missing | gilinsky

By gilinskyshigh

Soon after Nadia Johnson's brother goes missing she meets a stranger who is determined to make his way into h... More

prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
sequel

34

3.4K 76 4
By gilinskyshigh

Jack Johnson

It wasn't supposed to go this way. When I talked to Justin he told me which hotel Hannah was staying at and what room she'd be in, he didn't mention anything about Gilinsky or my sister being there. 

A lot of shit has happened between Justin and me, but I would never expect him to lie to me about something so little. 

The reason I wanted to see Hannah first was because I knew she'd wouldn't expect anything from me. She'd be surprised so see me and yeah, she'd wanna know what was going on but she wouldn't make a big deal out of it. I was also sort of hoping for a kiss but that was a long stretch. 

My feelings for Hannah haven't gone away since I've been in New York. I really hope me leaving didn't cause her to move on or anything like that, I'd be devastated. 

As soon as I saw Hannah I knew coming to see her was a good choice, she looked so pretty and the way she kept cursing drove me crazy. 

But then Nadia and Gilinsky stumble in the room and I start to doubt the decisions I made. Maybe seeing Hannah could've waited. I could've texted her, I had her number memorized and I did have a new phone. I memorized a lot of people's numbers, not just Hannah's. I know Mom's, Nadia's, Gilinsky's, and...Dad's. All of them by heart. 

The minute I caught sight of my best friend and my sister I panicked. I had no speech planned out, I had no idea what the hell I was supposed to say. It's not like there's a book for dummies that tells you how to tell your friends and family where the hell you've been hiding for the past couple months. I can't imagine what Nadia was thinking when she first saw me, probably something similar to what Hannah was. 

I knew Gilinsky was surprised to see me but I knew it wasn't as a big deal to him as it was to Hannah and Nadia. I mean, Gilinsky knew way more about where I've been than those two did. Sure, no one truly knows where I went after Justin bailed me out of jail and told me to get away for a while, but I'm sure Gilinsky had some ideas. Or maybe he didn't.

Anyway, I was just stuck in a rut and I acted like a jackass. Not really the best way to greet your sister after not seeing her since your nineteenth birthday, but it's not like I can change that now. I told her what was up with me, why I was being an idiot, I hope she can understand. 

I've been through a lot of shit, even after the whole Justin having to bail me out thing. Justin and I have a pretty rocky relationship, but I think it's safe to say that we trust each other to an extent. I know he's told lies about me but that's okay, because I haven't been completely honest with him anyway. 

The night Justin bailed me out he handed me a huge wad of money and told me to get out of the city for a while. I obliged. He told me to go to Philly to somewhere like that. I said okay. But really, I went back to Omaha.

I thought Nadia and Hannah were still there, but when I got back here, Justin had told me Gilinsky had brought them here to come find me. I laughed at the thought, but he insisted that he was serious. Then I remembered how I didn't see my sister or her best friend once while I was staying there, although it's not like I went looking for them, it was still odd.

I did see my Mom a couple times in the grocery store. It took everything in me not to run up to her. She looked so sad and broken. My stomach clenched every time I looked at her. I went to go hide in the frozen food section and I didn't even feel how cold it had been until Mom left.

I didn't go back home or anything like that, I stayed in a hotel. Sometimes I'd think about stopping by and saying hey to Mom, but then I know how she'd never let me leave after that. A part of me wouldn't even want to leave, especially after seeing how upset she'd been while shopping.

I also thought about seeing Sammy, but I feel like he'd have an obligation to tell my Mom, or even try to talk me into staying and going to college with him. 

College was something I stopped thinking about the second I got to New York. Everything I was getting involved in was so much bigger than that. I wouldn't call it a gang, but that's basically what I was apart of. That's why when Justin showed up and took me under his wing I did everything he told me to. 

I stole, I fought, I sometimes even drugged. I know, it sounds really bad, but he'd told me all those people and businesses deserved what they were getting. Of course at the time I believed him. I mean, after he mentioned my Dad and helping me find out who killed him, I was all in. That's all he had to say and I would probably kill someone for him. I haven't done that yet. I hope I don't have to. 

When Dad died I made sure to never forget how, and I made it my personal mission to find out who did it. I knew it was a drunk driver, and that's what pissed me off. I had to find this guy, I needed to know who he or even she was.

After the night of the accident I stopped paying attention in school and stopped going to class. I stopped hanging out with my friends and even stopped talking to Nadia and Mom. Hannah was completely out of the picture for a while. 

All I did, all day everyday, was research. I searched names of drunk drivers, I searched pictures of crashes, I searched police reports. I investigated so much and still never found anything. That's what triggered me to leave. That's what made me need to get out of there. Out of Omaha.

I planned the whole thing out over about a month I think, I reached out to Gilinsky and he agreed to let me live with him. I was so thankful. 

Gilinsky and I were close for a while, then I started hanging out with Justin and he kept distance, I still don't know why. Everyone else in the gang worshiped him, but G just stayed away. When he found out I'd gotten arrested for something Justin did he was furious. He even came down to the station looking for me, but I told the guards I didn't want any visitors. We haven't seen each other since then. 

I had no idea he'd been looking for me and I had no idea he got Nadia and Hannah in on it. There's so much that I've missed while I was gone and I need to find out. I want to sit down and have a talk with all three of them at the same time but I don't know how well that'd go down. They have a right to know what was and is going on with me but I'm not sure I'm ready to talk yet.

They've been ready to talk for ages, and I just wanna hear about their stories, I don't wanna tell mine. 

That's why, when Nadia finally lets me go to sleep, I'm sure to cherish every moment of rest that I get, because I know by morning none of this will be the same. 

____________________

Hola!!! sorry for the sort of crummy chapter but you guys should really get a feel for what Johnson's actually going through and stuff like that. I hope you liked it!

I think I'm going to try to update every weekend because it's impossible for me to update during the week. I have cross country and school and I'm in my hardest year of high school. I also have meets every weekend so I'm pretty busy then too, but I managed to update today so yay!!

anywaayyy don't forget to vote and comment if you'd like and chapter 35 will be up soon!

- gilinskyshigh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 198K 101
✅ "We always long for the forbidden things." 𝐝𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥 ↯ ⚔︎ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴄᴏᴍʙɪɴᴇᴅ ⚔︎ ...
6.6M 180K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
23.6M 564K 32
"Y-your H-highness? I-i'm sorry b-but t-there m-must b-be a-a m-mistake..." A loud growl sounded through the whole ballroom causing me to start shaki...
11.7M 301K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...