VANI...

Oleh background21

A girl who decided her future with the one who was chosen for her by the elders long ago and fought with the... Lebih Banyak

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
Extra #1
Extra #2
Rupa - Girish - #1
Rupa - Girish - #2
Rupa - Girish - #End
David - Pallavi
Rakesh

Chapter 17

10.8K 473 59
Oleh background21

*Kamal Pov*

"Hello?" I mumbled in a sleepy voice lifting the call but didn't open my eyes feeling great for some reason.

"We have an emergency, Sir. And we need as much help as we can." I heard the nurse's voice who works with our team making me sit up.

"I will be there in a few minutes." I said, hanging up and glanced down to see an arm around me.

"Vani!" I whispered, shaking her and she woke up startled before moving away from me in confusion.

"There is an emergency and I need to leave for the hospital." I said and she slowly nodded before rubbing her eyes.

"I will be here later to freshen up though." I added when she seemed to be not sleepy anymore.

"Ok! I will also leave soon today then." She mumbled, getting down from the bed and I frowned, thinking she might stay for us to have a word with each other.

"Fine!" I mumbled and immediately got ready before leaving the home in a rush.

"How is the patient's condition? I didn't get the call about the emergency." Pallavi asked when I walked outside the operating theatre.

"We had it under control by that time I guess and you are still needed. However, why don't you finish your work for now while keeping an eye on this patient? I need to freshen up properly and we don't want to leave the patient alone when the resident comes here to check him, right?" I asked, smiling and she nodded before I left for the home feeling more than tired.

I lay on the bed thinking about what is happening in our lives. I know, we didn't get married in the normal circumstances, but I thought she loves me or as per Mom at least and she would never lie.

Then why is she being so distant and taking wrong regarding any word I have with her a few times.

Maybe that was just an infatuation and now feeling that for someone else. I thought, remembering how close she is to Girish while she never talked to me until I start the conversation.

I walked near to the dressing area to search for a new watch when I saw my older one damaged. After a few minutes I finally found that, but also another thing with it.

It seemed to be an engagement ring and it is really good design. I frowned and then remembered how she didn't get the chance to put the ring on my finger because of the phone call.

According to Mom this was her love symbol, then why didn't she give it to me and hid it in this place?

I think I should think about my feelings before questioning her in any way. I am definitely attracted to her for the way I feel whenever I caught her sight or sometimes accidentally present while she is changing her attire.

And I like her nature too regarding how much she loved my Mom and the way she takes care of everything.

She is sweet in a way with whomever she talks and stubborn too. She is a good runner for sure! I thought, chuckling to myself and shook my head.

I really like her! I came to the point and felt like it is deeper than liking, but all it is missing is anything positive from her side regarding her feelings.

Maybe I should talk to her about mine after we clear the things between us and also know how she feels about me without scaring her.

"I will do the night shift, Kamal. You are here from early morning." Pallavi stubbornly said and I sighed, nodding before leaving the hospital in the evening.

I wanted to skip the hangout with my friends, but then remembering yesterday's incident I drove towards the restaurant.

"You are here?" David asked in a shocked tone.

"Why? Shouldn't I be here?" I asked him back.

"You just left us without saying a word when you got to know that Vani is not going to be here, even though she left the hospital at the same time like Girish. So, we thought you would go home to be with your wife." Rakesh said shrugging.

"Where is Pallavi?" David asked looking at me.

"She is going to do night shift." I replied and glanced at Girish to see him frowning at me.

"What happened to you?" I asked him frowning.

"She is not telling her feelings to me, Kamal. I like her too much, but she is just running the opposite side everytime. If it is not for Vani, then I would have pulled her back." He replied sighing.

"Why is Vani stopping you?" I asked him frowning.

"She thinks Rupa will run more if I do anything stupid. Now, tell us why are you dull from the past few weeks?" he asked turning over the question.

"I... I don't know how to say it." I replied honestly.

"It is ok! Aunty trusted us so you can if you want to." He said shrugging.

"Look, I know my marriage happened because of Mom's condition, but now we can't do anything about it." I started saying and those three immediately shook their heads in negative.

"What?" I asked them frowning.

"It didn't happen for that reason, Kamal. At first we didn't think like that when we met you, but after a few years we know for sure that you will end up with Vani." Rakesh said bluntly.

"Why?" I asked him after coming out of the shock.

"Who is your first crush?" Girish asked and I opened my mouth but couldn't come up with an answer.

"You never had one, Kamal. You were always talking about how cruel it is for your marriage to be settled with Vani but you never thought anything out of that context. In your heart, you know that it will happen and you are okay with it. However, you thought you shouldn't as per everything around us and stressed yourself into it." Girish explained.

"I don't believe this." I said not believing their words at all.

"Then why didn't you had a girlfriend until now or even someone whom you like? No one would have murdered you if you had one as you are not that much demanded for this marriage. You could have said anything bluntly, but you didn't. In your subconscious mind you are completely fine with it or else you are just not interested in women in general for not having a crush on one of them." Rakesh said and laughed at the end.

"I never thought it like that. Is it true?" David asked, grinning at me.

"Stop it, guys!" I said, glaring at me.

"If what you are saying is true and she already loves me then why are we both not close. She is always so distant to me and that is not how you act towards the person who love you." I said and they all fell silent.

"Maybe she is thinking like you are thinking." David said and I frowned at him.

"What?" I asked him not understanding his words.

"You thought this marriage happened because of your Mom's fragile condition and what I she is thinking that you are in this for that only and feeling bad for the pressure on you." He replied shrugging and we three stared at him in shock.

"How did you know about a girl's brain? You don't have girlfriend otherwise I would have known. I am your colleague." Rakesh said frowning.

"I am dating someone." David said hesitatingly.

"Who?" we three shouted.

"Pallavi!" he replied and started saying how he loves her.

I stood up, glancing at the watch and walked away when I had a circle of their words in my head and nearly drove at a speed limit I am not used to and reached our home.

"Vani!" I called the moment I stepped inside.

"What is it? Why are you in a rush?" she asked from our room.

"I need to talk to you right now before wasting any more time. I should have told you way before, but there is still time to correct the wrong things." I said along with controlling my breath.

"Ok! I will just go for a bath and come." She said warily before walking inside the washroom while I walked near the dining area for water and then heard my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I asked, lifting the call.

"Why did you run away? Are you mad for my relationship with Pallavi? Do you think I shouldn't date her? Or is there something else?" I heard David firing away the questions one after the other.

"First of all, Pallavi is really a great girl like really great. And the second thing is anyone would be lucky to have her as a partner and more lucky to know the feelings are returned. She is in love and I am more than happy regarding that which I can't explain." I replied, remembering how guilty I felt when I saw her looking at me with a pained look.

"And I am home to have a word with Vani regarding the future." I added.

"I am sure Vani will understand and thanks for your words." He said and I smiled.

"Yeah! Vani will definitely understand." I said and hung up before drinking my water.

After a few minutes, I sat on the couch and started watching television while waiting for her and saw that I didn't close the main door properly.

When a long time passed and she still didn't return, I walked inside our room only to see an empty room.

I knocked on the bathroom door, calling her but didn't get a reply so I opened it to see it is unlocked.

"Vani!" I called her again and then heard my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I asked, lifting the call and looked around the house.

"Kamal!" I heard her voice and looked around only to realize that it is coming from the phone.

"Vani? Where are you? Did you go downstairs?" I asked, walking towards the main door.

"I... I don't know where am I. I am not used to this side of the city and I am scared." Her reply made me stand still in my place.

"Where are you exactly?" I asked and she replied the park near which she is standing.

"But that is very far from our place. Why did you go there and how? Look, take a cab and come back home." I said shaking my head.

"I don't have any money and I only brought my phone. Please come here, Kamal, I am really scared and it is really dark here." She said and gave a small sob.

"I will be there." I said and rushed outside the house not knowing what is even happening here and how did she reached there with no money and why.

--------------------------------------

hey guys...

how is the chap???

comment plz and vote...

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

67K 4.1K 30
A Past and Present definitely involve the people in it, but they both have more than that to offer. The situations, the choices made for you and th...
83.4K 4.1K 64
This story is about two broken people who have lost their loved ones. The girl falls in love with the person who was living in the memories of his lo...
2.3K 449 41
A girl struggling through depression. A boy in love with the girl. But they're just friends. The girl struggling through depression. Is in love with...
15.2K 739 37
It started out as an arranged marriage. A fraud marriage. But will it end in the same way? Fake?