thirty five | amongst the chaos

"How was ya'lls weekend get away with the family?" Draymond asked the two as he plopped his feet up onto the coffee table.

"Great." Heart said as she finished packing up some food and fixing her purse.

"Yeah, it was a ton of fun. It was good to spend some quality time with them since we don't get to be together often. It's also nice to get away from such a busy schedule for a little."

"Why you didn't invite me to the ol' BC? I'm family."

"You are, but it was a little exclusive. Sorry man." Steph chuckled.

"Oops. Well, I need to get to the show. Traffic looks a little bad." Heart said as she checked the map on her phone and gathered her things.

"Is it in the city?"

"Yeah it is."

"Becareful out there babygirl, they got those protests getting a little out of hand."

"I'll be fine, Wardell." She smiled from ear to ear. "Thank you. I'll see you two later?"

"Yes, you will. Cause I don't plan on doing anything but sitting my ass here to beat Steph in some 2k." Heart chuckled as Stephen quickly made his way over to her for a quick kiss. As he closed the door shut, he leaned against the wall and took a breath as he smiled to himself. "You look crazy." Dray said.

"I'm sorry. She still has mesmerized up until this day. Now that's crazy."

"Yeah but's also a good thing. That's when you know she's the one."

"Yup. She is."

"Sheesh, where I find myself a duplicate of that girl?"

"Nowhere because there's no one else like her." Steph smiled as he wiggled his eyebrows. "Shame isn't it?"

"Yeah, yeah."

"You just have to be patient. She'll come along."

"She can come along now. I don't know what she's waitin' for."

"Maybe she's waiting for you to stop accidentally posting your peewee on your Snapchat story."

"Peewee? Penis, Stephen. Say it loud and clear. You a man."

"No. That's besides the point."

"Man, I really accidentally posted it, alright? Pick your team before I start whoopin' ya ass and the game ain't even start yet." Stephen sighed and shook his head.

"Dray, I don't know. Something doesn't feel right about today." He said as he began to put together his team.

"Why do you say that?"

"Something just feels off. I feel like something's going to happen."

"Well if you think that way--"

"But you know what I'm saying right? Do you ever get that feeling when something just doesn't feel right but you don't know what it is?"

"Yeah, but it doesn't necessarily mean something bad is bound to happen. Maybe you just needa shake it off and clear your head."

"Maybe." He shook his head once more and continued to focus on the TV in front of him. "Whatever." He muttered under his breath, hoping he could shake off the negativity he was feeling and move on with his day.

As the day quickly went on, Draymond and Stephen found themselves getting lost in 2k. They couldn't even remember how many rounds they've gone - especially since Draymond continuously asked for rematches. Steph forgot about the negativity he was feeling but the thought still lingered in his mind.