Through Dragons Eyes and Heart

By kittyslyfox

(Complete) What if the world you thought you knew really wasn't the world you knew? For Iceis life is just th... More

Chapter 1 Egg Still yes
Chapter 2 Zander
Chapter 3 Experimenting with Food
Chapter 4 ItchyItchyand even more Itchy!
Chapter 5 Telapathy
Chapter 6 The Problem with Banding
Chapter 7 I am not Dead?!
Chapter 8 Landing
Chapter 9 The Secrets of the Night
Chapter 10 Never Though This Would Happen
Chapter 11 The Unprocessable Truth
Chapter 12 A Huge Growth Spurt
Chapter 13 Grouchy Females
Chapter 14 The Facts
Chapter 15 Who's the New Girl?
Chapter 16 Dragon Care
Chapter 17 Feathers
Chapter 18 Test of Gravity
Chapter 19 Midnight Flight
Chapter 20 Ill and Sick
Chapter 21 Crack, Crack, Dragon
Chapter 22 Who Knew Sun Hurt!
Chapter 23 Arghh You Broke My Wing!
Chapter 24 Water Training
Chapter 25 Talons and Scales?!
Chapter 26 An Even Deeper Hole
Chapter 27 A Week Later
Chapter 28 Preminision of Humanity
Chapter 29 Flight Lessons from Lilly
Chapter 30 Serpentine Latin
Chapter 31 Play!
Chapter 32 The Problem with Baths
Chapter 33 Mind and Scales?
Chapter 34 One Quarter Inch
Chapter 35 Ansestory Lesson
Chapter 37 Don't Throw Female Dragons Over a Cliff!
Chapter 38 Coughing Blood
Chapter 39 Gross but Helpful
Chapter 40 Serieously?! Seriously?!
Chapter 41 Renovations & Changes
Chapter 42 Zanders prov Another Form
Chapter 43 My Mate is What?!
Chapter 44 Knowledge is Key
Chapter 45 Don't Play with Fire Unless ya want to become Ash
Chapter 46 Sleep Deprevention in Action
Chapter 47 Zander the Caring Mate
Chapter 48 Blood and Bonds
Chapter 49 Experimental Death
Chapter 50 Cuddles and More!
Chapter 51 Futur thoughts
Chapter 52 A Heart Bound to Love
Chapter 53 Draco Nip and Chakra
Chapter 54 Light Travel
Chapter 55 Lumis and Tenbris
Chapter 56 Heat and Braids
Chapter 57 Romance in a Lake
Chapter 58 Deer Meat
Chapter 59 Fluffy Fluf Fluf
Chapter 60 Ghost Dragon
Chapter 61 Mating
Chapter 62 A Massage
Chapter 63 Grey Hair Flight
Chapter 64 Nearly Killing the Cornel
Chapter 65 Fish Assault!
Chapter 66 Horti Amoris
Untitled Part 67 Interior Atonomy
Chapter 68 Dont Anger Me
Chapter 69 Sudden News
Chapter 70 Reason for Sensitive Stomache
Chapter 71 Sharing the News
Chapter 72 Council Men and H.D.R Talk
Chapter 73 A Mates Charm
Chapter 74 A Mates Bond
Chapter 75 Lamb!
Chapter 76 Everywhere even in Trees!
Chapter 77 Lilly and Iceis
Chapter 78 Teaching the Kids Proper Teqnique
Chapter 79 Birth!
Chapter 80 The Naming
Chapter 81 Prologue

Chapter 36 Sense of Smell

131 8 0
By kittyslyfox

"They smell ok?"

"Yeah they don't smell like pee,rather hmmm like sweaty perfum."

*Zander was trying to hold in laughter but, after a few seconds his face started to turn red and he bursted out laughing.*

"Sweaty perfum?!"

"Hey don't judge dragons senses are a million times stronger than humans sweaty perfum for girls plain sweat for guys and old men rotten prunes and old females rotten peaches."

"Ok,so what do I smell like?"

"You smell like a spring meadow and a fresh spring stream."

*Zander sniffed his pit and cringed.*

"Yeah I don't see how,I smell really ...sweaty."

*I neared Zander smelling him. He didn't smell sweaty too me.*

"Nope,I still don't smell it."

"Your nose is messed up then."

"Nope,that is jus the way dragons scent things."

"So that is what dragons scent their riders as?"

"Hmmm let me think on that.Well I wouldn't know,but I think that this era of dragons that have been hatched and such forth have acquired and adapted to the scents of nowadays so probably not,they more than likely scent their riders as family of sort so no they don't smell the sour stench unless they are smelling a stranger and or enemy."

"Good to know,they why do you scent things differently?"

"I was laid during the Dragon War so I will have an older more primal sense of smell as well as other things so my many great nieces nephews and cousins will have a more adapted and weaker primal scenting."

"Is that a good thing?"

"It can be for this era in the older age,no it wouldn't have been."

"Why exactly wouldn't it have been?"

*I started cracking up laughing at his ridiculous question.*

"What's so funny?!"

"Y..your question hahahha!"

"Why is it so funny?!"

"Do you know how much a dragon relies on their nose and eyes?"

"No,how much?"

"Enough to the point we don't even use most of our other senses and when we do it is rare. We rely on our nose to find mates,distinguish friend from foe,find food,find water,find shelter,know when out mate is receptive,even to know if our time is coming to an untimely end!"

"Seriously all of that? So what is it use for now?"

"My best guess choosing our rider if we have a choice maybe food maybe water."

*Zander was taken aback by how short the list became.*

"Nowadays this generations sense of taste, sight, hearing ,smell,  touch,and  sixth sense are slightly higher than a humans."

"What about you?"

"My senses are very heightened all of my senses are on  the same level and very high."

"You also said sight was a high sense,so how was that used?I have a feeling there is more to it than is said plainly."

*My lips curled in a slight toothy snarl of a smile.*

"You are very right,however I am afraid this info isn't for the faint of heart and has quiet a long and dark history."

"How so?"

"You see before dragons had enemies our sense of sight was equal to that of a human."

"What was it that gave you such great sight?"

"Are you sure you want me to tell you? It isn't the most appropriate topic."

"Yes,it's a good thing I don't have a faint heart."

*I gave a smirk then nodded.*

"Very well,it happened before the Dragon War dragons ruled the earth and were abundant we didn't have any enemies. Man was still new and primitive. After a few hundred years a thousand years before the Dragon War came to fall they asked us if we could grant them power seeing as we controlled all elements and more so. My species saw nothing wrong with this so an elder dragon near death gave them his heart upon a chain giving that sole human power unimaginable to man. However the power didn't work for him so another tried and another,and another and so forth however nobody could wield the power held within the heart. Man went back and said my species had cheated them they responded that they could not have cheated them when they gave the heart to them as a gift,they simply were too new to wield the power. Many years passed man didn't forget the ever growing power of my species and came back again requested the same thing my kin bestowed upon them once again a dragon heart this time the heart worked but,only for a select few,but at a cost. The cost was unknown still to this day. Man was angry at the consequence and went on a mini killing spree this was five years before the war They came upon a nest of hatchlings playing. Seeing the mother sleeping peacefully they took her offspring when she awoke her young were gone. She became furious and restless in a desperate attempt to find her young she traded her senses to enhance her sense of sight and smell when she found her young she killed the humans that took them thus the enhanced smell and sight however the sight goes far far deeper than what I told you,however that is all for a history lesson for the day."

*Zander seemed to be in a daze from my story then shook his head clearing it then nodded thoughtfully.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15 0 25
• If you notice any errors then please let me know! Evil killer dragons in the mountains, a folks tail or just a simple bedtime story the hunters wou...
8.5K 514 33
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ Recent events have cancelled this old, old story. However! The synopsis for the rest of the chapters I had planned for the se...
330 50 27
"Once upon a time there was a dragon that only knew one love, a phoenix." She laughs at me again. "The phoenix was kind, full of compassion. She coul...
329 51 21
Growing up as an apprentice healer in the castle, Ilia loved listening to the stories the knight-mages told. Tales of valour and glory, adventures in...