Under His Watch {16th Century...

By MeepyM

Mistress Jacqueline DeWhite is married off to Lord Dominic DeFleur. She is not told anything and is expected... More

Author's Note:
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15 (Part 2)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 Part 1
Chapter 19 part 2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 19 Part 3

38.4K 1K 42
By MeepyM

Jacqueline's head slowly travelled up to Dominic's face, her fearless aura smashed as she looked at her husband.

He yanked off her hat, her long flowing dark hair hung around her body. She bent down her head and closed her eyes in bliss at her memories. He did not even try to help her up as Jacqueline sat clenching her paining leg.

She had rode from the horse mistress in a fury and trying, but failing to ignore the luscious lands Dominic owned. Her ankle throbbed and she knew she must of broken it when she fell off the horse and she hissed as he finally yanked off her off the floor clutching onto her waist and he tilted her chin towards his blue eyes.

His blue eyes narrowed at her, scolding her like a child. He brought his hand around and slapped her across the face." How dare you?" If it wasn't for the crowd edging closer towards them Dominic would turn her black and blue.

Jacqueline touched her cheek." Answer me!" He screamed.

She choked on her breath, tears streaming down her face. And shivering looked at him she bent her head down again. "You went out riding without telling me. You embarrassed me in front of my town." He stammered and slapped her again.

Joseph coughed to indicate the amount of people that were now watching, shoppers and sellers were seeing the first glimpse of the newly wedded couple and it did not look good.

"I suggest you all leave now." Dominic addressed the crowd and the grumbled and reluctantly left the scene. Some trying to catch a last glimpse before Dominic glared again.

 "I thought I could trust you."

"I'm sorry." She murmured quietly, she hiccupped and looked at him from underneath her beret style cap.

"I thought I could trust you. I thought you weren't going to leave me." He continued.

Leave him? “What do you mean leave you? I'm bound to you. I'm your wife."

Jacqueline spoke calmly and tried to ignore the ache of her body, Joseph watched silently. "Dominic?"

He stayed silent, his blond hair flicking in the wind he did not look at her before she spoke again. “Dominic do not ignore me." She ordered, her voice was clipped and she was angry.

"I thought we could try?"

What are you talking about husband dearest? She stepped backwards towards her horse.

Dominic grabbed her hands and held them hard squeezing them and he touched her cheek. She was confused and breathed trying to struggle out of his grip.

"What do you mean Dominic?! I'm bound to you forever your FUCKING wife!" She screamed her anger getting the better of her.

He slapped her again, harder this time. She fell to the ground, the heat on her face and her head slammed into the clay floor. A crack in the middle was what she fell off and she felt her blood rush to her head.

She was shaking, her hand trembling and Dominic looked at her pitifully. He didn't know how to comfort people and he certainly wasn’t going to forgive her.

 But maybe, he needed to think before his next action. Maybe she felt so free, she felt like he did when she rode with the horse she had been given.

Maybe he should give her a chance. He would forgive her. "I'll escort you home." He said simply. "You will retire and be seen to a doctor when we arrive."

"Get on the horse." He stated gruffly, she simply obeyed him and swung her body onto the beast. Looking at him she swallowed as his fiery gaze was still on her.

Her ankle throbbed and she wanted to scream in terror as the lack of movement made the pain intensify.

"Reassure it." She took a deep breath and did as he said, the horse was calmer. Dominic's eyes were closed he could see the softness words.

"Good girl." Jacqueline soothed, Dominic's eyes opened again and he watched her returning to a neutral expression as she looked at him.

"Follow me." He stated quickly, he got onto the horse and headed for the river. Jacqueline oblivious to his idea trotted sadly behind him.

+++

"My lor-"

"You can go home, return in two hours I'll be ready to leave."

Joseph simply bowed his thanks and got on his horse and rode towards his home.

"Here." Dominic threw his flask onto Jacqueline's lap and she stared at it. "Drink." He shouted.

She opened it and unscrewed the flask. "What's this?" She asked softly.

"Lemonade, it is refreshing I guess, I made it myself," He blushed and she tilted the flask to her lips and drank.

She sat on the grass, it did not stain the dark red of her riding cloak but she kept her eyes on the little blades.

He looked down from the daily activities of the town to his wife, her hat removed, tossed into the ground. She was holding onto her ankle, the flask beside her.

"What happened?"

She shrugged and he came closer before he heard a gunshot and froze....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.2K 3K 52
I'm far from perfect and just cruise along, watching my friends get married and fall in love while I'm stuck on the sidelines. Yep, I'm the designate...
41.4K 1.5K 55
Dealing with her father being a school bus driver and her mother's drug addiction. Nina Jewel Harris is having trouble achieving her dreams: wanted t...
2.4K 97 14
Dominic Stephens was your typical jock. He's the captain of the football team, and is dating the head cheerleader, Brittney Red. But what happened w...
498K 22K 28
[COMPLETED] At the age of 15, Miss Charity Chadwick is tricked into marriage. Her new husband, unhappy with their union, banishes her to his north...