Foreseen [An Elijah Mikaelson...

By evaki498

Cassandra Gold was an ordinary girl, living in a small town named Mystic Falls. She thought her life was norm... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Tribute to The Vampire Diaries
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Epilogue
Author's Note
#Deleted Chapter
#Bonus Chapter - Part 1
#Bonus Chapter - Part 2
#Bonus Chapter - Part 3
#Bonus Chapter - Part 4
#Bonus Chapter - Part 5
#Bonus Chapter - Part 6
#Bonus Chapter - Part 7
#Behind The "Script" Facts
#Funny Relevant / Irrelevant Moments
#Q&A
Thank you!!!
We won!!!

Chapter 96

4.6K 112 21
By evaki498

Elijah's P.O.V.

Cassandra collapsed in my arms. I held her tightly. I didn't want to resort in such means, but I had to. I lifted her bridal style and got in her house, passing the living room and heading upstairs to her bedroom. I placed her gently on her bed and covered her with the blanket. She was sleeping. Earlier, when she told me that she cared only about the future and especially a future involving me, I knew I had to protect her. When I went home to change I accidentally found a piece of burned sage. My mother was doing a privacy spell. That in combination with Elena's lie last night made me be extremely suspicious about my mother's true intentions. I had to find out what was really going on. And there was only one person that held the answer.

All I wanted was to protect Cassandra. But, she wouldn't agree with my methods. I placed a kiss on her forehead and then left. I was driving like a madman, but approaching Elena's house, I slowed down. I parked outside and got out of my car. For a minute I hesitated, but I decided I had to do this. I was obliged to. I would never forgive myself if I let anything happen to Cassandra. I took a deep breath and headed to Elena's front porch. I rang the doorbell and waited for her to come and open the door. Soon enough, the door opened and Elena seemed surprised to see me. Or shocked? Her heart started beating faster.

"Elena." I said in a steady voice.

"Elijah." She replied trying not to show her nervousness.

"I don't mean to intrude. I was hoping you might accompany me." I made a pause. Elena looked more nervous by the second. "I want to show you something." She agreed to come with me, although she was hesitant about it.

I drove to the woods to a place I had a long time to visit. "I forgot how much I missed this land." I said getting out of the car gazing around the woods.

"I can't even imagine how it had been like a thousand years ago." Elena said.

"You know, your school was built over an Indian village. There I saw my first werewolf. The town square was where the natives were gathered to worship. In the matter of fact, near there was a field where wild horses used to graze."

Thousands of memories came flooding back, making me reminisce the time I was a human. Things would be much easier if I was human. Cassandra wouldn't be in such a terrible danger and she definitely wouldn't be in such a difficult position, between me and her friends.

"Have you shared all these with Cassie?"

"No, I haven't. But, I would love to."

"Have you seen her?" Elena asked, before I could even finish my sentence properly.

"Yes. We spent the night together." I explained watching her reaction. She seemed guilty.

"Is she ok?"

"She seemed fine. I left her at her home. She had something to arrange." I lied. Elena just nodded. "Come." I urged her. I smiled seeing the familiar huge rocks in front of us. It had been ages...

"Do you know this place too?" Elena asked interrupting my thoughts.

"I do." I replied placing my hand on the cold surface of the rock. "Below of us there is a cave where I used to play as a boy. It connects with a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area. That's nature's way of providing us with shelter against the cruelty of the full moon." I could sense her moving nervously behind me. "My mother said there must be a balance." I continued.

"Elijah, I should probably go home." Elena said with a trembling voice.

"I admire you, Elena." I said standing up from the ground. "You remind me of qualities I valued long before our mother turned us. It's not in your nature to be deceitful and yet, when I asked about your meeting with my mother the other night you lied to my face." I was still not making eye contact with her, but I really wanted to see her expression.

"That's not true." She said steadily. I turned to look at her. She seemed nervous now that she had been busted. "I told you that all your mother wanted was a new start."

"I can hear your heartbeat." I cut her.

"It jumps when you are being dishonest with me. You lied to me at the ball, you are lying to me now. Tell me the truth." I said approaching her slowly, until we were face to face.

"I never wanted this to happen." She had finally broken.

"What Elena?" I asked annoyed. I had started to lose my temper.

"We were told, that whatever was in that coffin would help us kill Klaus. When, we found out it was your mother we didn't know what to think."

"Since she returned, she says she wants our family hold again." I explained trying to understand.

"When she asked to see me, I thought that maybe she could help, that she could find a way to kill Klaus. It's not just Klaus that she wants to kill." She said.

"She wants to kill us all, isn't she?" I realized.

I swore quietly. My poor Cassandra. She knew everything. That's why she didn't want to talk to Elena this morning or to go to my place last night. She didn't want me to release her from my embrace. Because, she knew that we didn't have much time.

"Do you know what will happen to Cassandra, since we are soulmates?" I asked her, anger obvious in my voice. She didn't care about me. She didn't care even for her best friend?

"I forgot it Elijah. We talked after she had talked to your mother."

"She talked to my mother?" I asked her growling. Elena seemed scared.

"Yes." She said gulping. "She tried to negotiate."

"With no result I guess." She nodded. I swore again.

"I'm so sorry, Elijah." I was looking far away from her. My girl... My love... "I wish there was something I could do to help." When I heard this phrase of hers, I was beyond mad. However, I managed to stay calm in a way.

"You know, one thing I've learnt in my time on this earth; be careful what you wish for." I finished.

She looked at me confused, but then out of the blue I hit the ground with my foot making it collapse. As Elena was looking startled, I got the chance to grab her and descend her to the caves I was talking about earlier. I left her on the ground and then disappeared. She wouldn't be able to get out of there alone. Especially, with the company I had arranged for her.

Cassandra's P.O.V.

I woke up and my head was hurting like hell. What the hell happened? I wondered. I was in my bedroom and it had started to darken outside. Where was Elijah? I didn't have time to think things further, because my phone started ringing. I sat up in difficulty, feeling dizzy. I grabbed it by the bedside table. Stefan? I picked it up.

"Yes?" I replied sleepily.

"Having a nap?" Stefan said in an ironic tone.

"What do you want Stefan?" I replied annoyed.

"Have you seen Elena?"

"No."

"Have you talked to Elena?"

"No."

"Have you had a vision about Elena?"

"No. Stefan why are you asking me all these questions?"

"Because Elena is missing."

"Missing? What do you mean?"

"I mean she is nowhere to be found. Can your GPS lead us to her?"

"I guess so. I just need some time."

"Oh, by all means take your time. Do not rush." He said ironically.

"God, Stefan! You've become worse than Damon!"

"Well, not exactly. I didn't sleep with Rebekah." He replied bluntly.

"What?!?!?!?!" I exclaimed.

I heard Stefan opening a door. Probably his house door. "I can't find her anywhere." He said probably to Damon.

"Hello Stefan." A voice was heard. I froze. Was that Elijah?

"Pretend to hang up, I want to listen to this." I whispered, wishing Elijah hadn't heard me.

"I'll call you later." Stefan said, but didn't hang up.

"He has Elena." Damon said. I could hear he was upset.

"Actually, she is with Rebekah." Shock after shock. Rebekah hated Elena. Why was he doing this? "As you can imagine my sister is dying to tare her throat out." I could hear the smile in his voice. The satisfaction... Who was he? "So if you want to save Elena's life, I need you to help me stop my mother." My heart was aching.

Why Elijah??? Why???

"I'm embarrassed to admit that when it comes to killing thousand-year-old resurrected witches, I'm a little rusty." Damon said ironically.

"Yes, unfortunately, even when she is killed, my mother doesn't seem to want to remain dead. Now with the spirits of nature at her side."

"So what are we supposed to do?" Stefan asked.

"The witches that released my mother. She is drawing power from their bloodline. That line needs to be broken." Elijah explained.

"Broken?" Stefan questioned confused.

"Yeah, he means..." Damon left his sentence unfinished.

Killing them. I figured.

So, Elijah wasn't only threatening to kill one of my best friends, but also he wanted to kill another best friend of mine and her mother. Great, just great!

"You want us to kill them." Stefan stated the obvious.

"You know, I would do it myself, but I have absolutely no idea where they are. Besides seeing me, they will immediately know my intentions, they won't expect harm by you. In any case, you have until six minutes after nine to find them." Elijah explained. Every word that came out of his mouth hurt me more and more.

"Oh, how super specific of you." Damon commented sarcastically.

"By nine past seven, the moon will be full, my mother will have the power to kill me and my family. If you do not stop her before then, Rebekah will kill Elena. So, we all have our time line. I suggest you get started." Elijah replied. Footsteps were heard and I bet it was Elijah's.

"What about your girlfriend? Does she know that you are planning to kill her best friend?" Stefan asked. I held my breath, as the sound of footsteps stopped.

"Leave Cassandra out of this." Elijah growled.

"Well, I may leave her, but I bet that she wouldn't like to be left. Especially when that involves her best friend." Stefan continued, ignoring the threat in Elijah's voice.

"Do what you have to do and leave the rest to me." He simply replied and got out of the Salvatore house, as I assumed hearing the footsteps and the sound of a door opening and closing.

"Did you hear all of this?" Stefan asked.

"What's going on?" Damon asked confused.

"Well, we had a third listener with us all along." Stefan replied.

"Fortune teller." Damon realized.

"Will you find Elena?"

"I will." I replied sighing.

"Are you ok?" Stefan asked surprising me. He didn't seem to care before. At least, after cutting his humanity off.

"No." I replied honestly. "But, it doesn't matter right now." I added quickly. "I'll find Elena. But, that won't stop Elijah from tearing you two into shreds. We have to do something about that."

"What are you proposing?"

"That depends on your plan of action. But, don't worry. I'll figure something out. Call me when you have decided." I said hanging up.

I tried to stand up, to be strong, but instead I collapsed on the floor. How could he do this to me? Making me chose between my friends and him? I remembered everything now. How he stabbed me with a needle again, choosing to leave me out of everything. Thankfully, I had put on the hunter's talisman and probably that made me wake up so quickly. I'm sure Elijah made sure to give me the right dose, in order to be asleep until everything was over. After he and my friend died or after Bonnie and her mother had died. How can I trust him after all he did? How? I hadn't realized I was crying until I felt the hot tears dropping on my hands. Suddenly, I felt angry. I brushed the tears away and stood up. I had to be strong. For Elena. And for myself.

But, how would I do that when I felt broken inside?

Author's Note: Ok, I bet we all know that it's not a good thing to piss Cassandra off. What do you think will happen between her and Elijah, after what he did??? A tiny cliffhanger for you, my dear readers. Love you all and don't forget to comment!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

413 13 13
TVD/TO Fanfiction It was the late 990s and the Mikaelson family were living peacefully in Mystic Falls. This all changes when they find a mysterious...
1.1M 41.5K 89
When her mother announced they were moving once again, this time to a small town in Virginia, Emma assumed it was just one more search for a fresh st...
4.4K 271 39
"Love is not true unless it's been tested." They met her a thousand years ago. She became like family to them and it hurt deeply when they lost her...
14.7K 129 29
The Unknown Salvatore is about this 17 year old girl, Addison, who moves to Mystic Falls to meet her father, Zach Salvatore. When see gets to Mystic...