twelve | god's got it

"Mr. Curry." Stephen heard the other man call for him on the other line.

"Yeah? Who's this?"

"This is Officer Reynolds from the Los Angeles Police Department. I'm calling you in regards to Miss Heart Dawson." His heart dropped into pieces. At that moment, he knew something was terribly wrong and he didn't like it one bit.

"Heart? What's wrong? Is she okay?" He continued to rambled on, not listening to one thing the police officer had to say to him. "Come on man, please just let me know she's okay!"

"Mr. Curry, she was found unresponsive in a room at the Sheraton Grand." The officer rose his tone of voice to tower Stephen's. He remained quiet, unsure of how to take in everything. "I'm sorry. She was taken to a nearby hospital--"

"Who did this?"

"We're still investigating the case--"

"WHO DID THIS?" Stephen yelled into the phone, knowing damn well who was responsible.

But Steph jolted himself awake, with a confused Draymond sitting next to him.

"Yo, man. Chill. Are you alright?" Draymond scrunched his forehead as he examined Steph. A drained, sleepless, lifeless Steph.

"I'm sorry." Steph sighed as he rubbed his eyes.

"You're good, bruh. But are you alright, is the question?"

"I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm alright. Dream just caught me off guard."

"I can tell. You were mumbling in your sleep."

"No I wasn't."

"How the hell you know, you was asleep."

"I don't talk in my sleep."

"You kept asking who & who did it." Dray chuckled a bit before sucking his teeth. "You know damn well who did it!" But Steph scrunched his forehead in pain as he sat up and fixed his position.

"I don't really want to think about it in public right now. It's got my head all hurting."

"I understand, but you're going to have to figure out what you're gonna do."

"Yeah, yeah. I guess."

"Okay, how about this." Dray rubbed his hands together before turning his attention towards Stephen. "Let's run into that mothafucka, glocks in our hands & shit, & shoot up errythang having to do with Jordan." Steph shook his head.

"I'm a Child of God?"

"So am I, but sometimes you just gotta get one good one in."

"That one good one in for me was with Mr. Bigs. I think I've retired."

"Okay but I wasn't in that, so let me get in this."

"Dray, we're not shooting anybody."

"Damn." Draymond said as he sighed heavily in disappointment.

"Besides, I can't even say Jordan really did it."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Dray rose his voice.

"Please don't yell." Stephen said as he pinched the bridge of his nose while Draymond continued to plead his case.

"You know damn well that fetus was up to no good!"

"I just don't like thinking about it because quite frankly, it makes me pretty upset."

"You have any idea how it happened?" Steph shook his head.

"Not really. They just told me she was unresponsive."

"Drugs."

"Drugs?"

"He had to have drugged her or something."

"Do you really think he would do that?"

"Look Steph. I know you like to see the good in people all the time, but right now isn't that time. How else would Heart be found unresponsive? She wouldn't do that to herself and you know it. That boy got his hands dirty." As much as he hated hearing it, Draymond was right. He hated hearing it because the possibilities of what Jordan did to Heart was endless. Drugs never ended in a good situation and it made his blood boil thinking about the worst possible scenario. Despite everything they've been going through, that was his girl. His babygirl.

Nothing changed that.

"Yeah." Stephen simply said. "I'm going to head to the bathroom right quick." Dray simply nodded as Steph quickly made his way to the bathroom.

He felt like he was going to be sick thinking about everything at once.

You would have thought the drama ended here, but it clearly didn't.

He stood over the sink as he wet his face and took a couple of deep breaths to regulate his breathing and heart rate. The anxiety was beyond him and he hated feeling like this.

Closing his eyes for a short minute, he continued to breathe slowly.

Amethyst kissed Stephen along his jaw line and on his neck as she tugged on his pants. But Steph pushed her hand away. She continued to try and seduce him in every way possible.

He just wasn't having it.

"Stephen, what is it?"

"It's nothing." She tried to keep going, but Steph refused.

"Do you want me to do something different?"

"To be honest, I don't really want you to do anything." He sighed as he got up from his bed and put on a shirt. "I'm sorry, this was a mistake." She rolled her eyes as she put on her clothes and grabbed her belongings. "The car's going to be here in 5 minutes."

"Yeah, whateva. Punk ass." She spat as she escorted herself out. He sighed as he plopped on his bed, running his hands through his hair as he bent over onto his knees.

He wanted Heart's touch. He longed for it.

Hearing a knock on the door, he opened his eyes and quickly wiped down his face before allowing the next person to come in.

"Thank god."

"What?"

"Just making sure you didn't yack on yourself or anything."

"Thanks, dad." Steph chuckled a bit.

"You gonna be good?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I just get worried about you sometimes, bruh."

"Yeah, I'll be fine. To be honest, I'm kind of glad I'm not going through it alone."

"I told you it'd be a good idea." He laughed. "What did Dom say about it?"

"He's going to do his best to look into it as much as he can."

"None of you guys told Logan she's in the hospital right?"

"No. Absolutely not."

"Alright, that's good. That'd be a little traumatizing."

"I know, poor guy. He asked about her though and I didn't really know how to respond. Just made sure to tell him everything was alright."

"Damn." Dray shook his head. "Jordan will get his, aight? Everything will be just fine."

"I know. God's got it." Stephen laid his head back as he closed his eyes once more.

"Ladies & Gentlemen, please take your seats and fasten your seatbelts as we prepare for landing at LAX."

~

(Close to You - Rihanna)