Trusting Logan

By MayMuggle

At fifteen Amber Thorn has spent her entire life following the rules. Logan Clifton believes in having a goo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 6

131K 795 82
By MayMuggle

Hi. please VOTE and COMMENT. 

6:

"Look Logan, I am really not in the mood. Could you please just leave me alone for once in my life when I feel like crap and not make me feel worse?"  

"Amby can you for once in your entire life shut up."  

"Logan."  

"shut up Amby." I felt his hands leave my waist for a second before I felt them putting something around my neck."This was my mom's. She always loved you ever since we where little and I thought that you should have this. Happy birthday." I knew exactly what it was, a heart locket with a picture of Logan's great-great-great-grandmother. I felt tears streaming down my cheeks. Mrs. Clifton was like a mom to me. She had died of breast cancer earlier this year. This was the first time I had ever heard Logan ever refer to her. He usually seemed like it didn't affect him but I knew better than that. I knew how close they where. Logan only had his mom, his dad was never around. He was filthy rich and had numerous affairs. He finally came back when he heard about Mrs. Clifton's cancer. They had rekindled there love but Logan wasn't as forgiving .  

"omg..Logan th-thank y-you so much, but I c-can't take this. It was your moms you should keep it or give it to someone special who means the world to you not just your best friends kid sister."  

"no I want you to have it. My mom thought of you as a daughter and it has been in her family for years she would want you to have it." I turned around to face Logan and for the first time in my entire life I saw Logan cry. He hadn't even cried at the funeral when Mrs. Clifton's lifeless body laid in its casket. I gave Logan a hug wanting him to not cry. It just seemed wrong. He never cried. He was always light-hearted and flirty. I stood there just hugging him for a long time, not knowing what to say exactly. He cried for a while and then started shaking. At first I thought he was crying harder then I realized he was laughing. "wow Ambs ....you finally learn how to shut up." I sighed, relieved.  

"shut up... slut."  

"theres my Amby...haha" I felt my heart speed up as he said MY Amby.  

"yeah...maybe we should go down my mom will freak out if I don't come down soon." I started to walk towards the door but he put his hands around my waist holding me back.  

"Ambs...I think your forgetting something important like clothes. Although, I do like the look your going for, I am not sure your parents will appreciate it." I blush tomato red as I realize I am standing in my bra and a thong in front of Logan.  

"well maybe you should stop walking into my room when im practically naked."  

"I should, but what fun would life be if I followed all the rules."  

"It would be easier and less painful."  

"easier maybe but painful?" As he says the word I punch him as hardly as I can on his stomach.  

"Yes, less painful." I say smiling evilly.  

"For someone tiny you are awfully strong." He says as I put my dress on and fix myself up so my eyes aren't as red. Logan almost made me forget about my parents forgetting about me. I never thought Logan would be the guy to comfort me but he seems to be the one who is always around when I am down. I so need to stop being a damsel in distress, because I really don't trust Logan with my heart. He is a hopeless flirt and if he keeps being nice it will be a flashback of cheer camp.

-school-

Josh finally gets us to school after picking up Logan, and Jennifer. I seriously don't get Logan. He can be the sweetest guy ever and get any girl he could want and he chooses Jennifer. Speaking of which she keeps looking at me and smiling evilly.  

"hey Amber. Guess what? Do you remember Rick from cheer camp? Well the best thing ever happened. I was talking to him and he said he was coming to Pacific High. Isnt that great? Didn't you guys go out?" I look at Jennifer about ready to punch her in the face and break her plastic nose. Why in gods name did Rick have to come here and why did jennifer have to be the one to show me that my supposed best friend was sleeping with my boyfriend. Uhh.  

"umm." I said I knew that tears would soon be running down my face. So I did the only thing I could think of and knowing Josh he would totally fall for it." Josh will you hurry the hell up.You drive like an 86 year old. At this rate Jason Thompson is gonna steal your spot." Josh hit the gas like there is no tomorrow. Jason and Josh had been best friends until the 7th grade when Jason stole Josh's girl. This apparently violated some Bro Code and now they hate each other. I personally think that is the stupidest reason to break up a 10 year friendship, but loyalty is something very important to Josh and for that I think he deserves a little credit. He has a good judge in character. I mean take Logan for example they have been friends since they were in diapers and Logan is a lot of things but he would never steal Josh's girl, no matter how much he likes her. We reach school in record time. Thank you Jason Thompson!

I quickly jump out of the car and basically make a run for it not even looking to see where I am going and run straight into Rick. Talk about irony. I was trying to run and hide from him and of course I run straight into him.  

"oh crap...I am so sorry...Amber?!" I stared at him for ten seconds before I ran into the school. I could hear him calling my name but I couldn't look back. We had been friends for so long and then one day he said he loved me and asked me if I would be his girlfriend and I said yes like an idiot and then the next day I see him sleeping with my 'best friend'. We never even kissed. I felt the tears streaming down my face. People where beginning to look like blobs.

"Amber? Whats wrong?" I heard my brother say.  

"Josh I wanna go home. I cant do this. R-R-Rick and K-Kayla and bimbo."  

"hey whats wrong?" He said giving me a big bear hug. Josh bear hugs were always my favorite. When I was little and would get hurt Josh would pull me into a bear hug and then spin me in a circle until I was laughing and having fun. I decide to just tell Josh the story. After I finish he simply says, " well Rick is an butt-head who doesn't know what he lost out on and he probably regrets it now."  

"somehow I think you only say that cause you're my brother."  

"No, I mean it. Lots of guys like you. Your fun to be around and you can be funny and your not a slut and your nice."  

"And you look hot without trying." Aww Taylor. He was one of my brothers friends. He was gay and that made me love him even more. I give him a big hug. He had gone to Mexico last week and had finally came back.  

"ahhh.....your back. Yes. I've missed you like craziness."  

"yes I am and don't let stupid Rick mess with your head." Taylor said while giving his boyfriend Cody a hug and a kiss. Taylor is one of the only people I told the Rick story to besides Emily.  

"hi Cody!" I say giving him the biggest smile possible. Man, I love Cody and Taylor. They have the cutest bromance going.  

"hey Amber. I love your locket its beautiful. Is it new?" I hold the locket Logan gave me in my hands. My eyes meet Logan for a brief second and he smiles at me. For once it isn't a pervy smile. It is an honest to god real Logan smile.  

"yeah it is new. I got it from a friend for my birthday."  

"ohh..a friend? Is it a boy? Do we know him?" I roll my eyes at Taylor.  

"you could say that." I said smirking at Logan. He looked uncomfortable, which made me want to laugh at him but then I would have to explain that I got the locket from him. For some reason I felt like this was something between me and Logan only.  

"ooo...who is it?"  

"come on Amber tell us!"  

"yeah Amber..please."  

"Boys chill out. It is for me to know.Sorry." I kind of felt bad Josh, Cody and Taylor looked too cute trying to find out who gave me my locket.  

"oh Josh by the way you don't need to bring me home today mom is taking me to the mall to go shopping because apparently my lack of fashionable clothes reflects poorly on her as a mother, and she also is taking me to the salon because my hair and nails are awful." I say letting acid seep through my words.  

"okay..have fun"  

"yeah I will have fun when pigs fly. If I don't make it home tonight it will be because I have drank the toxins in the salon and am waiting for a painful death that will save me from the torment of mom."  

"yeah whatever Amber. If you don't want to go you could just say no. Like dad said he wanted me to go golfing with him and I said no."  

"I can't say no. She was so excited when I said yes plus she doesn't ask for much. "  

"your right she doesn't ask for much. she demands like cheerleading and being on the honor roll. You really need to stop listening to what they say and live a little."  

"I will when I am out of the house and away from them."  

"Even after you leave you will still let them control you. Your to nice."

-the mall with the mother-

"oh honey you should try on that pink dress with the flowers you would look fabulous." I look at the dress, She has to be kidding me there is no way in hell I would be caught dead in that dress.  

"sure." I walk Into the dressing room and try on the thousands of clothes my mom picked out for me. I am 16 and she lets me stay home alone with my 18 year old brother yet she can't trust me to pick my own clothes.

We finally got to the salon. THANK THE LORD.  

"So honey what is up with you and your friends? Are you still hanging out with that one girl?" I roll my eyes at my mother.  

"you mean Emily. Yes we are still friends." She never liked Emily she said she was the type of person that would hold me back socially.  

"oh honey you should stop hanging out with her and start hanging out with more cheerleaders. I mean you and Kayla were so close before. You guys went to cheerleading camp together and everything."  

"yeah but we grew apart."  

"honey you were 14 and now you are 15." I know my mom did not know what went down at cheer camp but Emily was a way better friend then Kayla ever was. For starters she would never sleep with my boyfriend and not even feel guilty about it.  

"Actually I am 16."  

"oh right. The point is friends like Emily are nice but friends like Kayla can help you get ahead. I mean you are on top of the pyramid and well Emily is at the bottom. But anyways it is your choice." Leave it to my mom to judge the world in terms of a cheerleading. "So this is funny me and you shopping and doing our nails and all. Sooooooo....Do you have a boyfriend?"  

"nope." She looked so disappointed. I thought moms were suppose to be happy when there daughters didn't have boyfriends because it meant they weren't having sex, usually.  

" oh well that alright. Maybe one of the football players will ask you out soon. I just got you all those nice clothes and your getting a manicure and your hair fixed up." Wow superficial much?!  

"yeah I can only hope that that happens." Note the sarcasm. She was smiling so excitedly.  

"so what are you and the squad doing this weekend? Any parties?"  

"yeah but me and Em are going to have a movie marathon or something."  

"oh...why don't you go out? You and Emily can have a marathon another time. You should be hanging out with your team."  

"yeah...sure mom." I say knowing I will regret listening to my mom and also that I will end up listening to her just to make her happy.

-school the next day-

"Class we have a new student, Adam Mayfield." I look up to see cute boy with green eyes and blond hair. "Now back to our lesson for today..." I ignore Mrs. Johnson as she drones on about Calculus.  

"hi. I am Adam." Adam says as he takes a seat next to me in the back of the class. All the girls are glaring at me as they see him smile at me. I stare at him like a complete idiot not even responding with a hi I'm Amber, but he is so hot and he is talking to me I cant help but just look at him. "and you are?"  

"oh...right I am Amber."  

"well Amber its nice to meet you. So no offense but you seem kind of young to be in calculus."  

"oh yeah well that's cause I am. My mom forced me to take calc. I am only a sophomore."  

"oh you must be smart."  

"haha...no. I just don't know how to say no to my mom."  

"well I am glad you didn't say no otherwise I wouldn't have had a chance to meet you." He smiles at me, again. I blush and turn my attention back to the board before he notices. I spend the rest of the period trying to focus but failing miserably because Adam is sitting next to me smelling and looking amazing. I glance at him from the corner of my eyes every now and then. I am so failing this class. When the bell finally rings I pack slowly not really wanting to go to gym, but knowing I have no choice. "hey Amber where are you off to?"  

"the gym? You?"  

"me too. Mind if I walk with you."  

"nope." Speaking as coolly as I can manage. On our walk to gym I learn that Adam is from New York and he moved here with his parents because his dad got a new job. He has a older brother who he doesn't see often but misses and a younger sister , Shari, who is 13 that he loves like craziness. He was on the varsity football team at his old school. All in all he is sweet and has an amazing body, which I hadn't noticed until he was walking into the gym.

During lunch me and Em sit in the cafeteria at our usual table that is far away from my brother and Logan and the Cheerleaders. I love my brother, but sometimes I need to not be known as Josh's sister. I see my brother across sitting with the guys, the cheerleaders and ADAM.  

"Earth to Amber? What are you looking at? ...are you looking at the new guy?"  

"Adam." she gives me a how do you know him look. " he is in my calculus and gym class so we talked."  

"oh...and you totally are crushing on him." I nod my head no but Em isn't buying it for a second.

When school finally ends I make my way to the locker room to change for cheerleading. We practice in the gym for what seems like hours before couch finally lets us go after telling us all to stop eating fatty foods so we can fit into our uniforms for homecoming. I change and stand by the car waiting for Josh and Logan to be done with football practice. I finally decide to sit on the ground because they are taking way to long. How long does it take to change? there guys! I drift off to sleep while I am sitting there.  

"AMBS WAKE UP." Logan screams into my ear. I look around a little lost.  

"what the fish? You could have at least not screamed in my ear you freaking slut face." I say angry as hell until I notice there is a fourth person, Adam, standing with us. He looks a little shocked.  

"feisty. I like. " Logan says licking his lips and smirking a totally sexy smile.  

"gross."I say rolling my eyes.  

" dude shut up that my sister. Oh...Adam this is my younger sister Amber and Amber this is Adam he is on the football team."  

"yeah I know, we have calculus together. Hey Adam."  

"hey. You never told me your on the cheerleading squad.? " he says smiling at me. The four of us climb into the car and are almost out of the parking lot when Jennifer shouts from across the parking lot.  

" WAIT BABY."  

"Logan I think your slut is calling you."  

"Jealous baby?"  

"EWW...Josh hurry before she asks for a ride and passes an STD on to me. As your little sister who is never EVER aloud to forget it I think I deserve to not be corrupted by the likes of her. Logan is one story. Jennifer is another."  

"Logan, Josh, Adam... oh Amber didn't see you there."  

"of course not you were to busy trying to start a 4 sum." I say under my breathe only loud enough for the guys to hear me. They all try to hold back a laugh.  

"So did you talk to Rick? You guys where so close. " She says smirking.  

"so did you finally decide to tell everyone your boobs aren't real?" Her smirk come off her face. Adam looks at me and smiles like he is trying to hold back a laugh. I smile at him.  

"Logan...are we getting together tonight? Oh Joshie by the way Sabrina was looking for you."  

"of course baby."  

"sweet Sabrina is hot." I listen to them both rolling my eyes.  

"you guys are so predictable. okay can we go already some of us have a life. Plus I have to go with mom to the beach. Apparently I don't have a tan that makes me desirable in mens eyes." Once again note the sarcasm.  

"Really Amber you gotta grow a spine and tell her you don't want to go."  

"I know I will. But for today I am gonna be at the beach in my bikini working on my tan to pick up boys. I mean it is her last day here so really who am I to shatter her dreams of having a cheerleading, honor roll student ,hot boyfriend having daughter."

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 7.9K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
12.4K 153 24
Quinn & Logan have been dating secretly for awhile, but what happens when the secrets and lies get too much for them both? Will they tell their frie...
1.6K 342 41
SEASON 2 OF HER RULES PROLOGUE It all started with my rules thinking is gonna be easier . I played the game of love by My Rules not knowing there are...
366K 13.2K 43
Book 1| Completed | "You know the truth, Lia," Wyatt whispered. "You're my girl. You've always been my girl." Amelia Thomas knew Logan Thorne and his...