eight | whiskey & coke

Jordan sat in the crowd as Heart made her way down the runway. A couple of seats down, Stephen eyed the boy and watched him smile away at his girlfriend.

"You're amazing." He read the words from his mouth as Jordan began to applaud & yell for Heart. He wasn't aware, but he didn't have the happiest expression on his face.

"Who the hell does this two-braided, Omarion wannabe looking ass think he is?" Steph muttered under his breath as he continued to stare him down.

"Mr. Curry, are you alright? Do you need some water or anything?" The usher that stood next to his seat bent down to get at eye level with him.

"Oh uh, no I'm good. Don't worry about me, sir." He gave him a small nod. "Everything will be all good." He continued to chew his gum as he looked at Jordan once more.

He was Heart's number one fan, not Jordan.

~

"Heart." Stephen responded as he clenched his jaw and adjusted his tie. He wasn't too mad at the sight, but he also wasn't very pleased with Jordan getting too close to her.

It's just - the only thing that mattered the most was physically seeing his girl and being able to hold her again.

He'll address the situation later.

Heart stared at him once more before cracking a big smile and throwing herself into his arms, leaving Jordan dumbfounded in the back. Stephen took in her smell and hugged her as tight as he could before placing the tiny girl back onto her feet.

"I thought you said you couldn't make it?"

"Did you really think I'd let myself get stuck in some meetings & miss your first event? Come on now, sweetheart." He said, winking down at her, hoping she'd buckle at the knees. She smiled from ear to ear as the somewhat apparent rose color of blush appeared on her cheeks.

"I'm so speechless, I don't even know if this is real." She said, pinching his arm, making him flinch.

"I'm real as can be, babygirl. Promise." He crossed his heart. "By the way, you looked absolutely amazing on that stage." He caressed her cheek and placed a kiss on her forehead. "You're so beautiful. I never doubted you."

"Thank you, Wardell." She tippy-toed and puckered her lips as she swung her arms around his neck. He pressed his lips onto hers, giving her a deep, passionate kiss. One that's been longed for, for awhile. He loved the feeling, and she did too. The butterflies were back. "Oh yeah, by the way." She grabbed his hand and turned towards Jordan who was still standing there, watching the two. "Let me introduce you to Jordan."

"Jordan, huh. Forgot about that guy." He said sarcastically as he allowed Heart to lead the way as she held onto his hand tightly. "Jordan, this is Stephen. Steph, Jordan."

"Ah, the one & only Stephen Curry. Pleasure to finally meet you." Jordan stuck out his hand as a small smile crept up on his lips. Steph took a minute to look down at his hand, then back at him before slightly nodding and grabbing his hand out of common courtesy.

"Nice to meet you, too. Heard you've been keeping Heart company while she's been here. I appreciate it."

"Yeah, I guess. Just gotta make sure she's alright since you're not around, you know?" Jordan shrugged as he sipped on his drink. Steph arched his eyebrow, wondering if this boy was really trying to test him right now. He wouldn't be the one. He put on some comfy socks today just in case somebody needed to get dunked on in the name of the Lord.