thirty one | pep in the step

"Did you know that when a hippo gets upset, his sweat turns red?" Klay said across from Steph at the island as he watched him jot some notes down and flip between papers.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, isn't that crazy?"

"I guess. I don't see your sweat turn red though."

"Man, forget you. I'm not a hippo." Steph snickered as he continued to look through his papers. He was juggling between wedding decorations and finalizing a couple of things him and Heart agreed on. He listened to her ideas and her wishes, hoping he could turn them into reality somehow.

Which is what he was trying to do for the most part.

"Okay, should we go with this center piece or this?" Steph held up two pieces of paper in front of Klay, giving him time to think about the two.

"Those are nice."

"Yeah, we were thinking about these too." Steph smiled to himself as he continued to write.

"Then why ask me if you guys are set on things?"

"It's just nice to have another opinion. Makes you feel like you're doing something right when the other agrees." He shrugged.

"Did you know that cherophobia is the fear of fun?"

"Is it now?"

"And banana milkshakes are known to be the best cure for hangovers."

"Klay, honestly."

"What?"

"I really don't know where you get any of these things and why."

"It's called reading to expand your knowledge."

"I don't know, or you just have too much time on your hands."

"Yeah, whatever. You'll appreciate it one day."

"This is what we're going for overall. Is it cool?" Steph held up a picture as Klay nodded.

"Yeah that's cute. Who thought of it? Heart?"

"Hey, I got some input in this too." Steph chuckled. "It's our wedding."

"My bad. When are you going to on that little trip with your family and Heart?"

"In the next couple of days."

"Have they ever met her?"

"Yeah but it's always been short. And they see her on FaceTime sometimes." He chuckled. "We're going to spend a good amount of time with them."

"That's good. They like her?"

"Yeah, Mom and Sydel are in love with her. Def not more than me, but it's certainly getting up there." Stephen chuckled, but it was quickly cut short as he turned his attention to the news on the TV behind Klay's head. "Damn, that's some rough stuff." He murmured seeing the Black Lives Matter protests happening around the world. He felt strongly about the situation and wished he could do more to change things in today's society.

But even though he was Stephen Curry, there was only so much he could do.

"Yeah man, that's crazy. They're starting to protest here in the Bay too?"