thirty four | cheers

After a long day of exploring more of the wilderness & whatever else Whistler had to offer, Stephen laid back on the bed with his hands behind his head. Heart comfortably laid her head on his chest as she listened to his heartbeat.

That always reminded her of why she was so in love with this man.

His pure, beating heart.

"So, did you have fun here?" Steph quietly asked as he began to softly stroke her hair. She gently nodded as she tightened her grip on his shirt, continuing to listen to his heartbeat.

"Yes I did. I don't really want to leave to be honest."

"I know how you feel, babygirl. It's a great way to get away from the city life and how busy it always is."

"I know. It's a very refreshing feeling."

"We can always come back." He chuckled.

"I'd love to."

"Soon. We have business to take care of. Like, you know, a wedding to get to." He said excitedly, feeling butterflies just thinking about the day that was soon to arrive.

"Hm, yeah." Heart softly chuckled. " I'd love to get back to those wedding plans, too."

"Or, we can just get married now and get it over with." She laughed.

"Silly. You need to be patient. Good things take time."

"Ah, but great things happen spontaneously."

"You're too much."

"Hey guys, it's time to start getting ready for dinner!" Sonya yelled in the hallway. "Your father and I are getting hungry. Especially him, he's getting a little moody. We need to make moves soon!" Steph shook his head as he looked down at his fiance and gently rubbed her head before sitting up.

"You ready, sweetheart? Seems like dad is a little hangry out there." He laughed as he scratched his head.

"Yeah, I am. Can't blame him, though. It's been a long day and I'm getting pretty hungry too."

"Uh oh. Can't have two of you hangry. We gotta go." Steph said as he quickly made his way to the door and shot it open, revealing his family gathering in the hallway & ready to make their way out the door. Sydel and Heart were immediately glued to the hip as Steph, per usual, walked behind the two.

Although he acted like it wasn't much, he loved seeing Heart build such a deep and genuine relationships with his siblings and his parents.

It meant the world to him and that's how he knew: he was really ready to spend the rest of his life with her.

Walking down the strip near the lodge, Stephen took one last chance to really take in the beautiful sight of Whistler and its surroundings.

He really took advantage of that fresh air while he was here.

"Ah, Mr. Curry, it's a pleasure to see you and the family. Please, come this way." The host grabbed the somewhat, heavy-looking, fancy menus and headed towards the back, private area of the restaurant. The family and Heart settled in quickly as they wasted no time looking at the menu, ordering appetizers left & right to keep them content until their main courses arrived.

"Mhm, I see you eyeing that filet mignon plate." Steph peered over at Heart's menu and wiggled his eyebrows.

"I am not!" She giggled. "I've only eyed it twice."

"Maybe actually three or four times, right?"

"Wardell." She said shyly as she felt her cheeks get hot.

"It's okay baby, get whatever you want."

"No, that's too much."

"Um, not really. Nothing is ever too much when it comes to you. Besides, I gotta make sure my queen is well and fed, right?"

"You're the best." She said softly as she smiled from ear to ear.

"So you did want that filet mignon. I knew it." He laughed, earning a playful shove from his lady. "I know you can eat. Don't be shy."

"Wardell, I will fight you. Outside, right now."

"Fiesty, are we?" He winked.

"Oh my god. I'm just going to God handle this one." She said as she reverted her attention back to the menu in front of her. Sooner or later, the orders were placed and everyone was sipping on the bottles of wine placed on the table.

"Hey guys." Steph stood up with his wine glass in hand. "I just want to give a little speech before the food comes cause I know we're all hungry and what not."

"Kiss!" Seth yelled as he tapped his fork against his wine glass, making Sydel follow along. Steph placed a quick kiss on Heart's lips before returning his attention back to his family.

"Alright, well first and foremost. Thanks to Ma and Pops for planning this mini getaway for the family. We've all been busy keeping up with everything going on in life so it's been really nice to catch up and have some quality family time over the weekend. There's nothing better than that." He chuckled as Sonya and Dell nodded their heads in appreciation for the shoutout. "Sydel, Seth. I actually missed you two so it was nice to spend time with you. It's like old days--"

"Yeah except your jokes keep getting weaker and weaker." Sydel said as everyone, including Steph, laughed.

"Right, okay. I'll give you that. But uh, anyways. I especially want to thank you guys for opening your arms to Heart and for letting her come along. You know it uh, means a lot to me that you guys have been so welcoming and warm around the girl that I love. There's really no better feeling than seeing your family and your lady mesh so well. I guess it's the perfect time to also let you guys know how much I love her and how excited I am for our wedding and for us to share that moment with you guys. She means everything to me and it means everything to us that you'll be there by our side. I mean, you always have been right? Can't thank God enough for these blessings." The family nodded, while Sonya and Sydel wiped their tears. Stephen rose his glass in preparation to end his speech. "So anyways, that's it. Cheers to family and loved ones."

"And weddings!" Sonya happily chimed in as they rose their glasses and took a sip.

"I had to end that real quick cause I saw them heading out with the food." Steph said as he sat down. Sure enough, the food arrived to the table.

"That was a great speech, babe. Thank you for that." Heart smiled from ear to ear.

"Of course baby. I love you." He pecked her lips before the food was placed before them. "Now we just have to get married, right?"

~

(Lets Get Married Cover - William Singe)

hi guys! sorry ive been away. been chaotic over here but only two/three more chapters left of the book! ily all!