thirty | 21 questions

"Are you ready?" Klay asked as he smiled at Stephen.

"I've been waiting for this, Klay. I can't tell you how excited I am to make that girl my wife. I can't live without her."

~

As time went on, things seemed to be falling back into routine for the couple. Stephen was able to nurse his ankle back to health in order for him to be ready for the season that was approaching rather quickly. &, Heart got back on her feet after the passing of her aunt, regularly attending school and work.

Before the season could begin & take over Steph's life once more, he figured he needed to ask his lady to be his forever more and plan the wedding. He remembers Heart clearly saying she wanted a small wedding.

A cute, small wedding.

A cute, "first dance under some string lights surrounded by nature like Twilight or A Cinderella Story" wedding.

He was ready.

Without saying much to her throughout the day, he prepared for the big moment & made sure everything was where it needed to be and how it needed to be. Of course, Heart wondered where he was and why he had been so MIA all day, but she also understood that sometimes, you just get busy. She wasn't going to question it because one, it's Stephen.

And two, it's Stephen. 

She sighed as she walked down the halls and into Christen's office. "What's wrong?" Christen tilted her head to the side as she examined Heart's body language as she continued to look down at her phone.

"It's just, Stephen's been so busy all day that I'm not really sure what he's doing anymore." Heart chuckled as she kept her eyes on her phone. Christen silently smirked as she knew what that boy was up to, but she had to keep her mouth shout until further notice. 

"I'm sure he's just busy with the team, don't worry about it Heart."

"You're right." She nodded before she looked up to meet Christen's eyes. "Did you need me for something?"

"Yeah, actually I did. I need you to head to the 'High Fashion' showcase down by SOMA. They just need some extra hands on deck. You'll be all free to go when they're done with you." She smiled as she saw the glow in Heart's eyes.

"Oh shoot, yeah I can do that. That'd be fun." She squealed in excitement.

"I knew I could count on you. Thank you, Heart."

"No problem. I'll see you later." Heart winked as she left the office. Beyond excited to help out with more fashion shows, she ran to her car and happily drove off to her destination. She wasn't too far out, but getting around the city at this time, she wasn't sure if she'd make it there right away. She turned up the radio and sang along to the songs that came on, occasionally looking left & right, seeing people looking at her weird at the stoplights.

But frankly, she could care less.

She was in a rather good mood even though she hadn't heart much from her man. She knew once she was home, he'd be all hers and that's all that mattered. 

Nothing beats getting chances that'll bring you a step closer to your dreams. 

Finally getting to the venue, she found that the parking garage was rather empty. And that there were barely any people around.

"I guess I'm earlier than I thought." She said to herself as she looked at her watch. She shrugged it off as she made her way to the elevator and took it up to the main floor. She opened the doors with a huge smile, only to see an empty venue.