My One True Love, Trunks Brie...

By Shinedownlover560

Rosamoona Hokusai is as normal as a Half-Human, Half-Saiyan child could be. She and her parents (Goku and Chi... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Tournament Contestants
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Name Change?

Chapter Thirty-Five

983 32 2
By Shinedownlover560

The rest of our time in space passed smoothly.

We collected the rest of the Dragon Balls with ease, only encountering a few other problems. One included me having to dress up as a bride to an giant catfish. Trunks wasn’t too happy about that one.

Earth still had three months left on it when we returned to the Look Out.

“Where do we put them at?” Trunks asked as he and I landed on the platform. We had left the others in the ship, which Trunks had put on Auto pilot to hover next to where we were at. This was something we had to do ourselves.

“In here,” I replied, walking back into a large room. Dead center sat an empty pedestal. A dark blue pillow sat on top, seven indentations in it.

Trunks handed me Gaea’s backpack, which had all the Dragon Balls in it. One by one, I pulled them out, setting them down gently in their respectable spots. Finally, all seven sat before us.

“What now-” Trunks was cut off by as the balls started to glow. They grew brighter and brighter, eventually making us have to cover our eyes. As the light washed over us, I could feel it.

It was a warm feeling - like in the summertime when you’re sitting at the pool, or just out in the sun in general, and the sun is beating down on you. The warm feeling filled me completely. My body tingled slightly, reminding me of when you’d touch the end of a plug you were pulling out or plugging in.

The warm feeling pushed passed me, like an energy wave. Even though I didn’t see it, I could tell it was spread across the Earth, repairing it. Faults in the ground from earthquakes closed up, winds returned to normal (though they weren’t that bad when Trunks and I stepped off the ship), the ocean calmed. Everything returned to normal.

The light subsided and the warm feeling passed, but my body still tingled slightly. Slowly, I lowered my arm, looking at the Dragon Balls. They rested placidly in front of me.

“We did it...” Trunks breathed. For a moment, I had forgotten he was here.

A smiled worked it’s way onto my face. It spread until it was an ear-to-ear grin.

“We did it!” Trunks repeated, cheering this time. I jumped into the air, doing some flips and laughing. Suddenly, Trunks grabbed my arms and pulled me into him. My lips met his in a passionate kiss. When he pulled away, light was shining brightly in his deep blue eyes.

“I love you Monkey Boy,” I said, moving some hair out of his face. Trunks mirrored the grin that was still on my face.

“I love you too, Pigeon. How about we go get the others so we can finally end all of this?”

I pulled out the hug and took his hand. “Sounds like a plan.”

We walked back the the ship like that. Grinning like idiots and holding hands. I couldn’t remember the last time I felt this happy. And it was only going to get better, once we moved everyone from Vegeta back to Earth. We’d finally have a life again.

The entire planet was overjoyed when we returned and informed them of what has and is going to happen. I was briefly reminded of when Dad beat Buu. Before everything will Baby even began. And, of course, before we wiped their memories.

I don’t think Mom has ever hugged me as tightly as she did when I walked back into that castle. Though we had managed to video chat from our ship to ones on Vegeta, it was still like I hadn’t seen her in seven months. She wasn’t even mad that Gaea and I had snuck on board. She was just happy we were home. In celebration, we had a feast.

“How are we going to get everyone back to Earth?” Bulma asked during dinner. She, like Mom, had almost refused to let go of Trunks at first. But we finally got them calmed down.

“With the Dragon Balls,” Dad replies, his mouth full of pasta. I chuckled, taking a drink of water. “It’s the easiest. Besides, we’re using them to bring people back and take everyone’s memory anyway.”

“And give them fake memories,” Mar interjects. Dad smiles, nodding.

“And give them fake memories.” We had pitched our idea to everyone when we first started dinner. They all seemed for it, so that saved arguments.

“What will become of Vegeta?” Ares asked.

When we first went passed Planet Vegeta to get to Earth, I thought Ares was going to pass out. He couldn’t believe his eyes. And, on top of that, he got to see Vegeta again. He was just beside himself with happiness. Now I could tell he was worried for his home planet.

It was my turn to answer. “Nothing, most likely. It’ll remain here. Scientists will shit their pants when they suddenly see a new planet in the sky, and this close to Earth.” A few laughed.

“Not only will they shit themselves, but they’ll also be eager to explore the planet,” Bulla pointed out. “What are they going to think when they come here and find that, not only are there buildings here, but that someone lived here recently?”

I thought about that for a few minutes, along with the rest of my friends and family. That was a good question. No one could deny it wasn’t. I knew for a fact governments would race to have their space program be the first to step foot on a new planet.

“I’ve got it!” Bulma exclaimed from down the table. We all looked to her.

“When we give everyone fake memories, we also make them believe that Vegeta has been here all along! Just like the moon and the sun!”

“That could work,” 18 agreed. I nodded with the others. It was a good plan.

Bulma beamed. “Then it’s settled! Vegeta is no longer in any danger!”

Dinner carried through without any problems. Everyone laughed and listened as we retold events from The Grand Tour (as it’s come to be called. I have to admit; it was a fitting name). Grandpa was even there! Mom says he showed up not long after we had left. Trunks was right. He was just taking some time to visit with some old friends of his.

After dinner, we all went our separate ways. The adults went to the study and us kids ended up in the library.

“One more day...” Nate mused, lounging on a chair, Mar sitting on his lap. He had asked her out a few months ago, according to Bulla.

“I can’t wait to go to the pool,” Gaea said. She and Uub had barely left each other’s side since we landed. I couldn’t help but smile at them.

“Forget the pool,” Goten replied, who was sitting with Bulla on the floor. “I’m going to eat all the ice cream I can!” I remember he had said that months ago. Was it when we were on Earth, before The Grand Tour? Funny, even with my perfect memory, I couldn’t recall. Not that it really mattered.

“I just can’t wait to go home,” Mar said. Bulla and I nodded in agreement.

“Speaking of going home,” Trunks began. He and I were occupying the only couch in the library. No one complained, so neither was I. “There’s a hilarious picture of Goten wearing lipstick hanging on Moon’s wall.”

“Dude, no way?!” Nate exclaimed, laughing. Goten looked at Trunks in disbelief.

“I thought you said you’d already sent him the picture!” my brother accused. Trunks laughed.

“You believed that?” Uub chuckled. “No one on Earth has paid a phone bill in two years! None of the phones work! Plus, there aren’t any cell towers here! Tell me how that’s supposed to work!”

Goten turned red and we all laughed. Then Bulla kissed his cheek.

“Don’t worry about, Go! We still love you, even if you wear make-up!” Goten groaned, which caused us all to start laughing again.

It wasn’t long before we started drifting off. Nate, Bulla and Uub were the first ones to go. Goten, Trunks, Gaea, Mar and I chatted for a while before my brother and niece fell victim as well. I could soon tell that Trunks was fighting, and losing his own battle with sleep.

"Just go to sleep," I told him softly. "Don't worry, I'll wake you up before we leave tomorrow."

Trunks mumbled something incoherent before drifting into slumber. And then there were two.

"I don't know about you, but I'm not even remotely tired," Mar said, sitting up carefully so she didn't wake Nate. I nodded.

"Believe it or not, same here." Slowly, I sat up, removing Trunks' arms from around me. He stirred slightly, but didn't wake up. Pushing my luck, I stood, turning to see if Trunks awoke. He stayed asleep.

"Wanna go for a walk?" I asked Mar. She nodded, getting up off the chair. Together, we walked out of the library.

Wanting to avoid the company of others, Mar and I skirted around the study, where we could still hear our parents talking. We ended up in the throne room. Mar headed for the balcony overlooking the city. I followed, making sure to keep my eyes away from the Earth. I didn't need to take a chance turning into Oozaru.

"I'm glad we're not getting rid of the planet," Mar said as a warm breeze blew our hair around us. She was sitting on the stone railing that fenced in the porch. I sat next to her, my feet dangling over the edge.

"Same here. It'd be a nice place to run to," I joked, a smile tugging my lips up. Mar chuckled.

"Well, I'm sure it beats my room."

"Only in distance," I replied, giving her a side glace. She had a matching smile.

A few moments passed without either of us speaking. I could tell Mar had stuff she wanted to talk about. Frankly, so did I. But sitting in silence was nice. When I closed my eyes, I could almost imagine we were back on Earth, sitting on a park bench.

"Moon, can I ask you something?" 

Opening my eyes, I looked over at my best friend. "You know the answer to that question. You always have."

A faint smile appeared on Mar's face before disappearing again. "Are things different now? Between us? So much has changed... We've changed..." Mar trailed off, staring into the distance. 

"Why would you think that?" I asked. "Of course nothing's changed. Sure, we've changed, but who hasn't over the last couple of years?"

Mar shrugged. "I don't know... It just seems like we aren't like we used to be. Even after you guys had left, we were always finding ways to hang out. After the pool episode in Waynesboro, that changed, and..." She sighed, then shrugged again. "I'm just being a drama queen."

I shook my head, straddling the railing. "No, you're not. I promise."

Mar turned to me. "Really? Because I feel like I am."

"Really. But I swear, nothing has changed between us. We're still best friends. And the whole Waynesboro thing? Don't worry about it. You had an evil, metal robot in you." I winced. "Which I'm still sorry about."

Mar rolled her eyes, giving my shoulder a small push. "You blame yourself way too much, Moon. At least that hasn't changed."

I smiled. "Yeah, I know... I guess that would be a good change though, huh?"

Mar chuckled. Turning the rest of the way, Mar straddled to railing like I was. "I've noticed other changes about you."

"Oh yeah? Like what?"

"Aside from turning into a giant ape?" I rolled my eyes. 

"Yes, aside from that."

"You're not as guarded. Like we were before Buu and Baby. I could see that you were letting yourself have fun tonight."

I started to protest. "I always let myself-" 

"I'm not saying you don't," Mar interrupted. "But it's more evident now. I saw it in Waynesboro too. At the pool. You tried to hide it there, but I saw."

I shrugged. "I don't know... I guess you're right; I was too guarded. But when every new person you met had the chance of being a homicidal alien, wouldn't you?"

Mar smiled. "Yeah, I would. But Baby is dead now."

I nodded in agreement. "Yes, he is."

"So let's have some fun." Before I could answer, Mar lunged at me, stabbing my stomach with her finger. 

"Tag! You're it!" Giggling, she flew off. Laughing, I took off after her, chasing her around the spires of the palace

I'm not sure how long we were out, laughing an flying around. And we didn't just stick to the palace; the entire town and then some where subject to our horseplay. Mar and I tried to stay reasonably quiet, for we knew that below us people were sleeping, but I'm sure we woke at least one or two people. 

And I was just fine with that.

      ------

The next morning, everyone was up early to leave Vegeta. Dende and Piccolo - with the help of Dad - transported to Earth to use the Dragon Balls. The first wish was for everyone to be moved from Vegeta to Earth. In the blink of an eye, it happened. Trunks and his family, Mar and her's, my family and I, Nate, and the rest of the Z-Fighters were suddenly transported from the Throne Room of Planet Vegeta to the Look Out on Earth. 

"We're finally back!" Mom cheered. The others followed suite, Gaea and Uub jumping up and down. Trunks removed his hand from mine wrapped his arm around me instead. I smiled.

Wish number two was devoted to bringing back everyone who had lost their lives durning the Second Truffle War. I was very relived when we found that it was a small number.

The last wish was for everyone to forget what has happened over the passed several years, along with getting new memories.

"Rosamoona, would you like to do the honors?" Dende asked, looking over his shoulder at me. I looked around at my friends and family. They all nodded. 

"Yeah, sure," I replied, walking up to take Dende's spot in front of the all mighty Shenron. 

"What is your third and final wish, child?" he asked, the yellow aura around him giving off a pleasent heat.

"Mighty Shenron, we ask that this wish be a compound one," I started. "Would you be able to grant it?"

For a moment, the dragon didn't answer, and I was afraid I'd managed to piss him off. How great would that have been? But, finally, he answered.

"For you brave warriors, I will grant this wish. But hear my words: this will not be a regular occurance." 

I bowed slighly in respect. "Of course."

Shenron seemed to nod. "Proceede."

"For our last wish, we want the memories of the war erased from the minds of the Earthlings," I said. "But, in exchange for the memories taken away, we'd like new ones given. Ones that tell of a life that was never affected by what's happened, as if it never happened."

Again, his large head dipped. "Is that all?"

"No. For it's safety, we'd also like Planet Vegeta to be implanted in the minds of all. For them to belive that it has always hung in the sky next to the moon as it does now. That is the end of the wish, Mighty Dragon."

"Then it shall be done." Shenron's eyes glowed an evil red, briefly reminding me of Baby's. When they returned to normal, he spoke again.

"Your wish has been granted. The Earthlings do not remember their lives during the conflict and instead have new memories depicting a life they did not -but should have - lived, including that the planet called Vegeta has always been a part of life."

I bowed again. "Thank you."

"Until next time." There was a flash and the sound of something taking off and the Dragon Balls were gone; spread over the Earth, awaiting their next use. Thank god it was only Earth and not the universe.

We all stood still for a few moments, watching as the trails of light left behind by the departing Dragon Balls vanished. It as quiet for another moment or two before cheers broke out again. Happiness swelled inside my chest, surging forth in laughter and shouts of joy. Abruptly, I was spun around. 

Lips pressed against mine, hands pulled me against his body. Throwing my arms around his neck, I kissed Trunks back until we both had to breath away to breath. Grinning, I glanced around at our celebrating group. I noticed Bulla and Goten along with Nate and Mar all making out. I laughed, throwing my head back. I felt Trunk's body vibrate as he laughed as well.

A throat cleared and turned towards it. Dad was standing a little off, his arms folded over his chest, but one of his famous grins on his lips. I broke away from Trunks, flying at him. Dad laughed, wrapping his arms around me and picking me up.

"You did it, Mooney. You saved everyone," he said into my ear before setting me down. I burried my face him his chest, still hugging him. It was as it I hadn't seen him in years.

"I couldn't have done it without the help of you, Gohan, Goten and all the others. You all played as big of a part as I did."

Dad gave me a squeeze and held me for a moment longer before finally relinqushing hold over me. I had only a moment to see my surroundings before I was pulled into another embrace.

"I'm so proud of you," Mom sobbed, tears streaming down her face. I held her tight.

"I love you, Mom." 

"Oh Moona, I love you too." Just like with Dad, we stood like that for a couple minutes before letting go. She went back over to Dad. The two of them hugged and kissed. I smiled, glancing around at my other friends.

One by one, everyone hugged everyone else, telling them how good it was too see them and how proud we were of one another. I was especially happy when I got to Grandpa, giving him a hug worthy of his size. Finally, after probably an hour or more to reunion, people started to left. I hung back, wanting to talk to my parents by myself.

Trunks grabbed my hand and squeezed, signalling that he was ready to go. He started to float a few feet, but stopped when he saw I wasn't coming. 

"What's wrong?" he asked. I sqeezed his hand back. Instead of answering, I looked over at Mom and Dad who appeared to be waiting paitently. 

"I'll be there in a moment, okay?"

Trunks nodded. "Of course, Pigeon. Take all the time you need." I smiled, standing on my tip toes to kiss him lightly. 

"Thanks."

Trunks smiled before letting go of my hand and flying off a little as to give us privacy. Not that this was a completely private moment, but I did like it.

I smiled warmly at Mom and Dad as I walked over. We stared at each other for a little, our eyes communicating. Slipping my hand into my pocket, I pulled out the key to our old house. After Trunks and I visited months ago, I had kept it. I kept it to remind me to never give up, no matter what was thrown at us on The Grand Tour.

“Here. I think you need this more than me right now.”

Dad takes it, smiling. He gently turns it over in his hand. Mom stares at it in slight shock.

“I figured you weren’t coming with us,” Dad says.

I shrugged. “I still have a year of High School to finish. Since I already stayed a year at Waynesboro, and that’s where all my friends are, that’s where I’m going to finish. I’ll stay at the house, but transport to West City every night for dinner if you want. But it’s not like we’ll never see each other again.”

“I know, Mooney.” Dad let go of Mom and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back, breathing in his familiar smell. When we pulled away, he smiled and ruffled my hair.

"Oh, Moona!” Mom cries, throwing herself into my arms. I wrap my arms around her tightly.

“I love you, Mom. But like I said to Dad, this isn’t goodbye. It’d just be like going to school. Except we won’t be living together.”

“Oh, I know, sweetheart,” she says, stroking my head. “But that doesn’t change the fact that I’ll miss you!”

“I’ll miss you too, Mom,” I reply. After another moment, Mom pulls away.

“Now don’t forget: You’ll always have a room welcome in West City!”

I chuckle. “I know!”

Mom smiles again, leaning forward and kissing me on the forehead. Then she backs away and wraps an arm around Dad, placing a hand on his chest and resting her head on his side. Dad raises an arm, waving.

“See ya for dinner, Mooney!”

I grin from ear to ear, waving back and jumping into the air where Trunks waits patiently.

“See you for dinner!”

Taking Trunks’ hand, I give my parents one last smile before we fly off towards Waynesboro.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 453 11
This is a SIDE STORY to my first book and will eventually be one for my 2nd story once I get where I need to be. So... If you haven't read my origina...
138K 2.5K 180
The Saiyan Warrior, Raditz, lands on Earth to confront his long-lost younger Brother, Goku. Soon conflict erupts, forcing the Saiyan brothers to figh...
10.8K 205 22
PLS NOTE THAT THE ONLY OC IS ATHENA/MAIZ! I DO NOT OWN THE DBZ CHARACTERS USED! THIS WAS MIDDLE SCHOOL ME!! •~•~•~•~•~•~• *Sequel to "The Lost Femal...
711 2 20
It has been five years since the defeat of Omega Shenron. Five years since Goku left with the Dragon of Earth, Shenron to train. Five years of peace...