Our Darkest Secrets (A Harry...

By kelseyrae21

Kaydence Taylor has a dark and unforgettable past, which has led her to be withdrawn from her peers and the r... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73

CHAPTER 49

5.6K 174 12
By kelseyrae21

Hello everyone!

So first off i'm still deciding if i want to enter the watties, cause i think i want to write a second book to this so i'm not sure.

Second, did you guys see the picture i attached on who plays Kaydence now? if you did do you think she looks the way you picture her? i think she looks a lot like the way i see her!

and OMG WHO HEARD STORY OF MY LIFE?! ITS SO DIFFERENT FROM THEIR OTHER STUFF AND THEY SOUND MATURE AND ITS AMAZZZING I ALREADY DOWNLOADED IT HAHA. & IT REMINDS ME OF HESSA. (its from the fanfic After if you haven't read it.)

Okayyyy, well i'll probably update again tomorrow but we shall see. Leave comments, and dont forget to VOTE!!

ENJOOOOOOYYYYY(:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Everything alright?” He asks, as I pick up my fork and start stabbing the rest of my pie, pretending it’s my head.

“Perfect.” I say through my teeth, putting more pressure on the plastic fork as the top of it snaps in half.

Max stares down at the now broken fork, and slowly meets my eyes as he lifts on eyebrow. “Obviously it’s not.” He leans forward in his chair and rests his elbows on the table. “Did whoever you were talking to, upset you?”

I shake my head and toss my fork on the table as I cup my chin into my hand and lean on it lazily. “No, it was Harry.”

“What did he do?” He asks curiously.

“It’s nothing he did. It’s what I did.”

Max is quiet for a moment, and I look up at him to see him studying me, his green eyes watching me carefully as his eyes start to form into small slits. “Okay…What did you do?”

I sigh dramatically, and spread my hands over my face as I rub at it aggressively. “I lied.” I say through my palm.

“About what?”

I lay my hands back on the table, staring at my squashed pie. “About you. I didn’t tell him I was here, with you.”

“And why not?”

I look up at him to see him gazing at me intensely, the same way Harry looks at me, the only difference is his stare doesn’t make chills run down my spine.

“I don’t know, maybe because he doesn’t like you?”

Max rolls his eyes and leans back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest. “I am not afraid of Harry, trust me.”

“You should be, I mean I’ve never seen him really angry but I can just tell he’s the type that is always calm and mellow, but piss him off and all hell will break loose.”

“I can take him.” He says smugly.

I shake my head, becoming annoyed. “Sure.”

His whole demeanor suddenly changes, and his eyes flicker up to meet mine, his face becoming serious. “Are you happy with him?”

I blink at him, and awkwardly scratch the side of my head. “We’ve only been together for a short time, but yeah I am.”

He nods understandably. “Okay. Does he treat you right? You trust he would never hurt you?”

“He treats me fine, and he would never lay a hand on me.” I am quick to defend Harry.

“That’s not what I meant, but now I’m wondering, has he ever hurt you? Physically?”

“No!” I snap my mouth closed and glance around the bakery, remembering we are in a public area. “He would never hurt me physically. And what is with all the questions?”

He shrugs and looks down at the table. “I am just curious, but just because he would never hurt you physically, doesn’t mean he wouldn’t hurt you emotionally.”

I press my lips together, my bottom teeth starting to pierce my bottom lip, making my lip start to sting. I welcome the pain as I stare at a crumb on the table. Would Harry hurt me? I don’t think he would, but I am aware of his reputation in the media. He is described as the womanizer of the group, the one who is unable to withhold a relationship with a girl, and instead has one night stands. When I first met him that was exactly what I had seen in him, he even admitted it himself, he’s never really been in a serious relationship before. If I had been asked two weeks ago if I thought Harry would hurt me emotionally, I would of said yes with no hesitation. But now, after  spending day and night with him for the past two weeks, I know he isn’t what the media makes him out to be. He’s kind, thoughtful, caring, considerate, sweet and so much more, which makes me think he would never hurt me. Not intentionally at least. Knowing this, the nagging feeling of Harry hurting me disappears, and my guilt takes over instead. HE would never hurt me, but would I hurt him?

Shaking off my discomforting thoughts I pick up my plate of pie, standing up and dumping it into the nearest trashcan. I walk to the front, where the same woman with the brown apron stands behind the register, putting money into the register after a customer walks away. Sensing my presence, she looks up and smiles.

“Can I get you something?” She asks politely.

“Yes, can I just have a bottled water?”

She nods, moving towards the fridge held in the corner, opening it and grabbing my water. She walks back and hands it to me, taking the five dollars Max threw back at me earlier, and hanging me back my change. Turning around, I walk back to the table and reach for my bag, slinging it over my shoulder.

“What are you doing?” Max asks, sitting up in his chair.

“Leaving.” I twist the cap of my bottle, and chug it down as I turn to walk out of the bakery. Max quickly stands and moves in front of me, blocking my path.

“C’mon, stay. We haven’t finished talking.” He says, his eyes looking at me softly.

I ignore him, and start to walk around him when he puts his arm out infront of me, touching my shoulder and making me flinch away from him.  He realizes my discomfort from him touching me and takes a step back, giving me space.

“Sorry, I didn’t realize you don’t like being touched.”

“Well now you do.” I say sharply.

“Sorry.” He looks me in the eyes as he says it, and I can tell he means it. I nod, accepting his apology and he shoves his hands into his pockets as a small smile starts to form on his lips.

“You can’t just leave, we rode here together.” He states.

“I’ll walk.”

“It’s not safe for a girl as pretty as you to walk alone.”

I feel the heat rise up to my cheeks from his compliment, and look away from him to outside. It’s still daylight, but the sidewalks are not busy at all, in fact they are quite empty.

“It’s still daylight but that’s never stopped kidnappers.” He says, sensing where my thoughts are.

My eyes widen in fear, and he chuckles lightly, earning him a dirty look from me. Knowing he’s write though, I unfortunately give in.

“Fine. I’ll go with you, but just take me back to the hotel please. I have stuff to do.”

The door chimes when he opens it, and holds it for me as I step out into the sunlight. He steps in front of me as he leads me to the car, and looks both ways before going into the street to get into the driver’s seat. I open the door and climb up into the car, and drop my bag on the floor next to my feet as his door slams closed.

“What do you need to do?” He asks as he turns the key in the ignition.

“I need to go job hunting.”

“I’ll come with you!”

“Actually-,” I am about to object when he cuts me off.

“I know there’re a few places that hire near the beach, we could go there.”

I sigh and lean back in the seat, not bothering to even object when I notice he’s already driving towards the highway.

HARRY

I press the end button on my phone, hanging up with Kaydence. I am relieved that she finally called me back, and that she’s okay, but something seems off. She hesitated for too long when I had asked what she was busy doing, and even though she said she was “job hunting”, I don’t believe it. What if she was really hurting herself? No, she said so herself she’s not able to do it, she was never able to go through with it in the past, so why would she now?

“Harry!”

I shove the distressing thoughts about Kay’s well being, and open the door to my room, stepping out into the hallway and following my mum’s voice. I push the swinging door that leads into the kitchen open, and see my mum pouring herself a glass of wine and chattering with Zayn’s mum, both seeming a little tipsy. She giggles as she brings the glass to her lips, taking a sip as she spy’s me standing near the doorway over the rim of the cup.

“There you are! Where were you?” She asks, her words high pitched.

“I was talking to Kaydence.” I say as I saunter over to my mum and zayn’s.

“Ohhh! I like her, she seems like such a sweet girl.”

I smile at the falseness at that, she wasn’t actually a sweet girl. She was sarcastic and witty, but she could be sweet. If she wanted to be.

“I think I’m going to go to bed, I’m really jet lagged.”

“Noooooo! Gemma, Nicole, and the rest of the boys are still out there! You also have family here, you can’t just go to bed!” She says, her words starting to slur.

I pull the glass of wine from my mum’s grasp and dump the rest of it into the sink. “I think you’ve had enough.”

She rolls her eyes at me, and reaches up to pat my cheek. “Silly boy. Go out there and be social.”

Knowing she won’t let it go, I sigh and agree, taking the bottle of wine with me before I walk out of the kitchen and into the dinning room. Several of my relatives are crowded around the table talking, and laughing. Most of them are already drunk and don’t notice my presence, so I move on and walk out to the living room. Louis, Zayn, and Liam all sit on the biggest couch, while my sister, her friend that I have never met, and Nicole sit on the couch across from the bigger one. Choosing to sit with the lads, I move to that couch and slump down into the empty space next to Liam, bringing my feet up and lazily resting them on the table sitting between the couches.

I sigh, exasperated and look down at the bottle of wine I’m holding in my hand. Shrugging, I bring the top of the bottle to my mouth, and wrap my lips around it as I feel the sweetness hit my tongue and slowly go down my throat.

“You alright mate?” Liam asks, knitting his eyebrows together and looking at me with worry.

I put the bottle back down, resting it against my hip as my hand stays wrapped around it. “Yeah, I just miss Kay.”

“Ah, I see.”

I look up from the table to see Nicole staring at me, but when I catch her, her eyes quickly flicker away from me and rest on something behind me.

“Well at least you’ll see her in two weeks.” Liam says.

“Two weeks is too long.” I lift the bottle and bring it to my lips again, letting it distract me from the knott in stomach.

“I know what you mean mate, being on tour away from El felt like I was gone for years, even though it was only like what? Eight months?” Louis chimes in.

“Agreed.”  Zayn says.

Feeling worse I chug the rest of the bottle down, and dip my head back. Once the bottle is empty I rest it next to me and lay my head back on the cushion, closing my eyes and seeing Kaydence’s beautiful face behind my eyelids. The wine doesn’t help the aching subside, and I sigh, opening my eyes to see Nicole looking at me again. What is with her lately?

Glancing at the clock in the corner of the room, I’ve decided I’ve been out here long enough. I stand up and pat the lads on the back, saying goodnight to them. I kiss Gemma on the cheek as I pass the back of her couch, and lightly squeeze Nicole’s shoulder as I pass her and walk into the dinning room. I say a thank you to my relatives for coming, and a goodnight then trudge down the hallway and into my room. I lazily pull my shirt over my head and toss it on the floor, sliding my phone out of my pocket and setting it on my nightstand, then drop my pants to the floor, leaving me only in my trousers. I slide into my bed and pull the soft blankets over my body, then reach for my phone and scroll through my twitter. I smile at the tweets I’ve received from fans and answer back to a few, then go to my camera roll, searching for a picture in particular. I smile when I open it, it’s a picture I took of Kay when she was sleeping. Her head is laying on the pillow, her hair spread out around her, and her face looks relaxed for once. I scroll to the next one, and stare at it. It’s a picture I had taken of her on our date on Friday when she wasn’t looking. She had gotten up from the table and walked to the edge of the roof top and looked out to the city. In the picture she has her back to me, and the city lights glow all around her, and the breeze is hitting her face, making her hair fly behind her, her eyes are closed and a small smile is formed on her lips. It’s probably one of my favorite pictures of her, and I go to my options, changing it as my screensaver.

Setting  my phone back on the night stand, I turn on my side and close my eyes. I lay there wide awake for awhile, tossing and turning every now and then to try and get comfortable. Sighing, I look to the empty space next to me and picture Kaydence laying there, her leg draped over mine, and her small hand tracing the tattoos on my chest and arms. I grab another pillow, turn back on my side, and hug it to my chest, pretending it’s Kay as I finally drift off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 6K 38
𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 | "Even salt looks like sugar Olivia is not all she seems." **** Harry Styles moves to LA to get away from the busy...
3.1K 105 23
Maya, a college student who shares an apartment with a charismatic girl from Italy. What happens when her roommate's brother pays them a visit? Is Ma...
460K 31.4K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
1.3M 57.8K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC