The Final Twenty-Four | 14

|Recap|

She grabbed her driver's manual and glared at me, before walking away.

"I got a question," I mumbled while following her "Tomica."

"What?!" she yelled.

"Just hear me out."

"I have nothing to say to you...stay away from me."

"Please? I'm not the type to beg but just hear me out. Let me explain."

"Oh I'm not worried about it anymore. Believe me, I moved on. I understand, you have more important things to worry about. You good, I get it," she smiled.

I rolled my eyes because a paparazzi slowly creeps on us.

"Oh don't worry about me," he chuckled while taking multiple pictures "you can call me 'Mr. Invisible'. Just pretend that you don't see me and that I don't exist."

I knocked the camera out of his hand. "I didn't come here for that, so get that damn camera out of my face."

"That wasn't nice," she scoffed.

"Look I came here to talk. And I'm not going anywhere until you let me explain myself."

"Alright," she sighed "you know the drill. You have one minute. After that, get ya ass up out of here and I don't wanna see you again."

"Why do you keep giving me one minute?"

She glanced at her watch. "Tick.. tick.. tick."

"Aight whatever. Look I just wanted to apologize. I'm sorry for disrespecting you and of course I'm sorry for standing you up. I honestly forgot about our date but it won't happen again I promise."

She scoffed. "Why do you keep apologizing? And I know you're sorry, you're always sorry!"

"What?"

"Don't act like you didn't hear me with those big ass ears!"

"The fuck you say bitch?" I spat.

"Boy you heard damn well what I said!"

"Is there a problem?" a security guard asked after approaching us.

"Everything is alright," she said then gave me her attention again "why are you here again? To show your face like you're a Saint or a good person?"

"I came here because I am a good person," I smiled "and I'm just trying to be a gentleman and apologize. It takes a real man to do that."

"No why are you really apologizing? You still trying to get at me? It doesn't work like that Eric. You can't just call me out of my name, holler at me, set up a date, stand me up, and expect me to forgive you?"

"First of all I wouldn't call it a date. I just wanted to hang out as friends, remember? Just two friends chilling."

"As friends," she mocked while smirking "whatever, I'm done with this conversation and I have work to do on top of teaching myself how to drive."