Under His Watch {16th Century...

By MeepyM

Mistress Jacqueline DeWhite is married off to Lord Dominic DeFleur. She is not told anything and is expected... More

Author's Note:
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15 (Part 2)
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 Part 1
Chapter 19 part 2
Chapter 19 Part 3
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 16

45.4K 1.3K 78
By MeepyM

 To all my voters, it’s harder to thank you for voting and I’m sorry I do not do that. If you ever have voted even once I am grateful :) Please enjoy this chapter is for you ^^

Her eyes went wide as he shuffled into the bed, not talking he enveloped his arm and her waist. She stiffened.

She knew he would try it eventually.

That's all he wanted. To him she was puppet to master, a woman for sex. A play thing for his pleasure, as many men wanted and many women were brought up to expect. All she was to him was a broodmare for his heirs. "I am tired, my lord," He did not respond.

He went quiet and she shifted slightly.

"Why I can't even hold my wife?" He replied, holding her waist. Digging into her closer, his demands pressing into her, she felt sad.

"If you wish," She surrendered into him, but he sagged and released her turning into the covers.

He didn't want his first time with her to be like this, he wanted her to lust for him crave his toned pack. Long hungrily for his body as he did hers. He wanted her to long for her husband’s touch and do anything to please him.

The window was open still and the wind blowing in the room and as the wind blew inside the room. He was cold, snaking the covers."Do you want them my lord?" She shrugged it off and gave it too him.

"It's for both of us." He gave some to her; she froze slightly as his hands trembled touching her body as he tugged the covers around her.

Accidently his hand moved to touch her breast as he made her comfortable. Her breast responded to his touch. She felt ashamed. Snatching it off him and finishing the movement herself she tugged the cloth harshly across her abdomen.

They stayed in silence then, not looking at each other. They were both wondering how their lives had turned to this. Their hopes of a happy future had turned into this, a loveless marriage. Jacqueline finally closed her eyes first before Dominic followed and they both fell asleep.

The sunlight streamed into their faces, both unhappy even asleep were not blissful. Dominic got up first and sighing at himself he stretched himself as she stirred.

"I am to visit the king today, you may accompany me" He stated as broke out, being a man that wasted no time he quickly called for his servant to pour him a bathe and call Alice.

"As you wish," She lay in bed, her mind reeling from his touch that night. His hands were warm, as it gently put the covers into her.

Completely different to what he had used against her before. The bruises were still on her body.

"My lady," Alice curtsied holding the herbs." I have Jasmine or Rose, my lady," She hadn't even noticed her enter bolting from her bed she glanced at her husband and her maid.

Dominic sniffed it. "Rose I think, Alice it suits my wife, don't you think?" Dominic said with a possessive tone, Jacqueline rolled her eyes at his controlling manner.

Alice beamed and knowing her place curtsied to her master, did not give her opinion on the roses instead pouring it in the water. Dominic grabbed one and sniffed. "Would you like some sir?"

He nodded, and Alice shyly poured some in his water, not looking at Dominic rinsing his hair in it.

"You may leave Alice please return when we've finished to dress your mistress," She bobbed and left. Holding her cheek to her face as it newly throbbed, from her new bruise.

"Get in then Jacqueline,” She undressed, her back towards him and wearing a towel around her and removing it and slipping into the water.

He began to sing, his voice soothing. She wanted to drown in it but instead.

A quiet hymn, about peace and tranquillity and hope it was relaxing. There was no hope for her. She was stuck being Lady Jacqueline Defleur, wife to Lord Defleur until she died. Or he decided first.

She stayed quiet focusing on cleaning herself, rinsing her hair she looked at him. Fighting her idea to speak, she looked at his face instead. She hadn't ever had the proper opportunity to do so.

The blond stubble on his face, his blond hair damp from his bath, his toned muscular arms, rubbed his flawlessly toned skin. "Have you quite finished?"

She realised that she had been staring and been caught red handed. She frowned and got out of the water. "Your towel," He said huskily, his breath caught at the entrancing woman before him.

She grabbed it and ignoring him wrapped it and stepped out.

"Hurry up I'll be in the carriage the king has invited us for breakfast so you don't need to eat. "He talked indifferently, his lust gone.

She sat silently on the bed, Dominic although making puddles on the floor he got out of the lukewarm water and shamelessly displayed himself.

"Put on a towel," Jacqueline squeaked.

Chuckling meanly at her child like attitude he listened and wrapped the towel around his lower half. Quickly bored at just staring at each other Dominic did not wait for Alice and instead wiped his body with the towel quickly and harshly.

He tugged on his pantaloons and straightened his chain. Coughing he called Alice in and shut the door.

"My lady if it's not impolite to say my lady my lord is very forward in his advancement," Jacqueline smiled, and agreed. She blushed as she knew Alice must have seen a naked Dominic, the door being slightly open after all.

Alice tugged on the corset, helping her adjust her light green dress and dashing her hair in a bun adding sliver ribbons at the end. She looked like the perfect woman, exactly what Dominic was after..

"I'm not in the mood release my hair Alice," She complied with her mistress' wishes.

Releasing the dark black locks she brushed it so it sprung at the bottom but there was the fringe near her face, a sliver headband showing she was married and not at all free.

Accepting the hand of a smiling door man she was escorted to the carriage. But it repulsed her, if she wasn't in the company of her husband there was one of his little minions to do the observing for him.

"Why is your hair loose?" In the carriage Dominic surveyed her, her flowing dress fitted her, she looked so happy but then he talked and a frown returned to her face.

"I have the band, I'm wed I know the propriety"

He scoffed. “There is no time you'll have to go like that,”

She stayed quiet, he touched a hair lightly. Flinching as a sharp pain entered her sit stomach, she started nibbling her lip, and she looked so desirable, so nervous. "Jacqueline,"

She turned. "You look wonderful I'm sorry for my outburst," She scowled at him as she twisted her wedding band. His tone was anything but remorseful.

"It’s just that the king, he's my lord and master, and it's our first impression as a couple,"

Who gives a damn?! She thought

You may pretend all you like my dear husband but it’s still lies and pretence. You hit me and you think I care about impressions?

Maybe if the king hated her he would disown her and she could leave this fucking place. She stayed quiet.

"I hope that you will be a good wife, a succumbed wife," That's all he wanted..

They rode in silence after that, being both as angry as each other they were also confused and the lack of compassion for each other brought a tilt in sadness again.

Opening the carriage window the wind blow into her calming her nerves, Jacqueline hated her husband even more.

He wanted a succumbed pretty little broodmare. He was such a sexist bastard. She glowered at him and got out the carriage.

"I'm sorry your nervous again" He touched her hand lightly, she flinched from it. Not use to such kindness. All he wanted was heirs. A good little wife, to present to the king he did nothing out of kindness. His touch repulsed her.

But she didn't retort he would hit her again, she shivered.

The door opened and she flew out, the servants leading her and Dominic to the king. He grabbed her waist. "Get off me, my lord,”

He growled and aimed for her waist again. She ran into the closest room, a large brown door it looked invitingly enough. "What is going on?"

Jacqueline looked up; she was on the floor, her hair askew dress and body on the floor. "Your Majesty,” Dominic ran in bowing.

Jacqueline looked up, Francis the first. Swallowing she looked at her sire too scared to get up.

His blue eyes focused on Dominic at the moment he was wearing a green and gold cloth, his dark hair neatly pulled into a pony tail. He had a youthful look about him.

Jacqueline focused on the floor. "God save, your majesty"

"Countess?" She looked up, the mans voice rained authority.

"Y-Yes my king"She realised how scared her voice was. She had just run into the king’s study like a little child.

He was probably furious. If he was anything like his rival Henry the eighth he would have her flogged in front of everyone at court.

"Please get up" His tone was kind but she was still embarrassed at facing him, she got onto her knees.

She heard shoes clicking, and felt two strong hands lifting her up. "I meet my adoptive little brother’s wife at last.

She nodded as he lifted her chin up. "She's amazing Dominic," His eyes held storm; they flicked into hers for a second.

Jacqueline looked at the king’s face, his grey judging eyes were on hers and narrowed slightly as she touched trying to hid her bruise.

 His brown hair was straight hanging almost curtain like on his left eye but still able to see the grey jewels and Jacqueline blushing at staring at such a powerful man for so long blushed and bent her head.

Francis chuckled; his tone was light and warm. Looking at her face back and forth he was intrigued. Lord Defleur had picked a lovely sight for a daughter in law. Looking down at her stomach it was mainly flat, apart from the bump that was fat and perfectly natural she was of average weight.

That would soon change, Francis knew that Dominic would want an heir as many noblemen did and the single king smiled with the image of his protégé holding a mini Dominic to be knighted.

"Thank you sir," He stepped closer, taking his wife's elbow, cupping it.

She curtsied towards him again and he allowed her to kiss her ring. He in return kissed her brotherly on the cheeks. It was not customary as she was virtually a commoner in his eyes. "Keep her she's a good one I can see it."

Dominic nodded, not entirely sure himself. "I wish to speak to you alone Dominic and then you countess" He clutched his stomach as another wheeze came out.

"As your wish, your majesty,”

"As you wish, sir" Dominic replied in a much more informal tone many would have with the King of France.

"I forgot Mistress please call me Francis as your husband does" He kissed her palm.

She blushed at his kind words, his voice held concern as he continued to look at her eyes a frown flickering on his face" If you desire my lord please call me Jacqueline,”

"Then I shall endeavour to call you Jacqueline my lady if you return the favour"

She smiled and curtsied as she withdrew. "Husband," She turned towards Francis. "Majesty,”

"Dominic take a seat," Dominic, took a seat on the cushioned seat. The king sipped some wine, staring at his subject with distaste.

"I have some bad news about your wife I wish to discuss I'm not pleased at all,” Francis looked towards the clock.

How long did he have till his next meeting? Not a lot...Francis thought disappointed. He inspected his sliver ring adoringly.

Then looking up he saw Dominic and remembered what he had called him in for.

 But Dominic would be crying by the end of it. Or Francis would.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.6K 1.2K 37
*Please note this story is now being rewritten and published on wattpad as The Pursuit of a King I encourage you to please go and read that one!* . ...
156K 11.8K 42
To many, Scarlett James is known as the illustrious Lady Humphries. To a select few, she's recognized as Madame Mischief, the woman who pens London's...
498K 22K 28
[COMPLETED] At the age of 15, Miss Charity Chadwick is tricked into marriage. Her new husband, unhappy with their union, banishes her to his north...
No love for Louisa By Ann

Historical Fiction

3.3K 335 29
Eleven year Louisa O'Mara 's young life is torn apart when she loses both her parents, and is abandoned in an orphanage . But thanks to the kind Be...