ten | confident wardell

"Aye." Klay said almost at a whisper as he gently shoved Draymond to the side.

"Aye what?"

"Do you really think this is a good idea?"

"Man, that question coming from you is a little debatable. Especially with the shit you pulled."

"Okay I get that, but aren't we supposed to help him with the whole Heart situation & not make it worse?"

"Who said this is making it worse?" Klay stood there silently before quickly looking at Steph, then back at Draymond. "Exactly. The man just needs to get his mind off of things before he tries to figure things out. Let him learn to miss her and vice versa."

"I guess."

"I guess." Draymond mocked him. "Go on witcho ol' I guess ass."

"You just want to go to see some ass and titties."

"Ass and titties." He mocked him once again. "Why do you say it like that? You sound like it's burning the hell outta your tongue to say some freaky shit."

"Stop mocking me."

"Whatever. And yes, I do want to see some ass and titties. But mainly to get Steph out of the house."

"Alright then." Klay shrugged in defeat.

"Sometimes you just need a little breather, Klay." Draymond said as he walked over to Steph, who was rolling up his sleeves while looking at himself in the mirror. "Looking clean, sir."

"Thanks. I haven't cleaned up in awhile, so it feels pretty good."

"I bet. You ready?"

"Yeah." He looked at his bestfriends as they both nodded in approval before heading out.

Weeks and weeks passed, leaving a whole other month to pass by with a quickness. After Stephen left, the two hadn't spoken much and he pretty much figured they were done. He was tired of putting in effort and he no longer saw himself fighting for something if the other didn't want to put in the same kind of energy. He knew Heart was busy with work and distracted by Jordan, which hurt him the most. But it also made it easier for him to let it be and let time handle its course. He loved her more than anything, but their relationship had to be a two-way street.

She didn't seem to feel the same anymore and he was only hurting himself in the process.

So, Stephen decided to pick himself up, clean himself up and head out with his boys for what seems like the first time in forever.

Although it brought back memories, he felt like he needed to hit up another strip club to gain his confidence back.

Deep into the city, they found themselves in one of the most popular strip joints. The security guards nodded as they moved aside to let the three, highly sought out Warriors walk in. They were immediately welcomed by a hostess, who then brought them to a table already prepared with a bottle of Jameson on ice. Draymond wasted no time pouring shots for him and the other two, dedicating their cheers to a good and unforgettable season.

And to the women that were gracing them with their presence tonight.

Feeling the alcohol seeping through his blood stream, his vision blurred as he tried to stand and walk towards the private show area. Heart's face began to occupy his mind once again and he wasn't going to lie, he missed her. But he pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head to rid him of these thoughts before sitting on the chair in front of him.