nineteen | one dance

As the days went on, Heart couldn't be any more happier to be situated back home, back in the Bay & with her loved ones. She took quite awhile to talk to Christen and Dom about everything & see where things could end up, but she also took most of her time to catch up with Logan and spend time with her baby boy.

Although she seemed like she had a good grip on everything, things still replayed in her head in the form of nightmares. She didn't want to tell Stephen to worry him, nor did she want to make it seem like a big deal.

All she wanted was to push through it all & move on with her life. Without Steph, a huge part of the process wouldn't be possible.

There was no possible way she could ever take this man for granted again.

"Wardell, I'm scared." Heart slowed her pace behind him.

"Scared of what, sweetheart? The doctor is just going to make sure you're okay."

"I don't want to deal with any doctors right now."

"Well it's my job to take care of you & make sure you're okay, so yes. We have to deal with doctors right now."

"It's not too late to leave.." Stephen chuckled.

"Jeez, babygirl. You'll be okay. I'll be right here if you need me."

"Ugh." She said grumpily as she folded her arms like a child.

"Hey, this is for your own good, grumpy pants." Steph chuckled as he pinched her cheek. Sooner or later, the assistant called for Heart, making her grow anxious to get the whole visit over with. She was positive she felt fine and that she was good to continue on with her life.

But as Steph says, it was only for her own good.

She dressed herself into a gown the medical assistant left her with and sat quietly as she waited for the doctor to come in. She felt her palms getting sweaty being confined in a room that she didn't want to be in, with thoughts consuming every inch of her.

What if she never recovered from the incident?

"Hey, Heart. How are you doing?"

"Fine." She bluntly said. Moreso because she was afraid to give any details to the doctor.

"How about we take a deeper look?" She said, making Heart nodd slowly. She allowed the doctor to continue with the physical, making her even more uncomfortable than she was.

Also, slightly annoyed that she continuously kept asking if it was okay for her to do certain things during the check up.

It made her feel like she wasn't fine when she wanted to believe she was.

"Well it seems like everything's fine. Your body recovered well from the incident, and there doesn't seem to be anything that should heed warning."

"Uhm, okay. Cool. So can I go now?"

"Not quite. I do have to ask, how have you been feeling lately?"

"Why is that a question? I've been fine.."

"Well, it's just a precaution after what happened."