The Final Twenty-Four | 27

This is the final chapter of the first half of the story. Nigga we made it 😁

And since this is the end of the first half, this chapter will not be as long as the rest of the chapters. I always write at least 2,000 words but this chapter will be the shortest chapter.

The next chapter is "BANG BANG" which will be published tomorrow or the day after.

After that, I can begin writing the second half of the story.

                                   |Recap|

"What?" I spat "no Tomica, what are you saying? I tracked them down and I killed 'em. They were driving a black truck."

"With a sunroof? According to the police report and witnesses, the truck has a sunroof."

My face dropped. "Wait a minute..."

"Eric! You killed the wrong people!" she yelled.

"Just tell the whole fucking world Tomica."

"No. No you didn't just kill two innocent people. Eric.. I can't believe you."

"So if the ones I killed were innocent then.. who killed Lucky?"

One week later
Los Angeles, CA

We buried Lucky three days after his passing. Turns out he was shot five times and according to witnesses, they aimed directly at him; which makes me believe that it was a setup.

I chased down and killed two innocent people the night he was killed.

"P-please don't hurt me. Please! I didn't do anything wrong! Don't kill me please!"

"My friend didn't do anything wrong either. He didn't deserve to get hurt or killed."

"W-what are you.. what are you talking about? I have no idea what you're talking about! Just give me a chance please! I'm innocent!"

"Did you give Lucky a chance?"

"I-I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know a Lucky. Please don't kill me man please."

"Please... don't kill me."

I still remember his last word.. well words. I believe he was trying to tell me something.

I know for a fact, he had something very important to tell me that night... but he took his last breathe before he could finish his sentence.

What the hell was he trying to tell me? I don't know. How would anyone know? He's gone and it still feels like a bad dream.

I promised myself that I would leave this life alone. This gangsta life, because I don't want to end up like my cousin. Nah.. I won't end up like my cousin.

Scooter and I have gotten close after Lucky's passing. I'm glad he's paying off his debt. And I hope that Lucky's death will teach him a lesson.

Life is too damn short and I hope and pray that Scooter grows the hell up and turns his life around.

I recently showered Lucky's grave with flowers. He always looked out for me and Scooter. He was like a brother to us.