eighteen | a diamond celebration

Heart tapped her wrist against the machine and gave the woman a big smile before eyeing the surroundings that stood before her.

"Welcome to Disneyland, babygirl." Stephen said as he wrapped an arm around her waist. planting a kiss on her temple. She shrieked in joy as she grabbed his hand to head closer towards the castle.

"Let's get a picture here, Wardell." She smiled as she turned to face him. He chuckled as he scratched the back of his head before calling over a worker to help take their picture. The worker complimented the two as she tried to keep her fangirl moment under control, which made Stephen laugh a bit in her face.

But he appreciated the help & kindness.

"You're not ready for Star Wars or Space Mountain. Which one do you want to tackle first?"

"Let's go to Star Wars since it's right here." Heart said, already leading herself into the attraction. Steph chuckled at her ooh's and aw's as they walked deeper into the attraction.

He knew he was going to get a lot of those today.

Heart put on her 3D glasses as she sat at the very end of the last row. Stephen buckled up his seat belt and pretended to scare her as the lights dimmed.

"Wardell!" She said, playfully hitting the man who was dying from laughter. Sooner or later, the ride had started, and Stephen couldn't contain his laughter watching his girl scream along with the kids in the ride. He was absolutely in tears and she couldn't decide if she wanted to scream or laugh along.

"I think you were the loudest one in there, baby." He said, still dying from laughter as they stepped outside.

"I hate you so much. I wasn't the only one screaming that loud, okay?"

"Alright, alright. I mean, do you really want to get on Space Mountain then?"

"I know about this ride. Boy, please. Ask yourself that." She said, leaving him to walk up the ramp that lead them to the Space Mountain attraction.

"Oh, sassy pants are we?"

"I'm more than capable of riding this, thank you very much."

"Just don't want my baby to be scared." He pinched her cheek. They silently made their way deeper into the attraction, with Heart gripping onto his hand tighter and tighter the closer they got. "What's wrong? You're about to cut off my circulation." Steph chuckled.

"Nothing." She smiled nervously. She hated rollercoasters. No matter how high, or how low they were. And this was one in the dark? Nope, maybe not. But it was too late. 

"You're scared, aren't you?"

"I'm fine!" Her eyes slightly widened as their car arrived right before them.

"Alright then. Go ahead, Princess." He said sarcastically as he smiled and waited for her to board their car. She smiled and rolled her eyes as she sat on the uncomfortable seat and placed her belongings in the pouch in front of her. The workers pressed down on the safety bar before allowing the ride to carry them into the dark. Stephen started to scream before the ride really began to take off, making Heart a bit nervous. 

Yet all she could do was laugh and hold onto Stephen as hard as she can.

When the ride finally took off into the dark, Steph began to scream louder and louder, building the intensity of the ride just to scare Heart a bit. She began to laugh in between screams, leaving herself out of breath.

"I want to get off! I want to get off! Somebody help me! Call the popos!" 

"Wardell!" She screamed as she began to laugh.