Epilogue

|Recap|

The guards transferred me to the death house, which is the last and final step before I get executed.

The biggest fight of my life, death row.

"Let's go Wright. This is the final twenty-four hours of your life," he spat.

24:00:00

Right when I opened my eyes, I realized that it's time to begin the countdown. The final twenty-four hours until my execution.

A week after Tomica and I got married, and it was an emergency wedding because now is the time to get down to business. I know that I need to hand everything to her, including my company. When you're near death in any way, you wake up and realize that you need to get your house in order and fast. Just like what my grandma used to say.

And now is the time to get my house in order.

For some strange reason, it feels like I've been in a coma or a deep sleep because when I woke up in my suite, I didn't know where the hell I was. Everything looked and felt so different, the environment. I had to blink a couple of times just to snap back into reality.

I spent the rest of my sentence in a private suite courtesy of Thomas. I had bad vibes about the guy when I first met him but once we got to know each other, he looked out for me and I can't think him enough.

As well as my fans. They've fought their asses off for me. For the past two weeks, they have stood in front of the prison gate screaming and yelling at the guards, demanding them to free me and send me home.

The year is 1995 and I honestly can't remember everything that happened in 1990 or 1992. Everything is a blur, all I know is I'm about to pay for it.

Tomica wrote me a couple of days ago just to tell me that she almost lost the baby due to stress and frustration.

She can't have a miscarriage. Not when I made her promise me that she wouldn't lose the baby in any way or sell my company. I'm thankful and blessed that the guards gave me permission to knock her up again, I just want to make sure I leave a piece of me on this world.

But Tomica Woods-Wright is my world. Always have been and always will be.

I held on to my wedding ring. Back in 1990, I didn't see myself marrying this girl. As a matter of fact, I hated her.

I received thousands of letters as usual and read a big majority of them. Even though my execution is twenty-four hours away, my fans are still trying to fight for me.

My eyes began to water and my lips started to tremble. Next thing I know, it happened. But, there's nothing wrong with crying.

I've had this balled up in me since 1992. These are tears of anger, confusion, and frustration. But I know that God has something in store for me on the other side.

Heaven's on the other side, is what my grandma used to always say.

My house is in order, well at least I think it is. I've written my last and final statement to my fans in which I requested Sweeney to read to them after my death. I married the love of my life and knocked her up for the second time, I've said my final goodbyes to my family and friends.