twenty seven | that & then some

"You must be out of your goddamn mind calling me this late, Steph!" Klay said as he picked up the phone, his eyes still closed.

"I'm sorry! Draymond don't wanna pick up--"

"Maybe because he's asleep! People sleep at this time, didn't you know that?"

"Yes, I'm fully aware. But I need to talk to you!"

"This can't wait until I see you tomorrow?"

"No!" Klay groaned loudly.

"Well hurry up and say it!"

"Yes, I knew you'd understand!"

"Yeah, yeah. Let it out before I change my mind."

"I think I want to marry Heart." Klay's eyes shot open.

"You think? You don't just think about that Stephen. It's either you do or you don't."

"Well damn, I do. I do want to marry her. More than anything."

~

Klay took a sip of his soda to wash down the chips he had just stuffed into his mouth. Him, Steph and Dray had been quietly eating their Chipotle, with Klay & Draymond hungry to death after their workout and practice.

"So, let me get this straight." Klay took another sip of his soda before speaking up once more. "You two were sitting on the couch and marriage just popped up in your head?"

"No, Klay. If you put it like that then no. You're no help, really." Steph looked at him blankly. He had just explained himself 3 seconds ago & Klay still found a way to make it sound off.

"I'm sorry, I just want to understand this better."

"He just explained himself. If you wasn't chompin' on those goddamn chips way too loud, you would've heard it."

"Shut up."

"Okay anyways." Steph shook his head. "I don't know how else to explain it. I just look at her and everything feels so at peace. I see her in my future and I can't really see anybody else taking her place."

"That, my friend, is some real shit." Draymond added. "I always knew it was somethin' special about her. She got you actin' like all Weenie Hut Jr. I ain't ever seen that before." He chuckled.

"When do you plan on asking her and everything?" Klay chimed in.

"Soon."

"Soon?"

"Tonight?"

"Tonight?!" Klay's voice escalated.

"Okay maybe not tonight." Steph scratched his head and chuckled nervously. "I'm getting ahead of myself."

"A little bit." Klay chuckled. "You gotta lay out some possible plans so we could help you out. Do you have any?"

"I do. I think."

"You think?"

"Why do you keep doing that Klay?"

"I'm trying to help you out!" Steph groaned.

"Okay, okay. I want to ask her soon. Really soon. That's all I know."