The Final Twenty-Four | 38

|Recap|

He sighed. "E I know shit is fucked up right now but don't give up. You have fans out in these protesting just for you to come home. And I'm down with an NWA reunion if you are. And if Dre is with it, I'm with it."

I nodded.

"One more thing, now I don't know your relationship with dude but if you want to do this and if you want me to be there, Jerry gotta go."

"Man whatever," I scoffed "but I hear you."

March 14, 1995

"And one of the top leading stories in celebrity news is that one of the pioneers of gangster rap, is currently being incarcerated at San Quentin State Prison here in the state of California. Eric 'Eazy-E' Wright has been on death row since 1992. The rapper as well as his fans and family believe that this was a mistake and that he should not get executed due to self defense."

"You're watching KTLA News, home of celebrity news and gossip. The leading story in Hollywood is that one of the pioneers of gangsta rap and leader of the rap group N.W.A, has revealed his scheduled execution date which is March 26, 1995."

"Eazy-E also known as Eric Wright, was charged with first degree murder back in 1992. The rapper was sentenced to death by lethal injection. His execution date is only twelve days away. The rapper has received more than seven thousand calls."

"Eazy's girlfriend Tomica has confirmed her second pregnancy with the NWA rapper. Woods is now three months pregnant according to celebrity news."

"I'm sorry," I apologized once again. All I can do at the moment is apologize. Not just to Tomica but to my mom, fans, and the rest of my family.

"Eric.. how many times are you going to apologize? You just keep apologizing and apologizing. W-what do you expect me to say? Seriously?"

"Let me make this right," I muttered "I know you want our wedding a certain way. And I know you want to wear a pretty white dress but we need to think realistically right now."

She shook her head while tears streamed down her cheeks. "I already know where this is going," she mumbled "I-I can't do this."

"Just let me make this right, please. The only reason why I'm sane right now even though I should probably be screaming, is because you healthy.. and the baby healthy."

"Yeah," she mumbled while another tear dropped.

"You need to marry me, because I'm not gonna make it through. I want you in charge of everything. My estate, my music, record label, everything."

"I'm sorry wait what? Eric how are we gonna get married? And where? I don't want this... I just want you to come home. That's all I want, more than anything. I am sick and tired of visiting you in prison."

"Do you love me?" I asked.

"Of course."

"Alright, well do this for me. Marry me, please. I don't have long and I want to spend my last few days on Earth as your husband."

A tear fell from her left eye. "Okay. But I just... I just want you to know that I love you and I don't want n-none of this. I don't want anything I just, I just w-want you to be here."

She had a hard time speaking and pronouncing her words. As soon as she began to cry and covered her face in her hands, I felt my eyes watering as well.