eleven | fun & games

"Jordan, can you please be honest with me?"

"What's wrong?"

"Did you really instigate the fight and tell Stephen all those things?"

"Tell him what?"

"That I didn't want to go home anytime soon & that you felt like I deserved somebody better than him. He gave me everything, if anything, he deserved better than me. There was a lot about our relationship that you didn't know about."

"What?! No. Why would I do that? He just got mad and came at me. He didn't like us being good friends and all that. I never threw the first hit."

~

Heart looked at herself in the mirror as she closed her lips together to evenly spread the lipstick she just applied. Just as she had timed it correctly, Jordan had texted her letting her know he was outside of her apartment.

She smiled a bit to herself but let out a breath before retrieving her belongings. The weeks haven't been easy for Heart, especially knowing that her and Stephen weren't going to be the same after how things went down.

Yes, she knows it was on her & it sinks in slowly day by day.

But it is what it is. Down the road, maybe, things could work out.

Jordan's been good at being by her side. At least, that's what it seemed like.

"Hey gorgeous." He said as she got into the car. They were headed to Jordan's friend's birthday bash at a popular club near the Beverly Hills area.

"Hey." She smiled at him.

"You ready for tonight?"

"I don't know. I haven't partied in awhile, to be honest. I've just been too busy." She checked herself in the compact mirror she carried in her bag once more before turning her attention towards him.

"Well, that's why I'm here. To give you a little breather from all the hardwork you've been putting in."

"Are all your friends going to be there?"

"Yeah. I grew up with all of them." She slightly frowned.

"I'm going to feel so out of place. Are you sure you want me to go?" She chuckled nervously.

"Why not? You don't wanna meet my friends?" He joked. "You'll be fine. They'll love you."

"If you say so." She shrugged. Jordan winked at her before placing his hand on her thigh. The rest of the ride was silent until the surroundings all of a sudden became busy with bright lights and people flooding the sidewalks. "Is this.. for your friend?"

"Yeah, Kevin's pretty popular. Come on ma, quit trippin'. You'll get along just fine with everybody. They'll love a fresh face, anyways." He chuckled. He quickly pulled into valet, throwing the keys to the attendant. As Heart stepped out of the car, she heard Jordan's name being called by many, instantly making him a popular guy. Across the street from the club was the hotel Jordan and everybody would be staying at so nobody would have to drive home.

Heart had an iffy feeling about the whole night, but she needed to get out.

Entering the club, she immediately met his friends and the birthday boy through a couple of shots being thrown their way. She was a bit intimidated and overwhelmed, but as the liquor seeped in, she felt herself ease up. A couple of girls eyed her, but she could care less. She didn't care about what people thought at the moment.

She just felt free.

She danced the night away with Jordan and his friends around her. But the more Jordan got drunk, the more he tried to push himself on her and it was becoming a bit much.

"Come here." He laughed as he pulled her close. He held onto her hands before wrapping his arms around her. She gently tugged away at his arms as he planted small kisses along her temple and cheek.

"Jordan." She said as she tried to ease her way out of his grip.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing. I just need a little space."

"What? Space for what?" He said, his tone rising a bit. His friends started to take notice but Heart kept her composure.

"It's getting a little hot." Jordan laughed.

"Oh, right. Like you." Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Stephen would have never complimented her like that - drunk or sober.

"No." She said under her breath. Before she knew it, Jordan planted his lips onto hers, making her jump back a bit.

"Aw, come on, ma." He tried tugging onto her arms, but she broke away from his grip.

"Uh, I just need to head to the bathroom." Heart shoved her drink against his chest and quickly left the scene to get a little breather. Time seemed to be going to slowly and she was regretting being here. She was praying he'd get into his senses by the time she was back.

Who was she kidding?

Every wave of regret hit her so quickly that she had to look up to prevent the tears from escaping her eyes. This wasn't right. If she hadn't been so dumb defending Jordan she wouldn't be here nor be in this position.

Steph-less.

"Ayo, wassup with ol' girl?" Kevin, the birthday boy and Jordan's best friend, tapped him against the chest as he nodded towards the bathroom.

"Man, I don't fuckin' know. She buggin."

"She ain't let you hit, yet?"

"Kev, come on."

"I know you really not fallin' for this girl." Kevin laughed. "We talked about this. You slippin' out of our bet?"

"Nah." Jordan sucked his teeth. "I got her." He flashed the baggy before slipping the drugs into her drink. Kevin and Jordan's other friends laughed and nodded, approving of his actions. Knowing where this would all lead.

Besides, it was all fun & games for them. This is how they played.

Getting back to his boys, Jordan seemed rather fine. It kind of gave Heart a little bit of relief as she took her drink back and smiled back at him.

"I'm sorry about earlier, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good." She said as she sipped her drink.

"Drink up, we're getting another round of shots soon." He winked as he put his arm around her. Sooner or later, the room began to spin uncontrollably and Heart was no longer in control of her actions.

She remembered Jomari's smile.

She remembered Stephen's kisses.

She remembered every good thing she's encountered before coming to LA before everything went black.

"I love you, Heart." He kissed her forehead. "You know I love you more than anything. You're everything to me."

~

(Exchange - Bryson Tiller)

i mean.. are ya'll ready or are ya'll ready for what's about to go down? 😈
btw, the nxt chapter for 'stay around' should be up sometime this week. tweakin a few things!

love you guys ✨