Foreseen [An Elijah Mikaelson...

By evaki498

Cassandra Gold was an ordinary girl, living in a small town named Mystic Falls. She thought her life was norm... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Tribute to The Vampire Diaries
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Epilogue
Author's Note
#Deleted Chapter
#Bonus Chapter - Part 1
#Bonus Chapter - Part 2
#Bonus Chapter - Part 3
#Bonus Chapter - Part 4
#Bonus Chapter - Part 5
#Bonus Chapter - Part 6
#Bonus Chapter - Part 7
#Behind The "Script" Facts
#Funny Relevant / Irrelevant Moments
#Q&A
Thank you!!!
We won!!!

Chapter 147

4.8K 100 56
By evaki498

Klaus's P.O.V.

I had never thought that a human could make my family fall apart, but apparently I was wrong. Cassandra's death destroyed everyone. I could see my brother being lost every single day it passed and I could do nothing about it. Even Rebekah came. When I called her to tell her the news, she burst into tears. And me... I have never felt guiltier in my entire life. I was responsible for that girl. I had promised to keep her safe. And I failed. I was standing outside Cassandra's room, watching my brother holding her hand waiting for her to come back. He had not left her side for days. Davina had casted a spell to preserve her body. Now she was lying on her bed, in a wedding dress at her request, sleeping peacefully. We waited for her family to show up soon. We would have to hand them Cassandra, even though we were not very happy about it. I didn't know how I would face her grandmother after this. And I didn't know how I would handle my brother after we would give her away.

Suddenly, yelling was heard from downstairs. That seemed to pull Elijah out of his daydream. He kissed Cassandra's hand gently, before setting it to her side and standing up to face me.

"Let's go see what's going on." He said and moved past me. I had never seen him so weak.

"Where is he?" Someone yelled. The voice seemed familiar, but I could not tell why. "You!!!"

The man hissed when he saw Elijah and lunged on him, punching him right in the face. I was about to attack, when a female voice stopped me.

"Alexander, contain yourself!!!" I turned to look at the redhead woman that I hadn't seen in almost eighteen years.

"Christa." I gasped.

"Hello to you too, Klaus." She greeted me back. I recognized the pain in her voice. But, her face only wore a mask of dignity, the same mask I had seen that night. My silence gave her the chance to continue. "I'm here for my granddaughter." She explained.

As I helped my brother to his feet, my eyes fell on the people standing behind Christa. I instantly recognized the descendants of the men that I, myself, executed years ago. Even our old enemies from Mystic Falls were here. This room was filled with people that hated me. But, it was also full of people that loved Cassandra. And I could not deprive them from the right to mourn their loved one.

"I apologize for Alexander's behaviour. I assure you, the sole reason for our presence here is Cassandra. We do not intend on starting a war. You have my word on that." I nodded unable to utter a single word. "Now, can I see my granddaughter?" She requested politely. I nodded again and led them upstairs to her room. Elijah didn't follow. Instead, he headed to the small interior garden of the compound.

Christa was a very strong woman. Stronger than most people I met. She lost her soulmate, her daughter and yet she remained strong for the sake of her grandchild. Seeing that woman collapse in the sight of her dead granddaughter was a sight I wouldn't wish to anyone. Everyone gathered around her bed, grief written in their features. Cassandra didn't know how much she was loved. She didn't know how much she meant to her friends and family. To Elijah. To me. I quickly exited the room, before any tears could escape my eyes. I should not show my weaknesses. So, I left them with her and took off to stand by my own family. Elijah was sitting on a small bench, staring at the wall.

"I never thought I would ever see you like this." I said sitting beside him. He remained silent for a while, before finally answering.

"I lost my whole purpose of existence, brother. How do you expect me to be?" His voice was barely heard.

"I expect you to act like a man, like an Original. I know what Cassandra meant to you and I know how you feel now that she is gone. But, destroying yourself is not the answer. She would never want that." I said placing my hand on his shoulder. He pushed it away.

"Do not talk to me about what Cassandra would have wanted! She is not here! She is dead! And I died along with her! I might still be breathing, but I stopped living the moment she stopped breathing!" He shouted in my face. I felt his pain. I understood him. He was my brother. And I had to stand by him at this difficult time. He returned to staring at the wall.

"I'm sorry, brother. I shouldn't take it out on you." I placed my hand again on his shoulder. This time he didn't push it away.

"You can use me as your punching bag for as long as you want. I don't mind." That brought a small smile on his lips. "I miss her too, you know. Her sharp tongue was unlike anything I have ever seen." His smile became a little wider.

"I don't understand, Niklaus... How could I be such a fool? How could I reject the woman I loved the most?"

"Everyone makes mistakes, brother. We might brag about being the most powerful creatures in the world, but deep inside we are all human after all. And you know how hard it is for me to admit that." He sighed. It was devastating to see him like this. I had never seen my brother cry for a very long time.

"You should go to your daughter. She needs you more than me right now." He said.

"But-" I tried to protest, but he cut me off, before I could say anything else.

"Please, brother. I need to be left alone." I agreed with a silent nod and left. I headed to me daughter's room, as he told me, only to find Christa waiting for me at the top of the stairs.

"Christa..." I couldn't look her in the eye. Cassandra sacrificed her life for my daughter. Christa lost her family because of me and this was the final blow.

"You can look me in the eyes, Niklaus. You have no reason to be ashamed. Apart from killing my husband and my son-in-law, of course." The accusation hit me square on the face. I didn't complain. I didn't protest. She had every right to talk to me the way she did. "But, that belongs to the past. Right now, I would like to meet the person my granddaughter gave her life for." I raised my head to meet her eyes, surprised by her request. I said nothing. "Please, Klaus. I would like to meet your daughter." I nodded in agreement and motioned her to follow me.

I led her to Hayley's room, which was connected to my daughter's room. "Hey, Klaus-" Hayley started, but stopped as soon as she saw Christa entering behind me. She was sitting on the rocking chair by the window with our little girl in her arms. "What's going on?" She asked, suddenly concerned.

"Christa wanted to meet our daughter." Hayley stood up, slowly approaching us.

"You must be Cassandra's grandmother. I'm sorry for you loss." Christa nodded once. Then, her eyes fell on the small child.

"May I?" She questioned extending her hands. Hayley looked at me for a second, before handing our daughter to her.The baby gave her an adorable smile and Christa smiled in return. "She is so beautiful." She said after a while. "What's her name?" She asked not taking her eyes off my daughter.

"Hope Cassandra Mikaelson." She looked at me with watery eyes and a smile formed slowly on her face.

"That's a beautiful name." She said, before handing me my daughter and exiting the room quickly.

Elijah's P.O.V.

I was left alone once more. Alone with my pain and my guilt. Was it ever going to end? It was still nightfall and I knew it must have been only hours since Cassandra's family had arrived. I knew they would take her away from me, to bury her back in Mystic Falls. And it made the pain even worse. But, I had no right to protest in any way. I felt someone's presence behind me, but I didn't turn around. I didn't respond in any way. I didn't care who it was. If they had come to beat me up, I would accept it. I deserved all of it.

"Elijah Mikaelson?" I recognized the female voice. It was Cassandra's grandmother. I immediately turned around to face her, standing up in the process.

"Ma'am." I replied nodding.

"You must be my granddaughter's soulmate." She stated. I lowered my head. I didn't deserve to be called like that. I had lost that privilege ages ago... "Don't blame yourself." I raised my eyes to meet hers. They were exactly the same with Cassandra's. I was surprised by her words. I expected her to feel the same with Alexander, who had punched me earlier. "Cassandra was a big girl and was able to make her own decisions. Whatever she did, she did it to protect you and your niece. She did what fate told her to. And I certainly don't blame you."

"Maybe you should." I replied sitting back down on the bench. She huffed.

"I know your pain, son. I lost a soulmate too." I had completely forgotten that Niklaus was responsible for her husband's death. If she felt half of the pain I felt right now, I couldn't even imagine how she had survived.

"I know it will make no difference, but I... I apologize for my brother's actions. He shouldn't have gone after your family." A small smile spreaded on her face.

"You don't have to apologize on behalf of your brother. What is done is done." Silence followed her last words and I had the need to say something, but I kept silent. "She loved you, you know." I winced at these words. I knew and it killed me, remembering the way I treated her. "She was so indecisive about you. She loved you, yet again she seemed to want to stay away from you."

"I had that effect on her back then. Maybe she should have. Things would be different now." She shook her head in denial.

"Don't say that. You were soulmates. You deserved to be together. And don't fool yourself. One way or another you would end up together." I didn't know what to say.

"Does it get any better?" I asked after a while. She scoffed.

"On the contrary. It only gets worse. But, don't worry about it. Your pain will not last for long." I turned to look at her.

"What do you mean?" She smiled.

"You'll find out soon, son." She replied mysteriously. It was strange hearing her calling me 'son', considering I had sixteen times her age. "I must go now. I have things to do." She said standing up.

Her words brought me back to reality. She would take her away from me. I wouldn't see her again. She would be buried and I'd be left alone. She must have seen the look of devastation in my face, because she rushed to say that everything would make sense in a while. I just nodded and tried to keep my composure. I didn't want to break down in front of her. With these words, she left the garden and soon after a few moments, Niklaus came to inform me that they were about to leave. Not having the strength to even stand on my feet, I accepted my brother's help and followed him to the main area.

3rd person's P.O.V.

No one could believe the sudden death of Cassandra Gold. The news came as a thunderbolt to her friends and family. Especially to her grandmother. Her granddaughter was the only reason she remained alive, after her soulmate's death. And now that she was gone... It was unbearable. She was so young... She had all her life ahead of her... Why fate had planned something like that for her? Sobs, tears and whimpering were the only sounds that consumed Cassandra's room. She looked so beautiful in her wedding dress. She shouldn't have died. And the fact that she dealt with it in such dignity, the fact that she never told anyone about her vision, the fact that remained strong until the very end was admirable and heartbreaking at the same time. Life had been unfair to her.

Bonnie Bennett was no stranger to unfairness. She had gone through a lot during her life. She had died too. And still found a way back. As well as Elena and Caroline, who both died and were brought back to life as vampires. But, Cassandra... She had no a way back. She was gone. Forever. And that was the part that killed her best friends more. That there was no chance to see their best friend again. Except Bonnie. She was sitting in the corner away from Cassandra's bed and her body. She couldn't believe her friend was gone. Not when she had her standing right beside her. They didn't talk. They were both looking at the same direction not exchanging a single word. Cassandra hadn't passed to the other side yet. Bonnie was guessing that she didn't feel ready. Hell, she herself was not ready when she died.

"I... I think I'm ready now..." Cassandra uttered interrupting Bonnie's thoughts.

"Are you sure?" She asked quietly, not wanting anyone to hear her. Cassandra nodded.

"Yes, I am." She replied firmly.

Bonnie nodded and made her way out of the room, not wanting anyone to witness her pain. She headed to a dark corner of the compound, not turning to look at her dead friend, until she came to a stop. She took a deep breath and waited for Cassandra to make her move.

"So, I guess this is it." Cassandra said.

"Yeah." Bonnie didn't know how to respond. Her pain apart from psychological would be also physical in a few moments.

"I'm sorry, Bonnie. For everything." Bonnie's eyes grew wide from astonishment.

"You? It should be us apologizing to you, not the other way around. We should have come find you when you left. We should have stood by you when Elijah left."

"I needed some time away from Mystic Falls, Bonnie. It's not your fault."

"We should have followed you. That's what friends do. If we had, we wouldn't have come to this point." The redhead girl shook her head.

"There is no point in thinking about what would have happened. This is the present. And we have to live with it. We have to live with our decisions." She concluded. Tears started falling from Bonnie's eyes. "I love you, Bonnie. I love you all."

These were her final words before hugging Bonnie and passing through her to the other side. The pain didn't last for long, but it left a permanent mark on her heart. After a few minutes of trying to catch her breath, she headed back to Cassandra's room, not noticing the hybrid that was standing in the other end of the room and had been watching her the whole time.

When she got back, it seemed that no one had realized she was gone. But, she couldn't say the same thing for Cassandra's grandmother. She had left almost an hour ago to see Klaus. Bonnie couldn't help but wonder.

What took her so long?

Author's Note: This chapter is dedicated to all those that we've lost, but they'll forever remain in our hearts. May they R.I.P. and those left behind find the strength to live without them...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 129 29
The Unknown Salvatore is about this 17 year old girl, Addison, who moves to Mystic Falls to meet her father, Zach Salvatore. When see gets to Mystic...
97.8K 2.4K 64
After three long years, full of horror and heartbreak, Klaus Mikaelson and Penelope Gilbert-Mikaelson have finally moved from their home in New Orlea...
127K 2.1K 34
After graduating early and leaving mystic Falls Alexandria comes back. after 5 months of being away from her family who she hates, but when she meets...
288K 3.7K 38
When a certain original comes to Mystic Falls and finds out that he has a daughter from before his family and him were turned what will he do? She is...