aLOVEthing

By nikkitynaakks

"Can't seem to get you off my mind / Thinking 'bout you all the time / Contemplating if I should take this ri... More

prologue | uncertainty
one | alone time
two | excuse me, miss
three | the wallet's lifesaver
four | the one w/ korean bbq
five | snapchat stories
six | emptiness
author's note
seven | flashing lights
eight | whiskey & coke
nine | comfortable
ten | confident wardell
eleven | fun & games
twelve | god's got it
thirteen | the avenger
fourteen | warmth
fifteen | tangled
sixteen | jomari's promise
seventeen | apologies & surprises
eighteen | a diamond celebration
nineteen | one dance
twenty | the best policy
twenty one | meet & greets
twenty two | yes and no
twenty three | together
twenty four | another round
twenty five | better days
twenty six | good love
twenty seven | that & then some
twenty eight | ice cream
twenty nine | another goodbye
thirty | 21 questions
thirty one | pep in the step
thirty two | destination: BC
a/n: sneak peeks
thirty three | my lucky run
thirty four | cheers
thirty six | dreams
thirty seven | sunsets
thirty eight | home
ALTERNATE ENDING | chef curry

thirty five | amongst the chaos

769 31 9
By nikkitynaakks

"How was ya'lls weekend get away with the family?" Draymond asked the two as he plopped his feet up onto the coffee table.

"Great." Heart said as she finished packing up some food and fixing her purse.

"Yeah, it was a ton of fun. It was good to spend some quality time with them since we don't get to be together often. It's also nice to get away from such a busy schedule for a little."

"Why you didn't invite me to the ol' BC? I'm family."

"You are, but it was a little exclusive. Sorry man." Steph chuckled.

"Oops. Well, I need to get to the show. Traffic looks a little bad." Heart said as she checked the map on her phone and gathered her things.

"Is it in the city?"

"Yeah it is."

"Becareful out there babygirl, they got those protests getting a little out of hand."

"I'll be fine, Wardell." She smiled from ear to ear. "Thank you. I'll see you two later?"

"Yes, you will. Cause I don't plan on doing anything but sitting my ass here to beat Steph in some 2k." Heart chuckled as Stephen quickly made his way over to her for a quick kiss. As he closed the door shut, he leaned against the wall and took a breath as he smiled to himself. "You look crazy." Dray said.

"I'm sorry. She still has mesmerized up until this day. Now that's crazy."

"Yeah but's also a good thing. That's when you know she's the one."

"Yup. She is."

"Sheesh, where I find myself a duplicate of that girl?"

"Nowhere because there's no one else like her." Steph smiled as he wiggled his eyebrows. "Shame isn't it?"

"Yeah, yeah."

"You just have to be patient. She'll come along."

"She can come along now. I don't know what she's waitin' for."

"Maybe she's waiting for you to stop accidentally posting your peewee on your Snapchat story."

"Peewee? Penis, Stephen. Say it loud and clear. You a man."

"No. That's besides the point."

"Man, I really accidentally posted it, alright? Pick your team before I start whoopin' ya ass and the game ain't even start yet." Stephen sighed and shook his head.

"Dray, I don't know. Something doesn't feel right about today." He said as he began to put together his team.

"Why do you say that?"

"Something just feels off. I feel like something's going to happen."

"Well if you think that way--"

"But you know what I'm saying right? Do you ever get that feeling when something just doesn't feel right but you don't know what it is?"

"Yeah, but it doesn't necessarily mean something bad is bound to happen. Maybe you just needa shake it off and clear your head."

"Maybe." He shook his head once more and continued to focus on the TV in front of him. "Whatever." He muttered under his breath, hoping he could shake off the negativity he was feeling and move on with his day.

As the day quickly went on, Draymond and Stephen found themselves getting lost in 2k. They couldn't even remember how many rounds they've gone - especially since Draymond continuously asked for rematches. Steph forgot about the negativity he was feeling but the thought still lingered in his mind.

He couldn't pinpoint it.

If he was given a map to find out what exactly it was, he wouldn't be able to tell you.

He couldn't even tell himself.

He just wished the feeling would pass.

"Man! How the hell I lose again?!"

"Maybe you just need to give it a rest-"

"Maybe YOU just need to give it a rest with your Monstars Team head-ass!"

"I didn't even choose anybody special. Maybe I just got the handles on the controller too."

"Handles with the controller.." Dray rolled his eyes. "Watch me handle yo' ass one day." Steph laughed as he shut off the game, the channel revealing the afternoon news. The two scrunched their foreheads as the red, bold "Breaking News" sign came up on the TV.

Stephen swallowed the lump in his throat.

"The protests in San Francisco have become chaotic. Many companies are on lock down for gunmen on the loose--" Was the only thing he was able to catch from the reporter.

It was really the only thing he needed to hear.

"Yo, isn't Heart there--"

"Yeah, she is." Stephen quickly picked up his phone and dialed her number. He felt nauseous as the phone continued to ring.

And ring.

And ring.

"Hello?" She answered quietly. He felt relieved hearing her voice. & How quiet it seemed in the background.

"Hey baby, I just heard about the chaos on the news. Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah." She responded, sounding distracted. "Um, everything's fine." He couldn't help but worry once more as he heard how shaky her voice was.

She was scared.

Something wasn't right.

"Are you sure, baby? Why do you sound like that? Do you need me to--"

"Wardell." She said almost at a whisper. "I have to go. We're on lock right now, but everything's fine okay? I love you."

"I love you too sweetheart, but.. are you sure you're alright?" But her voice wasn't what responded on the other line.

It was the dial tone.

"Is she good? Do we need to roll up in there--"

"Dray, I don't know. She said everything was fine but she sounded scared. Kind of like she almost had the same feeling as I did earlier. Well.. now it's pretty much back, so."

"I mean it's getting pretty wild down there. Of course she's gonna be scared. But I think she'll be fine."

"I don't know--"

"Where positive Steph at? She'll be cool, bruh. Don't worry about it. I'm sure they safe somewhere and locked up. The police already there on the hunt." Dray responded as he continued to watch the TV. They continued to watch in silence, making sure they weren't missing anything. The camera quickly turned towards the Embarcadero, along the pier, where the fashion show was hosted. Steph's eyes widened as Dray moved up from his seat, observing the ambulances that were making their way towards the casualties.

"Draymond.."

"Steph, please. Don't jump to conclusions."

Five dead, multiple injuries.

"Oh God, no. Please, not Heart." Stephen said as he stood up with his hands over his head, unsure of how to feel watching the TV. He picked up the phone and dialed her number, only to find out her phone was dead. "No, no no!" He repeated. "Fuck! God please--"

"Come on, let's go! We gotta get to her, I don't care if we needa step onto that scene, man." Draymond yelled. The two ran out to Draymond's car and quickly sped off. Stephen couldn't hold back his tears seeing the chaos that erupted in Downtown San Francisco.

This was the uneasy feeling that was keeping him from being positive all day long.

"She gon' be alright, bruh. She gon' be alright. We'll get to her and everything will be just fine." Draymond repeated as he tried to keep calm, his sweaty palms having trouble gripping onto the steering wheel. Heart became like a sister to him, and he hated thinking about the possibilities right now.

Not after everything she's been through.

Draymond has never driven as fast as he did before, but he knew he needed to get them there. The streets were blocked off a couple of blocks before the shooting took place, making Dray park to the side so the two could run up to Pier 15.

"Sir, please get back. You are not allowed--"

"Sir, I'm sorry, but I'm looking for my fiance, can you please help me?"

"We're doing what we can--"

"Have you seen her? Please tell me you've seen her!" Steph's voice rose.

"Aye, aye." Draymond put his hands on Steph's shoulder to calm him down a bit. "Sir, please. If you know anything about a Ms. Heart Dawson, we'd appreciate it. We just need to know if she's okay."

"I understand, but we don't have much information while we're still covering the area and taking care of everyone here-"

"H-heart?" Steph's eyes widened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 4.2K 47
"I'm seeing the pain, seeing the pleasure / Nobody but you, 'body but me, 'body but us / Bodies together / I'd love to hold you close, tonight and al...
54.9K 938 35
Amari hates Stephen from something that happened a while ago but then gets stuck in a publicity stunt to help her career. Find out what happens when...
34.9K 829 21
A secret from Lauren Hill-Thompson's past comes back to her at an unexpected time. Relationships and trust will be put to the test. But wait, you did...
96K 1.8K 64
They have known each other since they were little. There parents have been friends since before they could remember. And they were neighbors. But the...