Running with the Wolves

By skaikruwerewolf

Veronica Stilinski lives with her older brother Stiles and her Dad, the Sheriff, in Beacon Hills. She is star... More

chapter 1: this is how it all began...
chapter 2: the boy with the blue eyes
chapter 3: standing on his own two feet
chapter 4: lockers
chapter 5: movies and a burger
chapter 6: the dynamic duo
chapter 7: we have a situation
chapter 8: alpha beta omega
chapter 9: you don't have to worry
chapter 10: mission accomplished
chapter 11: it's all about power
chapter 12: the waves and the starry sky
chapter 13: you did that all on your own
chapter 14: kicking and screaming
stiles stilinski // part 1
chapter 15: the woods
chapter 16: the shadow
chapter 17: part of the pack
chapter 18: the warning of a banshee
chapter 19: the loft
liam dunbar // part 1
chapter 20: all night
chapter 21: broken
liam dunbar // part 2
chapter 22: trapped
veronica & stiles stilinski // part 1
chapter 23: unable to move
chapter 24: promise
chapter 25: screams
stiles stilinski //part 2
chapter 26: admit it
chapter 27: questions and answers
chapter 28: it's not your fault
chapter 29: lab partners
chapter 30: exhale
liam dunbar// part 3
chapter 31: a name to a face
chapter 32: strength in numbers
chapter 33: unconscious
chapter 34: targeted
chapter 35: the plan
chapter 36: we'll figure it out
chapter 37: this is why
chapter 38: driving lessons
chapter 39: painful lessons
chapter 40: because you trust everyone
chapter 41: half light
l. dunbar & v. stilinski // part 1
chapter 42: dance
chapter 43: betrayal
chapter 44: healing wounds
chapter 45: nothing is ever going to change that
chapter 46: tunnels
chapter 47: favors
chapter 48: paralyzed
chapter 49: in sync
chapter 50: crossfire
chapter 51: guilt
chapter 52: frequencies
chapter 53: despair
chapter 54: perigee-syzygy
chapter 56: i have all your passwords
chapter 57: don't leave out the drummer
chapter 58: i'll always be here for you
l. dunbar & v. stilinski // part 2
l. dunbar & v. stilinski // part 3
chapter 59: good news
chapter 60: even up the score
chapter 61: the borrowed book
chapter 62: the beast of beacon hills
chapter 63: apotheosis
chapter 64: welcome back
chapter 65: what do you wanna know?
chapter 66: we did it, brother
chapter 67: magic
chapter 68: picture perfect
chapter 69: holy ground
chapter 70: heartbeat
chapter 71: sunsets
chapter 72: coffee
chapter 73: wolfsbane
chapter 74: where do we start?
chapter 75: goodbyes
chapter 76: don't worry about me
chapter 77: i've been waiting for this
chapter 78: the echo of his scream
chapter 79: this is how it all ends...
chapter 80: unconditionally
chapter 81: till my heart stops
chapter 82: heartbreak
chapter 83: you can talk to me
chapter 84: i'm sorry
chapter 85: graduation
chapter 86: brother let me be your shelter
chapter 87: love always
chapter 88: the necklace
chapter 89: always
thank you!

chapter 55: I need you

767 25 30
By skaikruwerewolf

beacon hills memorial hospital

"Stilinski, right?" The nurse asks us. "You said his insurance was with the county? He's a deputy?"

"No, he's the Sheriff." I tell her.

"He's the county Sheriff, okay?" Stiles says, frustrated. "He's covered. I mean, he should be covered."

I place my hand on his shoulder and he lets out a shaky sigh.

Melissa is now at our side. "I'll take care of it." she tells the nurse and pulls us aside. "I texted Scott. He's coming as soon as he can. I can call Malia."

"No, no, no. Don't call anyone." my brother says.

I'm going to ask where Scott was, and why Stiles doesn't want to call Malia but the nurse at the desk speaks before I can. "Is there anyone else we need to notify? A next of kin?"

Stiles shakes his head. "No, just us. It's just us." he says and then turns to look at me. Our teary eyes show the fear we feel. The fear of losing our dad, too.

Melissa leads us to a waiting room and then rushes out. She's probably going to see if there's anything she can do to help my dad.

Stiles and I sit next to each other in a room that's filled with people who anxiously wait for an update on their loved ones. The wait is maddening. You don't know how the situation is going to play out, and there's absolutely nothing you can do to change the outcome. All you can do is wait. Hope. Pray.

Stiles slouches in his chair, he bounces his leg and sighs. A tear rolls down his cheek and he sits up. He can't stay still. He rests his elbows on his knees, brings his hands to his face, and leans forward.

There's an empty chair next to Stiles and I desperately wish that mom were alive, sitting next to us, telling us everything was going to be ok. My heart aches as I realize that Stiles is probably wishing the same thing.

I have to be strong for him. I have to help him get through this.

I place my hand on his shoulder and he turns to look at me. "We can't lose him too. I can't-" he begins to say, but his sobs don't allow him to continue.

"I know." I tell him softly. "I know, I'm scared too." Despite my best efforts, tears run out of my eyes as well.

I pull Stiles close and he rests his head on my shoulder as we lean back into our chairs. We hold hands, just like we did months ago as we watched Dr. Geyer try to save my dad. And now, here we are again.

I kiss Stiles' forehead, imagining that it's what mom would do to comfort him.

We wait, and wait, and wait. Stiles eventually falls asleep and the crowd around us thins until it's just us two.

I look at my phone. No calls. No messages. It's like everyone disappeared. I know Stiles didn't want anyone else to know, for whatever reason, but I text Mason anyways telling him what happened to my dad. He replies a few minutes later, telling me that he'll make it out to the hospital as soon as he can. That Liam is with him and he'll come too.

I'm going to ask about Lydia, but I see Melissa making her way towards us. I try to read her expression but I can't. The closer she gets, the harder it is to breath.

Once she reaches us, she squats in front of us and smiles at me tenderly and that alone eases my nerves. She turns her attention to Stiles and gives his shoulder a gentle shake, trying to wake him up.

"Stiles." I say gently, and my brother jolts awake with a gasp.

"Hey, hey. It's ok. He's ok." Melissa says. "Dr. Geyer is stitching him up right now."

I close my eyes and sigh in relief, holding my brothers hand a little tighter.

With eyes that are tired from sleep deprivation, and red from crying, Stiles begins to stand up. "Ok, I wanna see him."

Melissa puts a hand on his shoulder, stopping him.

"The anesthesia needs to wear off. It's gonna be at least two hours."

"Ok, but everything's gonna be okay though? I mean, he's okay?" Stiles asks.

"Yeah, he's gonna be just fine." Melissa says with a smile.

"Oh, thank God." Stiles says shakily.

He turns to me and we wrap our arms around each other. "He's gonna be ok?" I ask, wanting reassurance from my older brother.

"Yeah, yeah he is." He says.

I turn to Melissa and thank her. I reach my hand out to her and she gives it a gentle squeeze before walking away.

---------------------------

"What do you mean you don't know? Two hours ago, he was fine." Stiles says.

We are standing in a hall with Dr. Geyer and Melissa. They came to get us because something is terribly wrong with my dad. He's being poisoned and his body is shutting down and they don't know how to stop it.

"How did this happen? He came out of surgery and he was fine." I ask, confused by this turn of events. A couple of hours ago, Stiles and I hugged in relief when we were told our dad was going to make it out ok from this. And now, we're being told he's dying and they can't do anything about it.

It's the cruelest of tricks life will play on you. Giving you something, just to take it back. Making you feel the greatest of joys, just to devastate you shortly after.

"And now it looks like somebody took a baseball bat to his neck." Stiles continues.

"There could be some minor internal-" Dr. Geyer beings, only to be interrupted by a frustrated Stiles.

"Did you just say 'minor internal'? Since when is anything internal, minor?"

"Stiles." Melissa says, trying to keep my brother calm, but theres no calming him down. He's desperate, scared, angry...

"I need to know what's going on with him, okay? Somebody needs to tell me what's happening to him!" he yells.

"We don't know." Melissa admits.

I turn away from Melissa and Dr. Geyer, not wanting them to see the tears starting to roll down my cheeks. I place a hand on the hospitals wall, hoping it'll help keep my on my feet. I turn to my brother who stands next to me. "How is this happening again?"

We look away from each other. Down the hall I see nurses and doctors frantically walk in and out of their patients rooms. Some jot down notes on a clipboard, doing their best to save lives. But will any of them be able to save my dad's?

Next to me, Stiles tenses. He doesn't turn to look at me he just walks right past Melissa and Dr. Geyer, who are discussing my dad's case.

"Stiles?" I call after him as he opes the doors that separate this section of the hospital from the rooms of other patients. He pushes the doors open so roughly, one of them swings open and stays open. I look over Melissa's shoulder and see Scott. Stiles makes his way towards Scott in evident anger.

I move around Melissa and Dr. Geyer, standing closer to the door.

I watch as Stiles grabs Scott and slams him against the wall, then pulling him down to the ground where he hovers over him.

I gasp in shock.

"Where were you? You trusted him. You believed him!" Stiles yells at Scott.

By now, everyone is looking at the two boys on the ground. I rush over to them "Stiles, stop it!"

"So, where were you huh?" Stiles continues.

I reach my brother and grip his arm. "Hey, that's enough!" I say as I try to get him off of Scott.

"Where the hell were you!?" Stiles yells again. Dr. Geyer comes and helps pull my brother away from Scott.

"Stop it!" Melissa says as he helps Scott up. I notice a blood stain on his shirt.

"Ok, all right. All right." Stiles says as he struggles against Dr. Geyers hold. We both take a hold of Stiles arms.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask my brother.

He looks away from me and directs his angry stare towards Scott.

"Your dad isn't the only one who got hurt." Scott says.

"Oh you'll heal." my brother spits out at Scott before I get the chance to ask what he means.

"Stiles." I say, almost scolding him. He shrugs me off and I take a step back, away from him.

I turn to Scott. "Lydia. Theo took her and we don't where she is. I called Parrish, he's out looking for her right now."

Dr. Geyer lets go of my brother and he leaves the waiting room without saying anything. He just pulls his phone out and walks away from us all. I don't go after him, knowing he needs his space, but also because I honestly don't even want to talk to him right now.

I walk over to Scott. "We have to find Lydia." I tell him.

"We will." he reassures me.

I look at the blood stain on his shirt. "What happened to you?"

"Li-" Melissa begins, but Scott begins to speak. "Theo. It was Theo. He tried to kill me."

"What?" I ask.

"He did kill him. But we were able to bring him back." Melissa says. "I'm going to go check on your dad. I'll be right back." she says and walks away after giving Scott a hug.

"I can't believe-" I begin but I can't even finish the sentence. Scott died tonight. Theo killed him. Theo, the lone wolf that Scott welcomed into his pack and trusted. And now he's helped tear us all apart, with his lies and his schemes. He's manipulated us all. I hug Scott, wanting to hear his beating heart. He's my brother and he was almost ripped away from me tonight.

I can feel his pain and I take it as we hug. He pulls away . "You don't ha-"

"I do. You'd do the same for me." I tell him.

He doesn't reply.His eyes are fixed on something behind me. Someone behind me. I turn to find Liam and Mason, standing not too far from us.

I walk over to them, relieved to see they're both ok. I hug Mason and then I hug Liam.

"Where were you guys?" I ask.

"We should talk about that later." Mason says. "How's your dad?"

I sigh. "I don't-I don't know." I explain to them everything the doctors have told me and Stiles. Mason listens intently, but Liam's attentions is elsewhere. He looks straight ahead, at Scott.

Scott walks over to us. "I'm gonna go find my mom. I'll be right back." he says, leaving the three of us alone. I tell them about Lydia and how Parrish is out looking for her. I'm about to tell them about Theo and Scott when Liam stands up.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Nothing. I'll be right back." he says and walks off.

I turn to Mason. "Is he ok?"

He sighs. "I don't know."

"What happened?" I ask, sensing that there's something he's not telling me.

"A lot. It's something he should-" he begins but I stop him mid-sentence when I see Melissa rush down the hall. "Hold that thought. I'm gonna go see if there are any updates on my dad."

I walk down the hall but I can't see Melissa anymore. It's empty, there's not as much movement as before. I can hear two voices coming from a room and I recognize them.

Scott and Liam.

"Go home, Liam." Scott tells him.

"Please, just-I'm sorry." Liam says.

There's silence and then the shuffling of feet.

"No, Scott wait. Just let me help."

"After you just tried to kill me?" Scott asks.

no. no, it can't be...

my eyes fill up with tears and I'm frozen in place. I can't move. I can't say anything. I just keep listening.

"Scott. I don't know what to say, just-I'm sorry for what I did, for leaving you there and letting Theo get to you..."

I slowly walk into the room. They're both surprised when they see me, just like Stiles and Theo were. I find it sad that it's come to this. The only way I know what the hell is happening is by eavesdropping. Things were never like this, we all used to talk to each other.

I glance between the two boys, neither of them say anything.

"Did you try to kill Scott?" I ask Liam, my eyes still filled with tears. He looks down and way from me. "Answer me!" I demand when he doesn't respond.

"Yes." he says, but he still won't look at me.

I'm so angry that my hands start shaking, and my heart is beating fast.

I look over at Scott, unable to comprehend how his own beta tried to kill him. How Liam, tried to kill him. "I'm sorry." I tell him, because I feel guilty about not doing anything to somehow stop this. I shrug my shoulders and my hands fall at my sides.

"Veronica-" Liam begins and takes a step towards me but I take a step back. I put my hand up, signaling for him to not come any closer.

"Don't. Just don't." I tell him and storm out of the room.

Liam walks out after me. "Wait, Veronica please."

I stop and turn to look back at him. He's stopped too. We stand in the middle of the hallway. "What?!"

"Please, listen to me. I need you to hear me out." he pleads.

I shake my head. "No. I don't wanna hear it! Whatever it is you're gonna say." he flinches at the harshness and anger in my voice. "Leave. I don't want you here. I don't want to talk to you right now. Just go." I say and walk away, leaving the broken boy that is Liam standing alone in the hallway.

I walk towards my dad's room and rush inside. I close the doors quickly and lean against them as I begin to sob. I feel like I'm going to be sick. I pull a chair and sit by his side. I take his hand and take his pain. I take, and take until my ears start ringing.

"Dad, please stay. We need you." I tell him through my tears. "I need you."

---------------------------

In an empty hospital room, gathered around a table, we try to understand why Theo did all of this.

He used my dad as a distraction so he could make sure Scott was left alone with Liam and no one could stop him.

"We need to find him." Stiles says.

"Isn't that a little dangerous?" Melissa counters.

"Yeah, but he said he didn't want my dad to die."

"And you believe him?" I ask.

"He told me where to find him, so maybe he knows how to save him too."

"Let me go with you." I tell him as he starts to walk out the door.

"No. You stay here with dad." he says.

"Stiles, you can't go alone." I tell him.

"I'll go." Scott says. "He doesn't know I'm alive. Maybe that gives us an advantage."

"And how exactly do you plan on finding him?" I ask my brother.

"Don't need to. He'll come to me."

---------------------

I sit next to my dad, taking as much of his pain as I can. I've taken so much, that my nose has started to bleed.

My phone rings after a couple of hours. It's Stiles.

----------------------------

"Melissa!" I yell as I run through the hospital looking for her. I finally see her and rush over to her.

I tell her what Stiles told me. "It's a piece of bone."

Her eyebrows furrow as she finds the connection and the solution. "He's being poisoned by bone marrow." she says and rushes off to find Dr. Geyer.

------------------------

Dad's surgery is over and he's back in his room now. I stand by the window looking outside, watching cars come and go. I hear my dad shift on his bed and turn in his direction. Stiles sits by his bedside; he's fallen asleep. Dad gently wakes him up. My brother looks up at our dad with tired eyes.

"It's okay, Stiles. You still got me." he says.

"You and your sister still got me." he says turning to me.

I walk over to them and Stiles and I both take my dad's hands in ours. We sit on either side of the bed.

At least for now, nothing else matters. I'll deal with everything that happened earlier, later. Fixing the broken friendships and relationships, helping to pick up the pieces of the pack that Theo ripped apart.

But my dad's alive and is going to fully recover and I'm going to focus on him right now. I hold his hand as he sleeps and with my other hand I tug on my mom's necklace. I'm not nervous, that's not why I'm tugging on it, but because I'm thankful.

thanks for looking out for us, mom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope you guys liked this chapter! I'm changing some of the story line of season 5, so thing's will be a little different, that way I'll keep ya guys guessing! haha.

Next chapter there will be a little more action as I begin to transition the story into more of 5B's story line.

as always, love you tons and thanks for reading! xoxox ❤️😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.2K 1.9K 30
As a child, Sydney Stilinski never believed in werewolves outside the pages of books and the screen of her television. That was, until she came face...
6.5K 150 54
Stiles' cousin moves to Beacon Hills because it's a better environment for her. Almost immediately, she gets swept up in adventures and horrors she...
1.9K 112 48
This is a book; a fan-fiction of the MTV series Teen Wolf. I had an idea to add a character who is a hybrid between a vampire and a werewolf... And...
650K 14.1K 55
Alex is the sister of the funny and sometimes annoying, Stiles Stilinski. Which also means that she's the daughter of the Sheriff of Beacon Hills. S...