing him."she said, her voice cracking at the end of the sentence.

"Oh Taeyeon."her father got up from his seat and hugged his daughter comfortingly. "I know that feeling. It has been years since your mother died, but I still missed her everyday. I know how you feel."he said and held her arm in sympathy. 

"Sorry papa, I feel stupid letting these feelings get to me."she sobbed and wrapped her arms around her father.

"These feelings are not stupid. It is what makes you an angel."her father said.

-

"Coming!"a voice called from inside the house.

Baekhyun stood there awkwardly when Yoona opened the door for him, surprised to see him at their doorstep. "Oh. Hi."

"Erm...can you pass this letter to Taeyeon?"he asked, holding up an envelope. "It is private, so only she can read it."he said.

"Who do you think I am? I don't work for the delivery service."Yoona said as she crossed her arms across her chest. "And I don't simply read other people's letters."she said, sounding offended when he reminded her that only Taeyeon can read it.

"Please."Baekhyun grunted.

"Fine. I am going back next week though. So this letter will probably reach her next week."Yoona said.

"Okay. Thanks."he said and turned back to walk away.

"It has been weeks. You are still thinking about her?"Yoona asked, stopping him from leaving.

"Never stopped thinking about her."he said softly over his shoulder, that Yoona thought she heard him wrongly.

-

"Is there any way Ms?"Taeyeon's father paced back and forth of the meeting room. "My daughter is not herself anymore. There must be a solution to this."he said.

"I'm sorry sir. Unless we take away her emotions, which is impossible."Ms Sienna said. "It isn't easy to get rid of feelings. And I think Kim Taeyeon has fallen quite deep into love with this boy."She continued.

"There must be right? You experienced that before. Didn't you?"

"It needs to be a special request sir. It worked for me, but I am not sure if they will give Taeyeon that permission."Ms Sienna said.

"Please. For Taeyeon's sake."Taeyeon's father said. "That is all I ask."

Ms Sienna heaved a sigh. Like father, like daughter. The both of them are the same when it comes to pleading for another person's sake. "I will see what I can do Sir."she sighed.

"Thank you. Whatever the solution is, I will go with it. Even if she has to be separated from me."Mr Kim said and left without hesitating his decision.

A week later...

"Hey. Long time no see."Taeyeon said as she took a seat in front of Yoona.

"Yeah. Finally we get to see each other and talk face to face."Yoona said as she crossed her leg on the other. "The reason I want to see you, actually, is to give you this."she pushed a white envelope closer to Taeyeon.

"What is this?"Taeyeon smiled as she reached out to grab the letter.

"From Baekhyun."Yoona sighed.

Taeyeon froze and stared at the letter. 

Baekhyun.

That is a name she has missed calling so much.

"I know you miss him. But can you read the letter when you get home?"Yoona asked. "Let's have a talk first before you breakdown to whatever he wrote to you."she continued.

"Sure..."Taeyeon grazed her fingers across the familiar handwriting on the letter which wrote 'To:Taeyeon'.

"Put it in your bag. And let's catch up on things."Yoona said when she noticed Taeyeon blanking out at the letter.

"Oh sure. Sorry that I got distracted."Taeyeon smiled as she shoved the envelope into her bag. She felt excited and nervous, wondering about the contents inside the envelope. "So, how is...Sehun and Luhan?"she asked.

"Just be honest Taeyeon, you wanted to ask how was Baekhyun. Didn't you?"Yoona teased.

"Well, that is just a bonus. How are they?"Taeyeon grinned.

"Sehun has been doing quite well actually. And guess what, Luhan and I are together now. Weird right?"

"Not at all. We all knew that you two are going to end up together eventually. Funny story, Xing asked me about you two last week."Taeyeon chuckled. "I will inform him later about the good news."

"As for your master. Erm...he is just like you. Like an empty soul roaming around."Yoona said.

"Is he okay?"she asked, concern for Baekhyun.

"He will be fine."Yoona waved it off and changed the topic.

-

"Ms!"Taeyeon pushed open the door without knocking.

"Oh Taeyeon."Ms Sienna looked up from her desk. "I expected to see you here."she said, standing up from her seat. The first thing she noticed about the young angel is her tear-stained face, which meant that she cried while running towards her office. Ms Sienna diverted her gaze down to the letter that is gripped tightly in Taeyeon's hands.

"Ms Sienna, I know this is selfish of me. And what I am about to request is a disgrace to the name of the Guardian Angels. But I-"

"I know what you are going to request Kim Taeyeon."Ms Sienna ceased her before she could continue. "Your father came here last week and requested the same thing."she added.

"M-My papa did?"

"Yes. And I have been quite busy this week because of the new arrangements I have done for you."Ms Sienna continued as she slided open her desk drawer to retrieve a file. "There are new arrangements for you."

"Ms I-"

"You are going to continue your duty as a Guardian Angel. But you are going to be a teacher on Earth, as an angel in disguise, to guide your master and your mistress as a teacher."Ms Sienna explained as she handed the file to her. "At the mean time, since you are not pass that age yet, you can be a student. The place you live is still the same. And all of your duties will only be carried out in that same area."

"Oh my god, thank you!"Taeyeon bowed at her. 

"Don't thank  me yet. I helped you to request this and the Head Council agreed with me, so you are going to be the first angel to do this. If it works, there will be other angels sent down there to live there permanently and do their duty."Ms Sienna said and smiled.

"Thank you!"she ran towards her and enveloped her mentor into a warm hug. "Thank you Ms."she thanked her again.

"You are welcome."Ms Sienna hugged her back. "Oh and one more thing."Ms Sienna said as she pulled herself away from the young angel. "You will receive your identification and have your legal rights as a citizen there."she added.

-

"Good job Byun Baekhyun. You are one of the first batch of students who have already submitted their assignment a week before the due date."

"Yes sir."Baekhyun nodded at his teacher and went back to his seat. He heaved a sigh and looked out the window. He found himself staring up at the clouds as if heaven is just right there.

"We have a new student. Come in."the teacher announced.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and buried his face into his palms. 

Who the heck in their right mind will transfer schools in the middle of the school year?

"Erm...hi everyone. My name is Kim Taeyeon. Nice to meet you all!"a familiar voice said from the front of the class, causing Baekhyun to snap up his head.

His eyes locked with a familiar pair of warmness. The shock made him stand up from his seat abrubtly, causing the other students to glance his way.

"Are you that excited?"the teacher chuckled. Baekhyun shook his head and sat back down, but his eyes never left Taeyeon. "Erm...you will sit beside the one who just welcomed you excitedly then."the teacher said, referring to Baekhyun.

"Okay sir."Taeyeon nodded at the teacher before walking towards Baekhyun.

Baekhyun flashed a smile at her as she took a seat beside him.

Is this still a dream?

"Hey Baekhyun-a."she whispered, smiling at him.

"Taeyeon."

"I missed you."she whispered.

"Me too."he smiled at her. He didn't know what to say. So his hand reached down to her hand and gave it an encouraging squeeze. "I am not dreaming..."he mumbled.

"What?"she chuckled softly.

"Nothing."he shook his head and smiled at her. 

"Let's talk later."

-

A/N: Anyone curious about the contents of that letter? There will be a special chapter regarding about the letter. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 1.5K 28
β““Even the devil was once an angel.β““ Welcome to my unexpected story. 3.3.16 - 6.6.16
71.1K 4.2K 18
❝ I don't need you to like her. I need you to protect her. ❞ Where a spoiled rich girl and an assassin end up on the run together.
55.2K 1.9K 37
Baekhyun is a bad boy who belongs to a squad called EXO. They transeffered to SM university and he bumped into the very famous student, Kim Taeyeon...
223K 7.7K 41
They never know each other. They never meet each other. But suddenly they have to marry each other. What will going to happen? Are they going to be o...