The Final Twenty-Four | 23

|Recap|

I shook my head. "Whatever man. You can stop giving me advice as of now. I'm not doing it so you're gonna have to find somebody to replace me. I'm out, thanks for wasting my time."

"Eric I am a very powerful man. I would hate to make a few phone calls."

I stopped in my tracks. "What? You trying to threaten me?"

"Remember this; you better watch your back. Because you never know..."

Does he call himself trying to threaten me? I still think there's something strange about this guy. I just have a gut feeling that I've seen him somewhere because he looks so familiar.

And the fact that Lucky randomly pages me out the blue just so I can meet him is also fishy.

Everything doesn't make sense. This whole situation with Henry isn't adding up. Why the hell does he want me to kill someone? Me of all people?

I'm just so confused right now. The year is ending, I still have an album to complete and release, and now I have to deal with Dre and his bullshit.

I glared at him. "What, so you threatening me now huh? That's what you're doing? Just because I'm too smart to get mixed up in this shit?"

"Threatening you?" he laughed "you think I'm threatening you? Is that what I'm doing?"

"Like I said... I'm not doing it. Find somebody else."

"E just hear him out," Scooter added.

"No Scooter let him go. But Eric you should really listen carefully because I know what I'm talking about. In these streets, you better watch your back.. because you never know who to trust and who not to trust."

I raised a brow. "What are you saying? You being funny now? I know not to trust no damn body. One of my so called homies ratted me out to LAPD, I get it."

"But this groupie bitch shows up and somehow she has you whipped. So that's how it is? That's how you do us? We've known you longer Eric, you fake," Scooter chuckled.

"Look me and Tomica are just friends. Just let it go. She's in my life now and that's the way it's gonna be."

"Eric I'm gonna offer you the job one last time. All you gotta do is take someone out, just one person. I'm not asking you to kill the whole state of California."

"No.. the answer is no," I scoffed.

"Come on E," said Lucky "it's sixty grand. And you won't do it alone. Scooter and I will be right there with you."

"Hell you don't have to pull trigger if you don't want to. I'll be glad to do it," Scooter added.

I chuckled. "So.. if you're going to pull the trigger, why do you need me? To set me up just so I can get arrested while you get away with it like the jewelry store robbery?"

He rolled his eyes. "Look E that wasn't even a setup. Shit, I'm sorry man. I didn't mean for you to get arrested but please believe, they're still looking for my ass. And Jerry bailed you out so you good."