Invisible (S.M.) ✔

By -shininglynx

Venus uses her hidden abilities at home, where she is protected in soulitude by her father and brother. Shawn... More

O N E
T W O
Characters
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
Just a Note
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
Music
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E
T H I R T Y TWO
T H I R T Y T H R E E
Note
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R T Y F I VE
T H I R T Y S I X

T W E L V E

316 9 1
By -shininglynx

Shawn (Finally what was taking me so long?!):

I woke up and took over the watch shift from Venus who was already sleeping in my arms. I thought of all the many ways we could've died but I trust her and her wolf things, I don't think my eagle senses are as keen as hers. Ever since I could remember my parents would tell me to never use my powers, I could hurt people with them was what they told me. Then when I started to use them out of rebellion they explained to me that I could be killed because of them, that's when I really stopped. But I always remembered the girl in the clearing. She showed me her powers and taught me that I could use my powers in secret. I would help in my father armory and when he wasn't looking would start the fire with my hands instead of the lighter. When Mom couldn't find something I would use my eyesight to find it. I would show Aaliyah my powers in secret and we would mess around with them carelessly. When I was reaped I told them I would try to come back, but if I didn't not to be disappointed. When I first saw Venus in the market place, our eyes locked and I immediately recognized them as the same eyes from the girl who grew flowers in the clearing. I was surprised when I saw the Keepers running after her. I felt like I was destined to be by her side when she volunteered for her brother. But when I figured out this 'Promise' to my sister was to bring me back home, I felt stabbed. I told Aaliyah that I most likely wouldn't make it back and not to worry or cry, and she promised me that. Venus didn't look clueless to what she was doing or saying, so I guess she knew what she was getting herself into. She also seemed determined to bring me back home. Instead of leaving me alone like I asked, she came looking for me. When we were caught instead of letting us die, she used her powers to save us even if it meant if she left she would be killed by the council. The least I could do was use my own, show her I didn't need to be protected all the time. My back was to her as I cooked some fish I caught in the stream. The red light in my wrist began to flash and I looked down as the projection appeared.

"Hello players!" said Harriet the lead council member

"This years game is going to have a well.. Twist as you can say. Due to the Specials in the games, it wouldn't be fair because of there abilities so were here to even out the playing field. This years games shall be the war games! Airstrikes will be sent out, war care packages sent out with max weapons and more! Careful specials, the field is now even!" she said with a huge grin

I took in a deep breath and heard Venus cuss behind me. I turned around to see her staring at her wrist.

"Its gonna be fine Venus, We'll make it out." I said reassuringly

"I'm not worried about that" she said back, her body extremely still

I furrowed my eyebrows and suddenly realized what was going on. Two venomous snakes came out of the brush, they seemed to be targeting Venus only. She bit her lip as one went around her neck and down her arm and the other in-between her legs.

"Shawn" she said nervously

"Sshh! Hold on just stay still" I said creeping forward slowly

I positioned my hand, knowing that Venus enjoys fire she wouldn't mind me throwing some at her right? She knew what I was going to do so she squeezed her eyes shut. I sent one at one snake and another at the other. They hissed and lunged at me, there was a sudden bang and they both withered up dead. I looked up and saw Venus holding up some type of modified gun. I looked in the bag beside her and saw a sniper inside.

"Did you already get a care package?" I asked with a smirk

"No, I b-built that" she said, her skin turning pale

She suddenly collapsed and I ran forward, cradling her in my arms. I grabbed her wrist and saw why she cussed. The snake had bitten her and then they surrounded her. I grabbed a knife and cut a part of a blanket. I wrapped the blanket tight at the top of her arm and I cut where the two holes where and blood came out, and so did the venom. I started hearing a dinging sound and looked up to see a small box with a parachute came floating down. It landed near by and I picked it up. When I opened d it there was a pill and a note.

*Give this to her, love the romance!* I rolled my eyes and grabbed the pill and some water and gave them to Venus

Almost immediately she shot up and started coughing.

"I was so close to dying" was all she said as I gave out a breath a relief

I laughed and tried to pull myself together from almost loosing Venus. She patted my head and I stared after her as she grabbed a knife and opened up the snakes. I was about to tell her to stop when she pulled out a vial from there heads. She put them down as I watched her pull out a whole mechanical system from them.

"So I was about to be murdered huh? Not if I can help it" she said, grabbing the parts and taking out the several tools in her bag

I wondered what she was going to do with them, I mean she built a sniper something that would take me a month to do. All I did was get up and take the fish off the fire before I heard "Done". I turned around and my eyes widened when I saw a squirrel and a rabbit In her hands. She did something to there necks and they began to move, causing me to jump. The rabbit hopped away and the squirrel went up a tree.

"Robotics to the max" she said standing up and taking a fish

"I can tell. Eat up, we've stayed here to long" I said taking a bite out of my fish

She nodded an after we ate we packed up and started our walk into the forest. As we walked I tripped and she laughed.

"What did you trip over? Your feet?" she asked helping me up with a laugh

"One, Just because I have a slight lazy eye doesn't mean I cant see right, Two, I did not trip over myself" I explained looking around me

I bent down and saw something metal sticking out of the ground. She bent down beside me and motioned her hands to the side causing all the plants to form a wall around us leaving the floor bare. I smiled at her and she raised an eyebrow, a smirk plastered on her face. We began to dig around the metal part. Venus seemed to enjoy the digging as she went faster and faster. When we had dug enough around it she pulled out the metal piece. She handed it to me and I dusted it off. Our eyes widened when we saw what it was. The number 13 was plastered on it in big yellow paint. Venus stood up and looked around, we both saw other multiple pieces of metal sticking out. We unburied those to and put them together.

*District Thirteen The obedient district* The word obedient was crossed out and in red it was replaced with Rebellious.

"Venus..." I said looking down at the metal pieces

"Were fighting on the ruins of District Thirteen" I finished as she stood up slowly

District Thirteen was bombed ages ago after a rebellious outburst. It was full of specials, and when they were going to be prosecuted they protested and everybody sided with them. But it was bombed and the council threatened to do the same to the others if they didn't listen. No one fought back when family's were ripped apart because of there ability's. The fact that we were fighting on there ruins meant that this game wasn't just because of entertainment and power... They knew we were coming, and according to them specials disserve a horrible death.

"Shawn duck!" Venus yelled causing me to drop to the ground

An arrow whizzed by and Venus dodged it. We looked in the direction where it came from and Venus yelped.

"You killed my sister, I kill you!" Burn yelled reloading her cross bow

"Run?" Venus asked

"Yep" I said back grabbing her hand

We ran keeping our heads low. Venus made plants grow behind us to try and slow burn down. We heard a shot and we stopped and turned around. Burn was lying on the floor and the boy Nico from District 7 was standing there with a gun.

"Come over here, follow me" he said motioning us over

The kid was fourteen and he just killed a warrior like it was nothing... Wtf? Venus stepped forward and before I could stop her the boy took her hand started to run. I ran after them, Venus moving the plants out of the way so we could pass. There was a cave and they ran in as I slowed down on the outside. What was this kid thinking? I walked in and found Venus and the boy next to a dead girl.

"No! Anne! They must've ambushed her when I was gone.." he said taking the dead girls hand in his.

"Its okay kid. Thanks for saving us earlier" Venus said rubbing his back

"No problem. I wouldn't have minded killing Burn, she killed my friend Austin from District 3 right in front of me." He said with a sigh

"Here lets get Anne out of here" I said cautiously picking up her body

We all went outside and set her down in a hole Venus dug.

'Do you always dig like that?" Nico asked Venus as we walked back into the cave

"Well yeah, I really cant help it" she said with a shrug

We became allies with Nico and he shared a map of the woods and everything that he had snuck in. We knew exactly where we were and charted where we had begun, Venus put down a huge tree she had slept in on the first night and I put down a cave near the river I had slept in. After we set up look out post and Venus said she was in the mood to hunt. Nico gasped when Venus went invisible and she disappeared somewhere into the woods. Nico and I talked about our lives before we were reaped. We both had pretty normal lives, and sadly only one of us would get out alive. I sighed at the thought of loosing the girl I fell in love with. Venus was unique, I wouldn't be able to find a girl like anywhere... Unless I died, then I could just meet her in heaven but you know what I mean. When Venus came back she had a dear slung over her shoulder.

"Hungry anyone?" she said with a smile

Nico and I's jaw dropped. She hadn't gone out there with any weapons, only her instincts which was kinda creepy. She skinned the dear and we had a wonderful meal, cooked by Venus with plants she grew.

"Guys where running low on supplies" I said after counting what we had left

"And this is going no where, only two people have died today" Nico said, taking a bite out of his meal

"He's right.. I have an Idea but it will most likely get us killed" Venus said, leaning against the cave wall

We stared at her and then at each other, this was going to be fun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

548K 12.8K 25
He would never love her. Want her. Or need her. Althea Williams definition of 'normal' is a lot different to others. To her, normal is being bullied...
175K 2K 21
WARNING: Have not edited! **A.K.A. Boarding School is Always Fun** Coming home from boarding school is something every person would love. Everyone e...
21.8K 511 44
Venus is a emotional bitch! Ha jk.. Venus is..or er was bestfriends with Lucas and Marcus.. That was untill well..Lucas..did..and..Marcus started...
128K 6.7K 47
High school junior Danny has suffered isolation for most of his life, never experiencing the comfort of truly loving someone and instead being consta...