His Legendary Mate ✔️|COMPLET...

By blahh_56

The ground shook. The battle began. Blood spilled. The Alpha died. The luna escaped with her new born child... More

INFORMATION
Beginning
Hell on Earth
Kaden
The Table
Stranger Things
The Sealing of Fate
Netflix and Chill
Rogue
DATE NIGHT.12
PARENTS?.13
DINNER WITH THE SMITH'S.14
PART I:WEREWOLVES?!.15
PART II:WEREWOLVES?!.16
PART III:WEREWOLVES?!.17
Peek of the past.18
What's a mark?.19
Truths out: I.20
Truths out:II.21
Truths Out: III.22
Bones breaking.23
SHIFTING.24
I Love You.25
Marked Women.26
TRAINING.27
LIES
Taken
Stay strong
Beg
Heart ache.
Big bad wolf
FORBIDDEN MARK
Mark her
Crying, Love, Desire
Apologies
Challenged
Darkness and light
Vulnerable
Loss
Aftermath
His Legendary Mate
THANK YOU
Epilogue
Hear me Roar, Alpha

Myths and Logic

38.9K 1.1K 137
By blahh_56

~A T H E N A~

I wake up with the sun shining on my face, yawning and roll over to get a look at the time on my alarm clock. I get out of bed and stretch my limbs out before getting up to use the bathroom.

Moving at a slow pace, I change into a black pencil skirt and a white crop top sweater with matching white converse. Since having a good amount of time I decide to style my hair into a messy bun before going downstairs to be greeted by my mother.

"Good morning, you're up early for a Monday." She greets putting her cup of coffee down.

"Yeah, I had lots of sleep yesterday, when did you get in last night?" My eyes follow her movements to the stove.

"Around eleven-thirty." She responds while cracking three eggs.

Frowning at her answer I walk to the refrigerator for bottled water.

"You usually get home around ten, where did you go?" I turn towards her after pulling my water out of the fridge, she stiffens as if she is caught.

She's hiding something.

"Well if you must know everything, I went into town with some co-workers to get a bite to eat." Her response is calm giving me no reason to think she telling anything other than the truth.

I stand against the counter watching my mom scrambled eggs as it was the most interesting thing in the world.

She's hiding something and I'm going to find out what, mom isn't social enough to spend her free time with co-workers.

After a few minutes, I watch as she plates the eggs and hands it over to me, I take them gratefully with a thank you. As I'm about to ask her about work she leaves the kitchen before I get the chance.

I eat while thinking as to what she could be hiding from me, we tell each other everything. Getting caught up in my thoughts it's time for me to start leaving for school before I know it.

I grab everything I need before leaving out of the door, "Bye mom." I shout not waiting for an answer.

~

~

~

I make it to school with ten minutes to spare, I text Jas to see where is at only getting a reply of 'pulling up'. I wait in the parking lot as I scroll through my phone for something to past the time.

"Hey." I look up to Jasmine who has a grim expression.

"Hey, is someone still sulking?" I tease tucking my phone into my backpack since not having any pockets on my skirt.

Jasmine rolls her eyes, "I'm never going to a party with you again, bad things happen."

Shaking my head at her logic I laugh knowing she's going to get mad, "Well you know what they say, drinking brings out your feelings, maybe you do have a thing for Lawrence." I try to tell her seriously but fail.

Jasmine's eyes widen slightly before narrowing them down at me into a glare, "Don't even start."

Laughing Jasmine turns and heads into school trying to leave me but I follow her as she stomps away like a child. Just when we get past the school doors the bell for the first period rings in my ear.

Biding a not so happy Jasmine goodbye I find myself slowly walking to first period where I will no doubt see Kaden.

I don't know if I'm upset about the whole thing, maybe disappointed because I hoped he had the same feelings I did and embarrassed for putting myself out there then getting completely ignored.

Entering the classroom I make zero eye contact with anyone, I quickly get to my seat safely and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Slowly I look over to Kaden's assigned seat and I praise the heavens he isn't here yet.

Calming my nerves, I take out our daily journals for writing prompts that are posted on the board even before class starts, wanting to get a head start.

'If you could be any animal, what would you be?' The prompt says.

Thinking it over I finally decide on an elephant, I start my short paragraph putting all my focus into it as I bury my head in the journal. As I continue to write an intoxicating smell invades my senses. Little by little my mind can't comprehend well enough to write anything down.

Frowning I finally look up to find the source of the delightful smell and only then is when I wish I hadn't.

I come face to face with Kaden, my mouth open, and closes trying to find something to say but I can't form any words. I divert my attention to Kaden's seat he was assigned only for it to filled by another student.

Not having anything to say and this new sense of smell distracting me, I turn away from him and bury my head back down in my journal just as the bell rings signaling the start of class.

The whole period I didn't listen to one thing Mrs. Pete said or understand a thing she was teaching. I'm too focused on Kaden's burning gaze on me, he doesn't say two words to me, just stares.

"The person who you're sitting next to will be your project partner, you and you partner will be doing a presentation on mythology, pick one mythical being and do research for your presentation, the whole period will be you and your partner getting to decide what myth you would like to do, time starts now." I hear Mrs. Pete speak but I don't realize exactly what she's saying until Kaden finally speaks.

"Are you ready for this, partner?" He smiles his stupid smile.

My jaw drops realizing what this means for me.

Slowly, I turn in my seat so my body is facing him, immediately I make eye contact with his dark green ones. We sit in silence as chatter fills the room, a few moments pass before he decides to break the silence between us once again.

"Look, I know I ran out on you yesterday and that was a shitty thing to do, I'm truly sorry for that." Kaden takes my hands into his gently and I allow to see where he's going with this.

His expression is serious than I've ever seen before, "You're not wrong, there is something between us, something that's strong, but only knowing each other for a short amount of time I want to make sure you don't feel like we're going too fast."

I stare hard into his eyes trying to look for dishonestly but I find none, what he says is true, and I'm relieved I'm not going too crazy being the only one feeling this bond between us.

Still, I'm not sure if this is normal, to feel something this strong for someone. These feelings of mine seem to run deep as if I've known Kaden all my life.

"How are you processing this?" He asks with the drop of my hands in his.

I want to say I'm happy, relieved and maybe a little mad that he still ran out on me yesterday but he can redeem himself but answer straight forward to my question.

The butterflies come back but I swallow them down, "Do you have feelings in this...bond between us?" Okay, maybe my question wasn't so straightforward like I planned but it's only been a week since I've known the guy.

Kaden eyes spark with hope, "Yes, feelings you wouldn't believe." He chuckles more to himself.

I hum in response thinking about what I should say in response. I laugh to myself at the thought of forgiving him knowing I have the minute my eyes locked with his.

The battle between logic and these feelings commence in my mind as I try to decide on my next move.

"I'm glad things aren't one-sided." I smile which he returns.

"Well, in that case, how about you and I go on a date this upcoming weekend?" He asks slowly.

"That'll be nice." I nod agreeing with him.

"Great." He grins.

We stare at each other with goofy grins before I remember our project.

"We should pick a topic for the assignment," I stated.

Kaden nods, "Right, I've already come up with something, our myth could be about werewolves."

Thinking it over I agree, "Okay, sounds good and besides I watched all the twilights." I laugh but Kaden only scoffs at my comment.

Crossing his arms over his chest he leans back in his seat almost pouting, "I didn't take you as a twilight fan, and besides the only thing cool about it are the werewolves, they just do everything better than vampires." He shrugs as if it's the most obvious thing in the world

"Sounds like someone is team, Jacob." I raise a brow in questioning.

"Damn right, now I have a question for you alma, werewolves or vampires?" He asks seriously.

Chuckling at his behavior I answer, "Easy, werewolves they're naturally warm and they're children of the moon goddess, drinking blood doesn't exactly sound appetizing."

Kaden stares at me in awe before shaking his head in realization, "How do you know about the moon goddess?" He questions tripping over his words.

"I've read a book about her and the creation of werewolves, they're the children of the moon but it was a fictional book so I could be wrong," I explain

Looking at the clock on the wall I nod to myself, "The bell is about to ring, we should research the topic after school in the library?"

"Sounds good, I'll meet you there after school but Athena, I believe you about the whole moon goddess thing you were telling me about." Kaden smiles as mischief danced in his eyes.

Shrugging I pack up my belongings, "I believe myths existed at one point in time, if they're still out there, that'd be cool." I see Kaden nod out the corner of my eye.

"See you after school," I tell him just as the bell ring dismissing us.

~

~

~

Finding the school library was hard, after having no luck finding it I had to ask for directions by one of the staff members.

Enter the building I instantly spot Kaden on a computer with his back facing me. Feeling playful I try to sneak up on him but fail miserably.

"Glad you can join me." He speaks while continues staring at the screen, I can practically feel the smirk on his face.

"How?" I pout taking a seat next to him.

Kaden smiles, "Magic." He expresses with his hands.

I roll my eyes playfully, "Sure, what are you doing?" I whisper since this is a library.

"Looking for photos of what werewolves are supposed to look like." He replies copying me in whispering.

As he scrolls through pictures of wolves one catches my eye, this one looks towards us will pure black fur, its eyes shine the brightest shade of green I almost find it captivating.

My fascination is short-lived as Kaden scroll past it, "Stop go back up to the all-black wolf." He does as I say and return to the picture, he turns to me a lazy smirk.

"You like this one?" He asks with the same eyes he had in the classroom like he knows something I don't.

The printer next to us starts up and in a matter of seconds, a copy of the wolf is in my hands.

I hand the paper to Kaden who looks at it with amusement, shaking my head I place the photo in a folder.

Our time in the library is spent mostly on the project, we goofed off a bit but the librarian was quick to threaten to kick us out. Kaden seemed to know a lot about werewolves, he told me wolves always travel in packs.

I ask about his sources and he explained he randomly read it from an article.

I've learned two things today, logic loses against your heart every time, and something is off about Kaden.

I wonder what it could be. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 585 22
I face the bedroom wall of the cabin, trying to avoid their eyes, "I can't let anyone know my secret now that I know that I know what it really means...
17.4K 1.6K 33
"There is so much at stake that I'm afraid to lose, I'm not sure I can handle it if I fail," I say, the emotions inside of me twisting and turning, r...
1.6M 60.3K 74
Just when the world is about to get hectic between rouges and packs, the goddess promises a saviour to rescue the innocent and punish the evil. They...
41.9K 798 37
Evie a 19 year old lone rouge she-wolf is content with her life. She moves from place to place teasing the packs, people and rouges. The last thing s...