Hello Angel | BaekYeon

By smol_oreo

She is an angel sent from Heaven to guide him to the right path. [Entered StarryNightAwards] More

Welcome
Prologue
1- Rules of a Guardian Angel
2-Meeting Byun Baekhyun
3-School Entrance
4-Fear of Spiders
5-A Broken Friendship
6-Suspended!
7-Missing Someone
8-Meet Ginger
9-Jelly Beans
10-Smoking
11-Friends
12- Feed Me
13- Movie
14-Selfie
15-Improved
16- Birthday Party
17- Demons
18 - Voices
19 - A Dream
20 - Turned Bad
21- Broken Heart
22- Sacrifice
23- Hmm...lalalalala
Epilogue
The Letter

24- Goodbye

1.6K 104 33
By smol_oreo

"Taeyeon-a, Ms Sienna wants to talk to you."Sehun knocked on her door before letting himself into her room. "She is on video call."

"Thanks."Taeyeon reached over to grab the iPad from him.

"Welcome."he left her room after that to give them privacy.

"I have good news for you."Ms Sienna said. It is good news, but she wasn't smiling at all, as if she is going to inform her about someone's death.

"What is it?"she asked, unsure if she even wants to hear it.

"Your duty is done here."Ms Sienna said. "Which means you can leave today and go back to Heaven."she continued.

"I can leave right now?"

"Yes."

"I...erm Ms, can I stay for one more week? I have to say my goodbyes."

"Sorry Taeyeon, it is the rules. The latest is tomorrow. Understand?"

"Oh, okay. I understand."

After ending the call, Taeyeon grabbed her camera and casually scroll through the pictures. She can take her camera back with her, which contains all of the wonderful memories she made here. She gripped on her camera tighter as she stared at a picture of Baekhyun and her.

She put away her camera and sighed heavily. Why isn't she happy that she is going back to Heaven? Does she even want to leave this place?

Taeyeon knew that she had to tell Baekhyun first, no matter what. He needs to be the first one to know about this. She grabbed her bag and left her room. Running down the stairs, she waved at her friends and left the house before they could even ask where she is going.

-

Taeyeon rehearsed what she is going to tell Baekhyun in her mind repeatedly as she waited for him beside the front gate. When she looked up from her shoes, she saw him walking by and looking around, probably looking for her.

"Baekhyun!"she called his name.

He looked back and smiled when he spotted her. After he revived back to life, they hung out together like before, temporarily forgetting what happened before. They got along well although they still argued a bit, which is what they always do.

"Erm..."Taeyeon bit down on her bottom lip. The moment she saw him, everything she rehearsed in her mind disappeared. Her mind blanked out. "Erm..."she hesitated. 

"What?"Baekhyun raised a curious brow at her.

"I am leaving."she blurted out. She looked at him and he was staring at her with his mouth agape. 

"What?"a small gasp left his lips.

"I said that I am leaving soon."she ran her fingers through her hair and heaved a sigh. "I am going back."

"Where?"

"I am going back to heaven. Where I came from."she repeated. She regretted it when she saw hurt flashing across his features.

He kept quiet and stared at her, not knowing what to say.

"Baek-"

"Why did you even-"he stopped himself. He wanted to shout at her for playing with his feelings although he knew that that wasn't true. He wanted to shout at her how upset he is when he heard that she is leaving. He wanted to blame her for making him feel like that.

He wanted to tell her to stay.

But he couldn't tell her that.

"What?"she asked softly.

"Nothing."Baekhyun didn't know how to express himself. He felt overwhelmed when she told him that she is leaving. He knew that this day will come, but he still couldn't face the truth. In a situation where he couldn't do anything, he decided to storm off and ignored her when she tried to hold him back.

"I am leaving tomorrow!"she shouted after him, hoping that he listened to her.

-

Baekhyun stood in front of his desk, staring down at the photo album Taeyeon gave him on his birthday. His fingers glided across the cover of the album before flipping it open. He lazily flipped through the pages slowly, his eyes scanning each photo carefully.

A sudden realization hit him.

She gave him this album so that he could remember her after she goes back to Heaven.

He dropped down on his chair and sighed. He knew that she is leaving. But he didn't know that she had never plan to stay here with him. Will she even stay if he ask her to? Probably not. She has been waiting to leave for ages, she is not going to give everything up for him.

He lied down on his bed and kicked his blanket furiously to vent out his frustration. He could have ask her to stay when he had the chance to. He buried his face into his pillow and groaned at how dumb he was just now. Storming off like a five year old doesn't fix the situation they are in at all. Taeyeon will probably misunderstand that as telling her to leave as soon as possible.

Baekhyun didn't know how long he slept, but when he opened his eyes, it is already morning. Another new day.

She is going to leave today. Which also meant that yesterday was the last day he is going to be seeing her and he just wasted it.

He has been holding onto her for way too long, he should just let her go. It is only fair for her. She came here and it made him happy for the time being, now that everything is over, it is the right time for her to leave.

He grabbed his phone and called her.

After a few rings, she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Taeyeon, are you still here?"he asked, swallowing the invisible lump down his throat.

"Yeah, I am about to leave-"

"Where are you? I will come to you."he asked urgently as he went to the bathroom to wash up. "Okay, I will be there."he said and ended the call before brushing his teeth.

He called for a taxi because he knew that he is running out of time. Getting into the cab, he gave the driver the address and ordered him to drive faster.

-

"I will see you up there after I finish my duty."Yoona said as she patted Taeyeon's back before pulling away from the farewell hug.

"Hope to see you soon then."Taeyeon smiled at her and moved on to Sehun who stood stiffly beside her. "Goodbye Sehun-a. It has been a pleasure to be in the same team and working together with you. I wouldn't have done it without you. So thank you."she said.

"Welcome. Good luck on Heaven."he said as he patted Taeyeon's back when she pulled him into a warm hug.

"Good luck to you too."she pulled back from him and flashed a warm smile at him before looking at Luhan. "Goodbye Luhan."

"That is all you are going to say to me?"Luhan chuckled.

"Good. Bye. Luhan."she teased him. "In all seriousness, it has been a lot of fun sitting at the dining table and watching you argue with Yoona."she said and hugged him.

"The house is going to be in war without you the peacemaker here."he said, rubbing his nape nervously.

"Hopefully there won't be any arguements."she said and wiggled her brows teasingly.

"Haha. Very funny Kim Taeyeon."Luhan deadpanned.

They walked her to the taxi and Sehun opened the door for her as Luhan helped to load the trunk. "What's wrong?"Yoona asked as she noticed Taeyeon standing in front of the taxi and not getting into it.

"She is waiting for her master."Sehun explained for her.

"Yep. He called me a few minutes ago, telling me to wait for him."she said, still looking around, hoping to see him.

"There are only a few minutes left."Luhan said as he slammed down the lid, earning a glare from the taxi driver. "Is he even coming?"he asked, resting his hands on his hips after muttering a quick apology to the driver.

"He will. He said he will come."Taeyeon said, chewing her bottom lip nervously.

"Maybe he-"

"Taeyeon!"Baekhyun shouted her name from afar as he got off his own taxi and ran towards her. Taeyeon snapped her head up and smiled brightly at the sight of him.

"Baekhyun-a!"she ran towards him happily and enveloped him into a hug. "I thought I am not going to see you for the last time."she whispered, her arms wrapping around him as tight as she could.

"I am sorry for wasting yesterday. I am here to see you go."he said, pulling away from her gently.

"See me go?"for some reason, she felt dissapointed when he said that.

He really wants her to leave.

"Yeah. Last goodbye."he said, smiling sadly at her.

"Oh yeah... I am going to miss you."she said, her eyes filling with tears.

"Me too."he said, still forcing a smile on his face.

"Goodbye Baekhyun."she tiptoed and pecked his lips, catching him off guard.

"Goodbye. Taeyeon."he quickly recovered from the shock and flashed a sad smile at her. He started backing away as he waved at her. "Goodbye."

Taeyeon heaved a sigh and turned back to the taxi.

"What was that?"Luhan chuckled awkwardly.

"A goodbye kiss."Taeyeon said softly and got into the car. After closing the door for her, Sehun waved at her one last time before the taxi started driving away. It felt like time slowed down the moment the taxi passed by Baekhyun. Taeyeon's eyes followed him as Baekhyun just stood there, staring at the ground in deep thought.

When he is out of sight, she diverted her eyes back to her front. The tears she blinked away came back and escaped her eyes. She knew that she is going to miss him the most. She is still confused whether or not she wanted to stay. If Baekhyun ask her to stay, she would.

-

A/N : Next chapter is Epilogue. 

Thank you so much everyone, for reading this story. This story was published on 1 March, so it has been born for two months now. I had a lot of fun writing this story. I am going to be busier than usual, so I still don't know when I am going to update the last chapter, hopefully soon.

It is a goodbye for BaekYeon.

And a goodbye for us soon too. :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.2K 1.9K 37
Baekhyun is a bad boy who belongs to a squad called EXO. They transeffered to SM university and he bumped into the very famous student, Kim Taeyeon...
223K 7.7K 41
They never know each other. They never meet each other. But suddenly they have to marry each other. What will going to happen? Are they going to be o...
74.1K 4.2K 39
A light-hearted story about young love.
101K 5K 31
"So you never loved me." "You should have known this from the start. Cause everything we had is fake." A BaekYeon fanfiction.