Running with the Wolves

By skaikruwerewolf

Veronica Stilinski lives with her older brother Stiles and her Dad, the Sheriff, in Beacon Hills. She is star... More

chapter 1: this is how it all began...
chapter 2: the boy with the blue eyes
chapter 3: standing on his own two feet
chapter 4: lockers
chapter 5: movies and a burger
chapter 6: the dynamic duo
chapter 7: we have a situation
chapter 8: alpha beta omega
chapter 9: you don't have to worry
chapter 10: mission accomplished
chapter 11: it's all about power
chapter 12: the waves and the starry sky
chapter 13: you did that all on your own
chapter 14: kicking and screaming
stiles stilinski // part 1
chapter 15: the woods
chapter 16: the shadow
chapter 17: part of the pack
chapter 18: the warning of a banshee
chapter 19: the loft
liam dunbar // part 1
chapter 20: all night
chapter 21: broken
liam dunbar // part 2
chapter 22: trapped
veronica & stiles stilinski // part 1
chapter 23: unable to move
chapter 24: promise
chapter 25: screams
stiles stilinski //part 2
chapter 26: admit it
chapter 27: questions and answers
chapter 28: it's not your fault
chapter 29: lab partners
chapter 30: exhale
liam dunbar// part 3
chapter 31: a name to a face
chapter 32: strength in numbers
chapter 33: unconscious
chapter 34: targeted
chapter 35: the plan
chapter 36: we'll figure it out
chapter 37: this is why
chapter 38: driving lessons
chapter 39: painful lessons
chapter 40: because you trust everyone
chapter 41: half light
l. dunbar & v. stilinski // part 1
chapter 42: dance
chapter 43: betrayal
chapter 44: healing wounds
chapter 45: nothing is ever going to change that
chapter 46: tunnels
chapter 47: favors
chapter 48: paralyzed
chapter 49: in sync
chapter 50: crossfire
chapter 51: guilt
chapter 52: frequencies
chapter 53: despair
chapter 54: perigee-syzygy
chapter 55: I need you
chapter 56: i have all your passwords
chapter 57: don't leave out the drummer
chapter 58: i'll always be here for you
l. dunbar & v. stilinski // part 2
l. dunbar & v. stilinski // part 3
chapter 59: good news
chapter 60: even up the score
chapter 61: the borrowed book
chapter 62: the beast of beacon hills
chapter 63: apotheosis
chapter 64: welcome back
chapter 65: what do you wanna know?
chapter 66: we did it, brother
chapter 67: magic
chapter 68: picture perfect
chapter 69: holy ground
chapter 70: heartbeat
chapter 71: sunsets
chapter 72: coffee
chapter 73: wolfsbane
chapter 74: where do we start?
chapter 75: goodbyes
chapter 76: don't worry about me
chapter 77: i've been waiting for this
chapter 79: this is how it all ends...
chapter 80: unconditionally
chapter 81: till my heart stops
chapter 82: heartbreak
chapter 83: you can talk to me
chapter 84: i'm sorry
chapter 85: graduation
chapter 86: brother let me be your shelter
chapter 87: love always
chapter 88: the necklace
chapter 89: always
thank you!

chapter 78: the echo of his scream

774 23 33
By skaikruwerewolf

Kate begins to walk towards my brother. If she's unaware of my presence or if she's pretending to be, I'm not sure. "Oh, turn that frown upside down Stiles. It's going to be a fun night."

"Maybe for you." my brother responds, "I'm thinking for me, maybe not so much."

Kate laughs. "Oh, I don't know. Getting your throat slashed doesn't sound fun to you?" she asks, as she crouches down in front of him.

"You really think you can beat Scott? You think you're going to win at this little game of yours? You won't." Stiles tells her.

Kate draws her claws, bringing her hand up to slash my brother's throat. Stiles closes his eyes, preparing himself.

"No, wait!" I yell, coming out from behind the pillar. "Don't do this, please."

Kate stands up and turns to face me. "I knew that'd get you to come out from your little hiding place." she says, walking towards me.

"Just let him go. I did what you asked."

She shakes her head. "No. I don't think so. I'm not done, not yet."

"Well we're done, Kate." I tell her as she stands in front of me. "We've had enough of this." I say, swinging the metal pipe into the side of her head and throwing her off balance. I completely caught her off guard. Maybe she thought I was the same girl that was kidnapped by Aria, but I'm not.

"Veronica, run!" Stiles yells, but I'm not going anywhere. Not without my brother.

I tackle Kate onto the floor, using my knees to pin her arms at her side. I reach back into my pocket, taking out the syringe. Her eyes widen, knowing exactly what it contains.

I'm about to bring it down into her neck, when her arms break free and she puts them up to block me from doing so. She punches me once, twice...and I fall backwards. The syringe rolling away from me.

I stand up and she stands up too. She's charging towards me, so I bring my hands up. I concentrate on making her feel pain, making it unbearable. She takes a couple of steps towards me before falling to the ground on her hands and knees, gasping for air.

I make her feel more pain, so much she screams out. I've transferred pain before, but I've never done anything like this and I can feel it making me weak. I won't stop though, I need to continue, I need to make her feel so much pain she becomes unconscious so I can get the key off of her and get Stiles the hell out of here.

That's when I hear gunshots, and roars. Chris. Derek. They're here now.

Kate screams out in pain again, in between her gasps for air. My ears begin to ring, and I can feel blood dripping down my chin as my nose has begun to bleed.

I'm making Kate weak, making her feel so much pain it's about to render her unconscious but it's doing the same to me.

I take in a deep breath of air when my vision begins to blur. I can feel my legs giving out underneath me, but I do my best to stay on my feet.

Stiles notices. "Veronica, go now!" he says, but his voice seems so far away.

I can't continue. If I do, I'll black out soon enough and won't be able to help my brother. I bring my hands down, falling to the ground. Just as Kate does, I gasp for air. I blink rapidly trying to get my eyes to focus, but everything still seems blurry.

"Veronica, the syringe!" Stiles yes.

I get on my feet, and weakly stumble over to it. Everything is still coming into focus, but I can see where it lies on the ground. I fall to my knees and I reach over to it, my fingers curling around it.

But as my fingers curled around the syringe, Kate's fingers curled around the long and narrow pipe I had used earlier to try and pry the lock open, the pipe I used when fighting her.

She takes it in her hand, and throws it with incredible force in my direction as I stand up. It pierces through the air and then right through me. I look down and see the pipe sticking out from my torso.

"No!" I hear Stiles yell as he struggles to escape the hold the chains have on him but it's no use. He screams so loudly, I feel like I can hear the echo of his scream go on for a few seconds.

I gasp for air and the pain quickly rushes to every part of my body, becoming unbearable almost immediately. My vision blurs once again, but I can still see as Kate makes her way towards me. I hide my hand that holds the syringe behind my back, doing my best to stay on my feet. I know I have to do this to save my brother and I can't give up now.

"It wasn't you that I wanted to kill." Kate says, now standing in front of me. "At least not yet. You see, the plan was to have Scott here so he could watch everyone he loves die. Just like I had to watch my family fall apart."

I don't know how I manage to stay on my feet when she grabs onto the pipe and twists it slightly before quickly removing it from my body.

It's the love that I have for my brother that gives me the strength to do what I do next. I don't think about the excruciating pain that threatens to render me unconscious. Instead, I bring my hand out from behind my back and plunge the syringe into her neck. The wolfsbane rapidly spreads through her.

Kate lets the bloody pipe fall to the ground, as she stumbles backwards and towards the door. The wolfsbane quickly doing it's job as she falls to the floor and begins to drag herself.

I fall to the ground on my hands and knees, and then take my hand and place it over the source of my pain. When I look at it, it's covered in blood.

I look up at Stiles, tears streaming down his face as he screams. "No, Veronica!"

Derek barges into the room, instantly grabbing Kate and slamming her into the wall right before punching her and letting her fall to the ground unconscious. He turns to my screaming brother, and then follows his gaze. Derek's eyes widen as he takes in the sight of me on the floor, bloody and pale.

Malia rushes in after Derek, running into him. She's about to run over to my brother when she see's me. She brings her hand up to her mouth in shock.

When Scott comes into the room after Derek and Malia, all he sees is Stiles. His best friend, his brother. He rushes over to him. "It's okay, Stiles I'm here!" Scott says to him, as Stiles screams out for me. Scott quickly breaks the chains that held my brother captive all this time as I gather the last bit of strength I have and make my way over to him.

I take a few steps towards him, my hand pressed against my bleeding wound, as he runs towards me. I collapse into my brothers arms, no longer being able to stay on my feet.

I need my brother to be my strength.

Stiles sits on the floor, with me in his arms. He moves my hair away from my face, but even with it out of the way my vision is still blurred and the edges around it turn black. I can't talk, I can't seem to say anything because I'm in too much pain.

Scott kneels by our side. "Veronica." he says quietly, in shock.

I turn to him and meet his eyes. Derek and Malia now stand behind him. Scott quickly reaches for my hand and begins to take my pain. I don't want him to, I don't want Scott to feel any pain because of me but I don't have the strength or the ability to stop him. He takes and takes and takes the unbearable amount of my pain. He takes so much it almost completely fades.

I begin to breathe easier and see clearer.

I hear Stiles sobbing as he holds me close to him, and the two boys look at each other. Panic in both of their eyes.

Scott turns to Derek. "What if...what if I give her the bite?"

Derek looks down at Scott with sad eyes. "Scott, she's too weak. She won't take it. The bite won't save her, it'll kill her."

Scott turns back to me. "No, no, no." he says, desperation in his voice. He wants to do something, but there's nothing left for him to do. There's nothing any one can do now.

I grab Scott's arm as tightly as I can. I see the tears in his eyes and he sees the tears in mine. "Hey, Scott it's okay."

"No, Veronica-"

"Scott, listen. Thank you." I tell him and he breaks out into a sob, not wanting to say goodbye. "Thank you for being my brother. I love you, okay?"

"I love you, too." he says through his tears. He takes my hand in his and kisses it. I smile at him through my tears.

I look up at Derek and Malia, smiling at them as well. The two stand in shock. Malia has tears streaming down her face and Derek looks on in disbelief.

I give Scott's hand one last gentle squeeze before letting go and turning to my brother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288 1 13
Charlie McCall is a young girl living in the seemingly boring town of Beacon Hills. Follow her journey throughout high school alongside her twin brot...
62.9K 1.9K 15
Isabella Kaiser's parents are dead. Killed right before her eyes. - When she moves to Beacon Hills to live with her aunt, she thinks she's okay. Bu...
66.3K 1.3K 59
All Haley wanted was a normal life but being the daughter of two very powerful alphas and her boyfriend being a werewolf hunter complicated things. A...
41.3K 579 54
Kasia Stilinski is no stranger to the supernatural, but being around a werewolf, a Banshee, werewolf hunters, and other such residents of Beacon Hill...