GANG // H.S

By smemilyemily

In a setting where the past meets the future, technology and way of living has completely destroyed the world... More

Prologue
DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
PLEASE READ- NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 3

9.1K 384 94
By smemilyemily

I comb through my hair one last time before looking towards my doorway to double check that I've locked it one more time. I throw the bag holding Carol's new dresses in it over my shoulders and check myself out in the mirror before rushing to my balcony.
Checking my surroundings, I swing my legs over the side and jump the long distance down, landing with a small "oof".

I flick my hair back before looking around to check if the coast is clear and bolting. I run until I come to the large brick gates that surround our house and then move around to the secret exit that is used for emergencies.

"Melody Kingston" I hear the familiar, sarcastic voice fill my ears and turn around to be met with James, an old man who has worked for us for years now. He's almost like a second Dad to me. "What on God's green one are you up to this time?"

A guilty smile makes its way onto my lips and I shrug innocently, "Just going out for a little bit".

"Aren't you supposed to be on lockdown?" He raises an eyebrow at me and I hesitantly nod in response.

"Please don't tell Mother and Father, I won't be gone for very long and you know how good I am at self defence!" I plead with big eyes, fixing the strap of the bag on my shoulder.

He lets out a loud sigh. "Alright, run along. Just remember to be back soon and don't stay out very late" he nods at me and I smile gratefully before wrapping my arms around him in an engulfing hug.

"Thank you" I breathe out, smiling as he hugs me back then pushes me towards the exit in a dismissive manner.

When I'm out of our property I smile to myself and start trudging down the road, humming a tune to myself. It's always so nice to get out by myself and explore the land like I always do.

I keep walking for about thirty minutes before I come to the town and squint when I notice how deserted it looks. Compared to yesterday when we came out and the streets were littered with people, there is no one. Hmm, strange.
Frowning slightly and shrugging it off, I continue walking until I find the small road that will lead me to Carol's house. I take in the area once again and purse my lips together in disappointment when I don't see Carol sitting on the steps like yesterday. I run up to their house and bring my knuckles up to knock on the door softly.

I hear a squeal on the other side of the door and loud footsteps before I back up a bit and the door opens up.
A man who looks about twenty five is standing at the door with a confused look on his face. His eyes run over my body before his lips part slightly and he clears his throat.

"Can I help you?" His voice is groggy and I look over his shoulder to see no one there.

"Hey, um... Is Carol home?" I ask him, causing him to furrow his eyebrows. Maybe he's not used to visitors.

"Carolina?" He asks me and I nod slowly, looking over his shoulder again and hoping that I've gotten the right house. "Carol! Someone's at the door for you!" He calls out loudly, causing me to flinch while looking over his own shoulder.
I hear soft laughing and running footsteps until Carol comes to view.

Her eyes widen. "Melody?" She gasps softly and I send her a wide smile before getting on my knees and opening my arms for her. She runs into my arms and wraps her arms around me, giggling softly.

"Guess what I brought?" I ask her in a cheerful sing-song type of voice and her lips pull up slightly at the sides. I pull the bag from my shoulder and pass it to her, nodding my head as an encouragement to open it.
While she's opening it I glance upwards to see the man looking down at me with a stern look. I take in his appearance, brown hair which is cut neatly and dark brown eyes. He swallows before turning around and walking back into the house without another word.

I jump slightly when Carol squeals as she pulls out a dress.

"Mummy Mummy!" She squeals in excitement, grabbing my hand, the bag, and dragging me inside. "Melody brought me some dresses!"

We run into the kitchen where Anne is stirring something in a pot and she quickly whips around to look at me with wide eyes.

"What are you doing here?" She asks me lowly, almost as if she was whispering and I furrow my eyebrows at her seemingly concerned face.

"I brought Carolina some dres-"

"Aren't you supposed to be on lockdown?" She whispers harshly, making me stare at her in confusion. I feel terrible, maybe I shouldn't have come... I look to Carol to see that her eyes are now wide with fear.

"What's wrong? I-"

"Thank you very much for your gifts but you need to hurry and get home now" Anne tells me quickly, looking around and grabbing my hand, leading me out of the kitchen swiftly.

"I'm sorry but I don't think I understand, Anne. I-"

"Please don't argue and get back home where you are safe. It's not safe here, especially in this house" She tells me sternly, squeezing my hand when we reach her front door. "I'll explain some other time but right now you are not safe and need to leave".

Slowly nodding I back out of her house and she quickly pushes me, urging me to run.
I turn around and start running, pulling my dress up slightly at the ends to make moving easier for me.

What is she talking about? I know that no one would dare hurt me, especially with my Father's status.

After a while of running I get puffed out and start walking, carefully looking around me. I'm about twenty minutes from home so I think I'll be safe now from whatever Anne was worried about.
I keep walking until I come to a building which is painted black and looks very rustic. I pick up a stick and start swinging it around, hitting the old house with it as I walk. When a deep voice interrupts me from behind I drop the stick to the ground almost instantly.

"That's some nice damage you're doing to that house there".

I spin around on my heel to come face to chest with a tall man. My eyes slowly run up his chest and I gulp at his appearance.
His brown hair falls in slight curls just above his shoulders and I take in the appearance of his face only to notice that he has dark green eyes. He's very attractive.

"What if the owner of that house caught you doing such a thing?" I reach down to grab my stick but in a flash he grabs my wrist tightly, refraining me. "I don't think they'd appreciate it very much... do you?".

That's when I notice his deep, English accent. Is everyone around here from England? Why have I never picked up on this before?

"Sorry" I squeak out, eyeing his grip around my wrist still. "I won't do it again".

"Damn right you won't" He releases my wrist before looking me up and down. "That's a nice dress you're wearing. What's it made out of?"

"I didn't know that men took a liking to fashion these days" I reply slowly, moving back slightly when he reaches out to feel the fabric.

He chuckles deeply, releasing a beautiful sound into the air. "Not really the reason for my inquiring". 

"Do you have any idea who I am?" I ask him boldly, lifting my chin up slightly as if to show him that I'm not afraid.

He steps back slightly to examine my body and purses his lips while humming. He brings his long fingers up to his chin and strokes.

"Face seems familiar. Can't quite pin point it" His voice holds sarcasm as he smirks, scratching his head thoughtfully.

"She looks like a Kingston to me" I hear another voice and look to see two men come out from behind the house as well.

"She does too! Would you look at that" The man who was previously talking to me says with his mouth wide open. He tilts his head to the side. "I don't mean to be rude sweetheart but you really do need a new bra that actually fits you".

My mouth drops as the other men start laughing and I let out a small gasp when three other guys come out of nowhere. I notice the guy in the middle who has a cigarette between his lips is the same guy that answered the door at Carol's house. Instantly alarm bells go off in my head when I remember how he was acting at Carol's house.

"I have to go" I tell them, backing up as curly pulls out a lighter and starts lighting a cigarette between his lips. He shoves the lighter back in his pocket before taking a long drag and breathing it out ever so slowly.

"Where to?" He hums carelessly, rolling the cigarette between his fingers.

"None of your business" I retaliate, reaching down to grab the stick as a weapon. I scream when someone grabs me from behind and holds something sharp against my neck.
A knife.

"Now now Miles, we don't want this getting out of hand now, do we?" Curly throws his cigarette to the ground and steps on it before taking a long strive towards my struggling body. "... at least not in such a public place".

"Who are you men?" I gasp out as the knife starts pressing into my neck a bit more and my nails start digging into the man "Miles"s skin.

Curly smirks and the other men laugh. "You don't know who we are? Guess you're not as smart as you're making yourself out to be".

I continue struggling until Curly motions for Miles to let me go. When I am released from his hold I stumble forward and land on my knees in front of Curly. I look up at him to see him looking down at me with an amused look.

"I've always liked this position. It often brings great things" He announces, making the other men howl into a fit of laughter.
He holds his hand out for me to help me up and I slowly take it, being pulled up to his chest instantly with a thud.

"Why are you all pestering me?" I ask, looking around at all of them. "My Father would flip if he found out the way you men have been treating me".

"With all due respect, miss, you started this little mishap" Curly says to me, looking down at me with a slight smile. "Miles simply drew blades because you reached for that stick. We really have no reason to be hurting you... Yet"

"Yet?" I shriek out, trying to push myself from his chest but he keeps a tight grip on me, holding me still.

"I've had enough playing around with this shit. Melody do you have any idea at all who we are?" Curly lets go of me and turns to look at his friends who have now started moving in closer to me.

"A bunch of assholes looking for a good time?" I spit out, causing a few eyebrow raises and laughs.

Curly chuckles, nodding. "Yeah we like finding ourselves a 'good time' but I'm afraid there's only one of you and I don't like to share things. Especially women".

My lips part slightly before I start glaring at him. "Bastard".

"Ever heard the saying 'A woman with a dirty mouth will never go far'?"

I shake my head, turning around slightly to see if I can make a run for it. I've never been a really fast runner but I've been alright on an average scale and I think I could make it.

"Can you please just tell me who you men are?" I ask, backing up a bit more in case I decide to bolt.

"The black and brown just didn't give it away, did it?" Curly asks sarcastically before rolling his eyes and pulling out something from his pocket. A gun.

"Sweetheart" He starts, taking a long strive towards me and holding the gun up to my head. "Us? We are the Styles Gang".

My heart drops.

**********
HOPE YOUS LIKED THIS CHAPTER I REALLY ENJOYED WRITING IT :)
Please comment and vote my amazing readers xoxo I love you's x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 7.5K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...
130K 1.9K 26
Eliza wasn't exactly your normal girl. With a dark past that haunts her the last thing she wanted was to be kidnapped by the countries most well know...
645K 11.5K 82
!!Story contains mature and explicit content!! ************* Deliverance- The action of being rescued or set free. Grey Monroe is given 60 days to p...
546 22 46
*Book 1 in the Calloused Series* Her days of crime were over, or so she thought. What happens when the darkness comes? Do you fight it, or do you g...