Running with the Wolves

By skaikruwerewolf

Veronica Stilinski lives with her older brother Stiles and her Dad, the Sheriff, in Beacon Hills. She is star... More

chapter 1: this is how it all began...
chapter 2: the boy with the blue eyes
chapter 3: standing on his own two feet
chapter 4: lockers
chapter 5: movies and a burger
chapter 6: the dynamic duo
chapter 7: we have a situation
chapter 8: alpha beta omega
chapter 9: you don't have to worry
chapter 10: mission accomplished
chapter 11: it's all about power
chapter 12: the waves and the starry sky
chapter 13: you did that all on your own
chapter 14: kicking and screaming
stiles stilinski // part 1
chapter 15: the woods
chapter 16: the shadow
chapter 17: part of the pack
chapter 18: the warning of a banshee
chapter 19: the loft
liam dunbar // part 1
chapter 20: all night
chapter 21: broken
liam dunbar // part 2
chapter 22: trapped
veronica & stiles stilinski // part 1
chapter 23: unable to move
chapter 24: promise
chapter 25: screams
stiles stilinski //part 2
chapter 26: admit it
chapter 27: questions and answers
chapter 28: it's not your fault
chapter 29: lab partners
chapter 30: exhale
liam dunbar// part 3
chapter 31: a name to a face
chapter 32: strength in numbers
chapter 33: unconscious
chapter 34: targeted
chapter 35: the plan
chapter 36: we'll figure it out
chapter 37: this is why
chapter 38: driving lessons
chapter 39: painful lessons
chapter 40: because you trust everyone
chapter 41: half light
l. dunbar & v. stilinski // part 1
chapter 42: dance
chapter 43: betrayal
chapter 44: healing wounds
chapter 45: nothing is ever going to change that
chapter 46: tunnels
chapter 47: favors
chapter 48: paralyzed
chapter 49: in sync
chapter 50: crossfire
chapter 51: guilt
chapter 52: frequencies
chapter 53: despair
chapter 54: perigee-syzygy
chapter 55: I need you
chapter 56: i have all your passwords
chapter 57: don't leave out the drummer
chapter 58: i'll always be here for you
l. dunbar & v. stilinski // part 2
l. dunbar & v. stilinski // part 3
chapter 59: good news
chapter 60: even up the score
chapter 61: the borrowed book
chapter 62: the beast of beacon hills
chapter 63: apotheosis
chapter 64: welcome back
chapter 65: what do you wanna know?
chapter 66: we did it, brother
chapter 67: magic
chapter 68: picture perfect
chapter 69: holy ground
chapter 70: heartbeat
chapter 71: sunsets
chapter 72: coffee
chapter 73: wolfsbane
chapter 74: where do we start?
chapter 75: goodbyes
chapter 77: i've been waiting for this
chapter 78: the echo of his scream
chapter 79: this is how it all ends...
chapter 80: unconditionally
chapter 81: till my heart stops
chapter 82: heartbreak
chapter 83: you can talk to me
chapter 84: i'm sorry
chapter 85: graduation
chapter 86: brother let me be your shelter
chapter 87: love always
chapter 88: the necklace
chapter 89: always
thank you!

chapter 76: don't worry about me

488 18 9
By skaikruwerewolf

I sit on the couch in between Liam and Mason, who rubs my back. I hold on to Liam's hand tightly. "Scott, this is crazy. You can't go alone."

"She's right." Liam adds. "Let me go with you."

"No." Scott answers. "You need to go and get Stilinski. She made it very clear she's not letting him go easily."

"It's going to be the same thing with Stiles. You can't go alone. He'd tell you the same thing." I say. He shakes his head, but knows there's truth behind my words. "She has an army of Berserkers with her. And who knows if those masked men with guns will be there. We have to go with you."

"Then who is going to rescue your dad?" Scott asks me.

----------------------

Parrish arrives at my house shortly after I call him and tell him about Kate's phone call. We tell him about everything in more detail, and we plan and strategize as quickly as we can. Time is running out.

We called Derek too. He is going to meet us where Kate is keeping my brother, while Braeden, Becca and Celeste will go with Parrish to rescue my dad.

We're going to end this feud with Kate, once and for all.

"We're going with them." Mason says, standing next to Corey.

"What are you talking about?" Liam and I both ask.

"I want to help. We want to help." Mason continues, gesturing between Corey and himself. "I'm going to help get your dad back to you, okay?"

Liam and I exchange glances, not wanting any more of the people we love in danger.

"If anything happens, I can get your dad out without being noticed." Corey says, trying to help me feel more at ease. "They'll need me."

"We need to get going." Parrish says.

"Corey." I say, reaching out for his hand.

"It's going to be fine. We're going to bring your dad back." he reassures me, giving me a hug before heading towards the door where he waits for Mason.

Mason holds my hand as we look into each others eyes. "We're going to them back. Your dad. Stiles." he says and I nod, a tear spilling from my eye and he wipes it away. I don't want him to go, I want him to stay. I want him to be safe. If anything happened to Mason, I'd go crazy. "Don't worry about me. In a few hours we'll all be back together. I'm gonna meet you right here when this is all over, okay?"

"Okay. I'll meet you right here." I repeat to him and pull him into a hug, thanking him for doing this. I hold on to him tightly, not wanting to let go.

"We really have to go." Parrish says, and Mason and I pull apart. He says goodbye to Liam and then walks over to Corey.

"Thank you. All of you." I tell them and they nod. "Be careful."

"We'll meet you back here." Mason says as they walk out.

I smile at him and he smiles back at me before closing the door behind him.

"We need to get going, too." Malia says.

"Yeah, I just need to get something from my room. Be right back." I say and rush upstairs before anyone can ask me anything.

In my room I quickly grab my backpack and search for the syringe Chris gave me. It fits in my pocket, the wolfsbane it carries enough to probably kill Kate.

I'll do whatever I have to do in order to get my brother back, even if it means I have to kill Kate myself.

--------------------

From the car we call Chris, telling him everything that's happened. Lydia explains everything and gives him the location where Kate and my brother are. When they hang up, he's already on his way to where they are.

It's dark out now. The moon shines above us, illuminating the road Scott drives on. It's a bit of a drive out to where she is, as she chose to hide in the outskirts of town in a place that almost only consists of abandoned buildings.

Melissa is at the hospital right now, I talked to her on the phone before heading out. She's extremely worried and I did my best to try and calm her down.

The car ride is silent. And if I were a werewolf I'm sure I could smell the anxiety and desperation from all of us.

Malia sits in the back with Liam and I. Her hands are trembling and I place a hand over hers. Just like the rest of us, she's lost a lot of people in her life and losing Stiles would be unbearable. He is the love of her life, and she is his. I know she'll do anything and everything to protect him. She squeezes my hand in return and I admire how strong she is. Both physically, and mentally.

Everything changed so quickly. In a matter of hours.

I turn to Liam who stares out the window with furrowed eyebrows. I lean my head against his shoulder and he interlocks our arms and then our fingers. He leans on me, and we stay like that for the remainder of the drive.

------------------

We drive until we can't anymore. The road ends, forcing us to walk the rest of the way.

We haven't walked for long when my phone rings. I stop walking and stand in place when I see the caller I.D., and everyone does the same.

"Dad?" I pick up, scared to not hear him on the other end.

"Hey kiddo, yeah it's me." he says and I almost burst into tears at the sound of his voice.

"Oh thank God. Are you okay?!"

"Yeah, I'm okay. We're all okay."

I turn to the pack. "They're all okay." I tell him and they collectively let out a sigh of relief. Lydia, Kira and Malia put their arms around each other. Scott and Liam wrap their arms around me too, squeezing me between them.

"Where are you guys?" my dad asks.

"On our way to meet Kate. We're going to get Stiles back, dad."

He sighs. "Please be careful, we are on our way right now."

"It's going to be okay dad. We'll see you here soon. Stiles and I will see you soon. I love you." I tell my dad, trying to ease his nerves. I can hear the fear in his voice.

"Love you too Veronica. I'll see you all soon." he says and we hang up.

I put my phone away and look up at Scott. "Okay, now we get Stiles."

----------------------

We continue to make our way towards Kate. To my brother, Stiles.

Scott and Liam lead the way, Malia and I walking behind them while Kira and Lydia follow us. We reach an area that has clearly been abandoned for some time. There are a few buildings, but there is only one with the doors to the entrance that have been ripped off their hinges.

That's where they are.

Scott and Liam stop and we catch up to them. We all stand together, looking up at the building that's three stories high, wooden boards covering the windows. We turn to our Alpha, looking for reassurance. He nods and we slowly begin to approach the building.

We carefully step inside, Scott taking the lead.

"Anything?" Kira asks.

"No." Scott says, clearly surprised.

We continue to walk inside, as quietly as we can. It's a giant, unfurnished room. The lobby of a business the not longer resides here.

"Are we supposed to wait for her to come meet us down here, or something?" Liam asks.

"No." Lydia responds. "She wants us to go to her."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Malia asks. "We need to find Stiles."

"She's right. We need to hurry." Scott agrees, nodding towards the stairs.

As we follow him down the hall that takes us to the stairwell, I hear something behind me.

Footsteps. Heavy footsteps.

Someone, or something, is following us.

I slowly turn to find two Berserkers right behind us.

"Um, guys we have a problem." I say, and everyone turns to see the Berserkers standing not too far from us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 94 30
Months later after the Kanima and her mother's death, Casey is back in Beacon Hills to start off her freshman year at Beacon Hills high school. But t...
59 5 7
Rutledge Byrnes - better known as Ruth - has lived in Beacon Hills her entire life, having met Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski when they were littl...
4.3K 118 18
Beacon Hills is a town of mystery. I lived in Beacon Hills for as long as I remember, and lots of very strange things happen. Like the lizard-man or...
63.3K 2K 15
Isabella Kaiser's parents are dead. Killed right before her eyes. - When she moves to Beacon Hills to live with her aunt, she thinks she's okay. Bu...