Running with the Wolves

By skaikruwerewolf

Veronica Stilinski lives with her older brother Stiles and her Dad, the Sheriff, in Beacon Hills. She is star... More

chapter 1: this is how it all began...
chapter 2: the boy with the blue eyes
chapter 3: standing on his own two feet
chapter 4: lockers
chapter 5: movies and a burger
chapter 6: the dynamic duo
chapter 7: we have a situation
chapter 8: alpha beta omega
chapter 9: you don't have to worry
chapter 10: mission accomplished
chapter 11: it's all about power
chapter 12: the waves and the starry sky
chapter 13: you did that all on your own
chapter 14: kicking and screaming
stiles stilinski // part 1
chapter 15: the woods
chapter 16: the shadow
chapter 17: part of the pack
chapter 18: the warning of a banshee
chapter 19: the loft
liam dunbar // part 1
chapter 20: all night
chapter 21: broken
liam dunbar // part 2
chapter 22: trapped
veronica & stiles stilinski // part 1
chapter 23: unable to move
chapter 24: promise
chapter 25: screams
stiles stilinski //part 2
chapter 26: admit it
chapter 27: questions and answers
chapter 28: it's not your fault
chapter 29: lab partners
chapter 30: exhale
liam dunbar// part 3
chapter 31: a name to a face
chapter 32: strength in numbers
chapter 33: unconscious
chapter 34: targeted
chapter 35: the plan
chapter 36: we'll figure it out
chapter 37: this is why
chapter 38: driving lessons
chapter 39: painful lessons
chapter 40: because you trust everyone
chapter 41: half light
l. dunbar & v. stilinski // part 1
chapter 42: dance
chapter 43: betrayal
chapter 44: healing wounds
chapter 45: nothing is ever going to change that
chapter 46: tunnels
chapter 47: favors
chapter 48: paralyzed
chapter 49: in sync
chapter 50: crossfire
chapter 51: guilt
chapter 52: frequencies
chapter 53: despair
chapter 54: perigee-syzygy
chapter 55: I need you
chapter 56: i have all your passwords
chapter 57: don't leave out the drummer
chapter 58: i'll always be here for you
l. dunbar & v. stilinski // part 2
l. dunbar & v. stilinski // part 3
chapter 59: good news
chapter 60: even up the score
chapter 61: the borrowed book
chapter 62: the beast of beacon hills
chapter 63: apotheosis
chapter 64: welcome back
chapter 65: what do you wanna know?
chapter 66: we did it, brother
chapter 67: magic
chapter 68: picture perfect
chapter 69: holy ground
chapter 70: heartbeat
chapter 71: sunsets
chapter 72: coffee
chapter 73: wolfsbane
chapter 74: where do we start?
chapter 75: goodbyes
chapter 76: don't worry about me
chapter 77: i've been waiting for this
chapter 78: the echo of his scream
chapter 79: this is how it all ends...
chapter 80: unconditionally
chapter 81: till my heart stops
chapter 82: heartbreak
chapter 83: you can talk to me
chapter 84: i'm sorry
chapter 85: graduation
chapter 87: love always
chapter 88: the necklace
chapter 89: always
thank you!

chapter 86: brother let me be your shelter

824 25 25
By skaikruwerewolf

[ P L A Y S O N G ] 

1 YEAR LATER

stiles stilinski

stilinski household

Scott and I are officially done with our first year of college and we're back in Beacon Hills to spend the summer with our family.

Scott is out with Kira, and I'm meeting up with Malia later. My dad and Melissa are at work, so I'm home alone.

My dad hasn't been able to go through Veronica's things, and a year ago neither could I. Her room has been left untouched...until now.

I stand in the middle of it, looking around. The walls are lined with pictures of us all. I take a deep breath and let out a sigh. This is going to be harder than I thought.

I go around collecting pictures that are hung around her room, placing them in a box so I can give them to the rest of the pack later. I know they'd love to have them.

I find the picture dad took of us before we went to the dance. I also find the pictures she took when we went on our trip last year before everything changed.

I look in her closet, finding some of Liam's shirts and one of my sweaters. It's been a year but I swear they still smell like her.

I take a seat at her desk, and my eyes land on the seashell Josh gave her. It gives me comfort to know that Veronica is reunited with some of the people she's loved the most. Mom. Allison. Josh. And one day I'll be reunited with her too. We all will be.

I open her laptop, but the screen is completely black. I connect it to the charger and wait for it to start up. When it comes back on, the screen is on a video editing program. I see the thumbnails for the videos, and click on the one were Lydia and Allison are both holding up dresses.

The video begins to play. Veronica records as Allison and Lydia go through a rack of dresses. They're out shopping together.

"What do you think about this one?" Allison asks.

"I think it'd look great on you." my sister answers, and hearing her voice once more after so long makes me burst into tears.

"Lydia?" Allison asks.

"Hmm. Pass." she says, and I can hear Allison and Veronica laugh. "Here why don't you give me the camera, and go find something for yourself." she says, taking the camera from Veronica and focusing on her.

My sister looks so young. She was still in middle school. "Okay." she replies, interlocking arms with Allison and the two girls walk away towards another section with dresses.

God, I miss them so much.

The screen goes black as the video cuts off.

The next video automatically begins to play. It's the video my dad took on the last birthday I spent with Veronica. Tears silently roll down my face as I watch her spray with me with silly string. Scott, Melissa and my dad later joining in.

The screen goes black again once the video ends, and the next one automatically begins to play.

Veronica records as Liam and Mason make their way up a trail. Then they are up at the top, looking over the town as the sun sets. Mason and Liam wave to the camera right before the video ends.

I let the videos continue to play, as I can't bring myself to stop watching them. I can hear her voice again, see her again. See her smile and hear her laugh.

The next video that plays is from our trip before senior year ended. She's put clips together from all the videos she took from our time there.

"Stiles, wait for me!" she says as she catches up to us.

"Hurry up!" I yell back at her. "We're going to miss the show."

"You walk too fast." she counters.

"And you walk too slow. Here, get on my back." I tell her, and the feed becomes blurry as she jumps on my back.

"My hero." she says, kissing my cheek. "Thanks big bro."

"No problem, little sis." I tell her, and then it cuts to a clip of us at the beach later that day. The camera focuses on the girls as they sit on towels they have placed over the sand. They laugh at something Kira does, and it's nice to see them all together again. Even if it's a video from the past.

The video continues, and once it ends I decide that it's enough for today as I wipe the tears from my face. But the next video plays before I can stop it. It's Veronica, sitting at her desk.

"Hey Stiles, Scott." she says with a little wave. "I wasn't sure what to get you guys for graduation, sooo I decided to make this video. I'll still get you guys a present, don't worry." she says with a laugh. "But I wanted to give you guys something that maybe reminded you of home, so you could take a little piece of me with you wherever you go." She takes a deep breath and continues. "Ok, so I'm going to do this before I change my mind. Um, I heard this song on the radio earlier today, and it reminded me of you two. I've grown up with you guys, and I've seen your friendship develop into something more than that. You guys aren't just friends, or best friends...you guys are and always will be brothers. My brothers. Don't ever forget that. Things are changing, you guys are graduating but never forget to lean on each other. Always be each others shelter. And I promise to always be yours. So I dedicate this song to you." she says.

She begins to sing. She has one of the most beautiful voices, and it always leaves me in awe.

I listen closely to the words as tears stream down my face, but there's a part of the song that completely breaks me down.

"And when you call and need me near, saying where'd you go? Brother, I'm right here." she sings, placing her hand over her heart.

"And on those days when the sky begins to fall, you're the blood of my blood. We can get through it all." she continues.

She reaches the end of the song, and takes a deep breath after she finishes singing. "This is kinda cheesy isn't it? And a little awkward." she sighs and then laughs. "Anyways, I hope you guys liked it and I'll be seeing you guys soon. Congrats grads! Love you guys, bye!" she says with a smile on her face.

The screen goes black once more, but no video plays afterwards. It's the last video she recorded. I can see my reflection on the black screen as I sob.

It's exactly what I needed to hear from her. She found a way back to me, like she said she would.

I have to call Scott and tell him, but I scan the room for tissues first. I don't see any so I open one of the drawers of her desk hoping to find some. Instead, I find two envelopes. One is titled to Stiles and the other reads to Liam.

I close the laptop, and open the envelope addressed to me.

Dear Mieczyslaw, she writes but crosses out my name and then writes Stiles.

If you're reading this, then that means something has happened to me. And if nothing has happened to me and you found this, then stop going through my stuff. Thanks. she writes, and it makes me laugh lightly. It's the early hours of the morning as I write this letter. Kate has you and dad held hostages somewhere and I can't sleep. And it got me thinking that if something happened, to any of us, I'd hate not being able to say goodbye. So I'm writing this letter, so that if I can't say goodbye to you in person I can do it through this letter. One of the earliest memories I have of us is when dad would take us to the playground, the playground where you met Scott in the sandbox. I remember you introducing yourself to him as 'mischief', which is what mom called you, and what we called you until you decided you wanted to be called Stiles. Those are some of my favorite memories, the memories I hold onto when I feel like I'm in the middle of chaos, like right now. You are the best brother, I could have ever asked for. You've always been there for me, you've always protected me and looked out for me. And I've done the same for you, and will always do so. Whatever happened, know that it was my choice and you can't blame yourself. Nobody can blame themselves.

I don't want to say goodbye. I want to continue on this crazy journey called life with you, Scott, dad and Melissa. But since you're reading this, I guess I have to say goodbye. And I'm sorry I have to. I'm sorry I'm not going to be here for whatever happens next.

But maybe I don't have to say goodbye because I'll always be with you, being your guardian angel. Hold the memories we've created over the years near your heart, and that way I'll always be with you. This isn't the end, we'll be together again one day. It's all going to be okay.

Cherish every moment you have with them. With Scott, Malia, Kira, Lydia, Liam, Mason, Corey, Dad, Melissa. Let them all know how much I love them, and always will.

Make sure Scott and Melissa know that they've always been family to me.

Make sure dad knows how thankful I am for everything he's done for me. For us all.

Make sure the girls know that they were my inspiration for strength and so much more.

And know Stiles, that I'll always be by your side. No matter where I am.

Love always,

Veronica.

It was hard to read the last sentences of the letter, as my tears blurred my vision.

I can't believe I'm barely reading this. She left this for me, for us. I let myself cry, I let myself feel the rush of emotions that all of this has caused me before calling Scott, my dad and Melissa. They need to see and hear what my sister left for us.

-----------------------

After watching the video and reading the letter to them, we sit in the living room in tears. We are all feeling a mix of emotions, but I know all of us feel one exact same thing.

Comfort. From Veronica herself.

Her words have healed our broken hearts more than time ever could, with her reassurance that she'll always be with us.

After Scott and I hug it all out, I pick up the phone.

"Stiles?" the boy answers.

"Yeah, hey Liam."

"Hey, I've been trying to call you. I heard you were back. I wanted to see you and Scott."

"Yeah, I just got back two nights ago." I tell him. "Umm, listen I found something for you."

"What?" he asks, and I hear the curiosity in his voice.

"I uh, I was going through Veronica's things. She left a letter for me...and one for you."

"I'm on my way." he says quickly before hanging up.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

//////////////////////////////////

Hey guys! the song Brother will always remind me of Sciles, and I thought it'd be nice to have Veronica sing it and dedicate it to them.

And this song, inspired me when writing the letter Veronica left for Stiles:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289 14 13
Amaya Blair only wanted two things, to get through her junior year of high school and to stay away from the supernatural. And despite knowing about w...
7K 217 41
Casey Argent and her family have moved in to a town called Beacon Hills, and many things begin to change. The secret of her family has begun to come...
12.7K 234 16
3 years after the finale the pack are living somewhat normal lives, Scott is working as a vet at the Animal Clinic, Stiles is now the sheriff after t...
646K 14.1K 55
Alex is the sister of the funny and sometimes annoying, Stiles Stilinski. Which also means that she's the daughter of the Sheriff of Beacon Hills. S...