thirteen | the avenger

(a/n: yes, the 'dream' steph had was real, to clarify! he kept having flashbacks of the phone call he received about Heart. sorry to confuse you guys!)

~

Stephen stared at the view outside of his hotel window as he cracked his knuckles and tighten his jaw. He had just finished an early morning workout, so he was more than ready to take care of business and see his babygirl.

"I had to do a lot to get some information on this Jordan kid you asked about." Dom sat at the near the TV area. "Are you sure he has something to do with this?"

"Positive."

"How can you be so certain?"

"Well, when Christen's hurt, do you ever get a gut feeling as to what the reason is? Solely just because you love her so much and you've figured her out so well."

"Yeah, all the time."

"It's the same thing with Heart. He's the only one who's been around her since she's moved here."

 "I can't do much without any proof, Stephen. You do understand that, right?"

"Don't worry about it, chief. He knows who I am. We've been introduced before." Stephen turned to face Dom as he dialed the number on his phone and pressed the speaker button. It took a couple of rings before Jordan picked up, making Stephen unconsciously clench his fist.

"Hello?" Stephen heard a couple of people in the background, laughing and making extra background noise.

"Hey Jordan, this is Stephen."

"Stephen? Uh, wassup man?"

"Is it cool if we talk?"

"Suuure.." He said, dragging the word out. "You can meet me at my spot. I'll send you the address."

"Thanks. I'll see you in a few."

"Are you sure you want to do this Steph?"

"Look Dom, as much as I know he's going to be a coward, I need him to let me know everything that happened that night. He brought her to that party and put Heart in the hospital." Dom sighed as he stood up and patted him on the shoulder.

"Alright, come on."

Walking out of the hotel, Dom, Stephen and Draymond approached the rented SUV under Dom's name. Steph silently sat in the passenger's seat trying to calm himself down. He knew this wouldn't turn out well, but he knew he had to get some information from Jordan. There was no way he was going to let Heart sit in the hospital with nobody having any idea how she landed there. 

He just needed the pieces to the puzzle.

And he went through this once with Mr. Bigs. He wasn't going to let a 12 year old run free.

"Should've brought the glocks with us." Draymond chimed in the back as he caught up on his social media. "I feel like I'm on Rush Hour. On the hunt to find a murdering, money-hungry, 'kidnap your daughter head-ass' suspect." Stephen shook his head in his seat as Dom scrunched his forehead at the imagination that was running through Dray's head.

"Those missions aren't even real." Dom chimed in.

"Yeah, but they dope as hell. Give 'em a little credit, Dommy Dom." 

"Don't ever call me that again."

"Right. My apologies, sir." Dray sunk in his seat as Dom glared at him through the rear view mirror. The closer they got to their destination, the more nauseated Stephen felt. He couldn't bare to look at this kid, knowing the things he possibly could have done to purposely Heart. He let his window down a bit as he let the cool LA air hit his face.