24 Hours To Live • Eazy-E

By moonwalkbae

A story in which a boy lives his final twenty four hours on Earth after being haunted by his past. 2016 // ©... More

Author's Note
Copyright
Prologue
The Final Twenty-Four | 1
The Final Twenty-Four | 2
The Final Twenty-Four | 3
The Final Twenty-Four | 4
The Final Twenty-Four | 5
The Final Twenty-Four | 6
The Final Twenty-Four | 7
The Final Twenty-Four | 9
The Final Twenty-Four | 10
The Final Twenty-Four | 11
The Final Twenty-Four | 12
The Final Twenty-Four | 13
The Final Twenty-Four | 14
The Final Twenty-Four | 15
The Final Twenty-Four | 16
The Final Twenty-Four | 17
The Final Twenty-Four | 18
The Final Twenty-Four | 19
The Final Twenty-Four | 20
The Final Twenty-Four | 21
The Final Twenty-Four | 22
The Final Twenty-Four | 23
The Final Twenty-Four | 24
The Final Twenty-Four | 25
The Final Twenty-Four | 26
The Final Twenty-Four | 27
BANG BANG
The Final Twenty-Four | 28
The Final Twenty-Four | 29
The Final Twenty-Four | 30
The Final Twenty-Four | 31
The Final Twenty-Four | 32
The Final Twenty-Four | 33
The Final Twenty-Four | 34
The Final Twenty-Four | 35
The Final Twenty-Four | 36
The Final Twenty-Four | 37
The Final Twenty-Four | 38
Epilogue
Thank You

The Final Twenty-Four | 8

256 40 231
By moonwalkbae

|Recap|

He glared at me.

"Well are you gonna-"

"Boy if you don't stop talking..."

"I just want to know what the hell is up with the harassment and what is it that you need to ask me?"

"Do you know anything about the City National Bank robbery?"

"What?" I questioned. Confused as to why he would randomly pull me over and ask if I know anything about a damn robbery that took place about a week ago.

[A/N: I would add in the schmoney dance again but I gotta stop playing so much lmao]

"Don't act like you didn't hear me with those big ears, and don't play dumb. Now I'm gonna ask you again. Do you know anything about the bank robbery at City National Bank?"

He kept a tight grip on his gun and I held on to mine too, just in case.

I licked my lips. "Nah. I don't know anything about that but I heard about it. It made headlining news," I lied.

"You heard huh?"

"That's what I said," I spat.

"Okay I'm just confused because word on the street is.. that you and two other young men robbed that bank."

"Hell no I didn't rob that bank," I lied again.

"Well that's what the word is."

"Really? How the hell did my name come up? That's what I want to know."

"Don't worry about how your name came up. Just know that we were told by certain people. Certain people that know you very well, hey I wouldn't use the term 'friend' so loosely."

I chuckled. "Well you can't believe everything that you hear. And what do you mean by using the word 'friend' loosely? Who snitched?"

"Don't worry about who snitched. Just know that we're trying our best to stop Los Angeles gang violence and somehow, your name came up. I mean, I hope you didn't rob that bank because you are going to be in some deep shit I promise you that."

"No I did not," I lied once more.

I can't believe he doesn't recognize me, which is actually a good thing. I have no idea of who's guilty of trying to set me up by snitching, all I know is certain people or maybe only one person pointed the finger at me.

And all I know is, that bitch Tomica better not have anything to do with it.

"I'll ask you one last time. Did you or did you not rob that bank? And the manager was shot in the thigh as well. You guys.. man you guys are going down for this," he laughed "I'd hate to be you right now."

"I didn't rob that bank. But do you mind telling me who this mystery person or people is? If you don't mind."

I don't give a damn about anything else at that moment. That includes working on this album, Cube leaving, and even Scooter's debt with Big Worm. I just want to know, who the hell ratted me out for robbing this damn bank? Because that's whose ass I'm gonna beat.

"Don't worry about who spilled the beans. Just remember to watch who you're close with and use the term 'friend' wisely."

"So somebody I'm close with snitched on me?"

"Yes. This person knows you very well and they turned you in as well as the other two young men you robbed with."

"That I did it? They told you I was one of the guys who robbed that bank?" I asked.

"You fit the description. A young, short, black man."

"The hell? There's plenty of young, short, black men in this city. And now all of a sudden this person who I'm close with decides to point the finger at me?"

"I'll ask you one last time. Did you rob that bank? And don't lie. It's a yes or no question."

I sighed and looked away. This is how you know I'm about to lie but the only people that knows are the ones who know me personally.

I just hope this doesn't come back to haunt me. I'm already in a lot of shit right now, I can't take anything else.

"I'm waiting," he said "did you or did you not rob that bank with two other young men?"

I took a deep breathe. "Nah. I didn't rob that bank. And I don't appreciate who ever this person is, for falsely accusing me. This is bullshit," I spat.

He smirked. "Alright, I'll take your word. And I apologize for accusing you as well. Now I don't know if you're lieing or not but I'll tell you this; if you're lieing, I guarantee it's gonna come back to bite you in the ass."

"I'm clean."

"Okay," he nodded "so you don't know anything about the robbery? Anything at all?"

I shook my head.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded.

"Okay. We'll see."

I turned my car back on and headed home. It's about one thirty in the morning and I have like six things to accomplish on my to-do list and I gotta get it done before the end of the day.

My first stop is home. It's been just another day in Compton and I gotta head back to Calabassas.

I checked my pager and noticed that I have like ten messages from Jerry and a few from Dre.

My pager is always on me. So if you feel that I'm ignoring you, best believe I am.

I turned on the radio and adjusted the volume because it's a little too quiet right now.

"That's when you opened up your heart and you told me to come in. Oh my love. A thousand kisses from you is never too much.
I just don't wanna stop oh my love. A million days in your arms is never too much. I just don't wanna stop.

Too much, never too much, never too much, never too much."

I changed the channel and decided to listen to my favorite station, K-Power.

"Motownphilly's back again, doing a little east coast swing. Boyz to Men going off, not too hard, not too soft.

It's long overdue but now Philly..."

As soon as I got home, I decided to watch Good Times just until I fall asleep. That show is like a stress reliever for me and it seems to be answer to some of my problems.

[A/N: I'm not sure if E watched Good Times in real life but this is a fanfic sooo]

"Come in."

"Hey Michael what's happening?"

"Oh it's you."

"Michael. Is that any way to talk to your beloved big brother and bunk buddy?"

"J. J. why dont you cut the jive. What you want?"

"Now Michael, I think it's time we have a brother to brother talk. Or to put it delicately, a talk about the birds and the bees."

"Well I have to study right now. I'll teach you about sex some other time okay?"

I felt myself dozing off so after this episode, I'm going to get some rest because I need it. It's been a long day and I just hope this robbery doesn't blow up in my face.

"At thirteen girls are just like comic books. Loaded with adventure. Easy to understand. And don't cost more than a quarter to take out."

                                           -
Ruthless Records

"Eric, you're two hours late," said Jerry.

I rolled my eyes. "I know. Look Jerry I had a long night, literally and I didn't get much sleep. I had to make myself get up, I skipped breakfast, then I had to meet with my assistant."

"That's thirty suicides for Dre, Yella, and Ren. And two hundred and fifty push-ups for you Eric."

"Are you serious?" Ren spat "man this is bullshit Jerry! All because of E's short ass?"

"Yeah we just finished the first batch of suicides and push-ups that you made us do. That shit is painful. I can barely feel my legs," said Yella.

"You can't feel your legs?" Dre asked "hell I can't feel my face!"

"What face?" I questioned while laughing.

He turned around in his swivel chair. "Oh I see Mr. Hairline has jokes. Until you edge that shit up, then you can talk. Hell, trying to call me ugly."

"No I didn't try, I did."

"The dwarf has spoken," Ren interrupted.

"Aye I heard some of Dre's verse for Appetite For Destruction and that shit was wack you feel me? I mean, the song would be so much better if my verse is first."

"Damn E why you hating so hard? First you come to the studio late and now you're hating on the song?"

"Guys!" Jerry interrupted.

"I'm just saying. I think we should make some adjustments to this song because right now, I smell a flop," I said while throwing my hands up.

"Well why don't you write this shit E? Oh wait, then we'll just be sitting here," Ren shrugged.

I got in his face. "What you trying to say I can't write? Is that what you're trying to say?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

"Come on man we go through this shit at every studio session," Yella said while stepping in between us "can't we all just get along?"

"That's sixty suicides for the whole group and Ren you get the priviledge of joining Eric with completing two hundred fifty push-ups as well."

"What?!" Yella shrieked.

"Do you want to join them Yella?"

"Jerry if you keep making me do suicides I'm going to end up committing homicide."

"Let's go. Get changed and meet me outside."

"Man thanks to the leprechaun from the hood," Ren spat.

-
"That appetite is tremendous, so I'm gonna spend this. Drop up some violence because they ax me to end this. Some trouble that I caught cause I was noisy. A nigga trying to take advantage because of the kamikaze."

I have a gut feeling that Ren or Dre ratted me out. I glared at them the entire time while working on this track.

"Alright Dre," said Jerry "let's hear part of your verse."

"While I ride to the rhythm of a pop. Remember the first nigga that runs is the first to get shot. Whoever said that what I say and portray is negativity need to come and kick it in the city with me."

"I like it," he nodded.

"It's aight," I spat.

He laughed. "The dwarf always has to throw his two cents in but can't write a verse to save his life. This shit is dope E. I see you're still mad because your verse is last."

"Guys you just finished suicides and push-ups. Don't make me throw in more because I will."

"Aye Dre," said Ren "play that Richard Pryor part again. I think that's the perfect transition from my verse to E's."

"Cops put a hurting on yo ass man you know. They really degrade you white folks don't believe that shit, they don't believe that cops degrade you."

"And then E comes in with check it out y'all, in the house y'all. I still have to finish the rest of his verse. And the track will be complete after that."

"Hurry up," I demanded while mugging him.

"Don't rush me you fucking midget," he spat.

"E you really need to chill. What the hell is your problem?" Yella asked.

"Whatever Ricky Ricardo," I spat.

"What the hell is your problem?" he laughed "you came in here with a chip on your shoulder."

"I just need to start using the term 'friend' wisely. That's all I'm going to say," I smirked.

Dre gave me an annoyed look and Ren went back to writing. It's going to be another long day in a hot ass studio.

We've been working on Appetite For Destruction for a long ass time and we're finally making progress. We're already outlining the video and we decided to take it back to the 1920's, that's going to be the theme.

"E I want you to recite some of your verse. This is what I have so far. I should have it finished by the end of this week."

I grabbed the paper and began to read it.

"So I can show and flow and let the people know. So won't you ease on down to the yellow brick road to Compton... It's alright," I said while lowering the paper.

"Nigga is you crazy?" he spat.

"I said it's alright. It can be better."

"Just mad cause you didn't get yo way like always."

"Aye have you heard from that bitch Tomica? I need to talk to her."

"Why you worried about Tax Dollars?" Yella laughed.

"Her name is Tomica," Dre corrected.

"Ain't that what a nigga said?"

"Nah fareal I need to ask her something."

"I can call New New and get her to contact you. But what's up? Why you worried about Tomica?" Ren asked.

"Don't think I'm trying to get with her or anything. I do want to be friends with benefits but I need to ask her something."

I felt my pager vibrate and it's from someone I don't recognize.

I glanced at it without responding and slid it back inside of my pocket.

"Mr. Wright," said my assistant "you have a phone call."

"From?"

"He didn't give a name. But he's on hold."

I grabbed the nearest phone and answered.

"Hello?"

"Is this Eric?"

"Who this?" I questioned.

"You don't recognize me? This Suge."

"The hell you calling my studio for? What you still trying to be our bodyguard?"

"This is about Scooter. Don't make me put some hot shit in his chest you feel me?"

"Aye you better stay the hell away from Scooter."

"Well tell him to come up with the money. I won't hurt him but Worm needs his money.
We good?"

"Yeah man whatever."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72K 3.1K 59
This is my first book and I wanted to dedicate it to Eazy-E & Aaliyah. This story will be similar to the "Straight Outta Compton" movie but it'll ha...
70.8K 5.3K 50
How did I fall in love with a Compton Boy? From NY to LA. A drama filled love story... Two worlds collide for better or worse... A story told. 𝐈𝐌𝐌...
30.2K 1.7K 84
{Copyright © 2018 All Rights Reserved} Book 4 of the S.O.C series♡ "Fewer friends, less drama." but is that true? Some people create their own storms...
470K 18.2K 90
𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓: you are going to die. does this worry you? ❪ tua s1 ⎯⎯⎯ 4 ❫ complete until s4 comes out! ©...