The Girl Who Stayed (Doctor W...

By filmgeek97

Jordyn Avery lived a half life. After her parents divorce, she learned to only depend on herself. When the Do... More

The Interview
Run
Rose
The Tyler's Flat
The Plastic Boyfriend
Into the Future
In The End
The Lady Cassandra
Earth Death
A Look At The Past
The Unquiet Dead
The Gelth
The Anger of the Gelth
Missing: Rose Tyler
Bleeding Out
Gridlock
Downing Street
The Slitheen
Mickey Saves The Day
Rose Comes Home
The Living Specimen
The Last of My Kind
Jordyn Avery Is Dead
The Broken Dalek
The Time Lord and The Empath
Floor Five Hundred
Rose's Father
Peter Tyler
The Wedding No One Will Forget
World War 2
The Empty Child
The Doctor and the Captain
The Captain and the Empath
The Doctor Dances

The Alien Body

662 22 5
By filmgeek97

"Hello, Ms. Tyler." I smiled sweetly to the woman.

"Oh, hello dear. Please, call me Jackie."

"I was wondering if we could watch the telly."

"Sure, of course! We invited our friend Ru over to watch the news, she's with Rose now."

I nodded and pulled the Doctor into the flat with me.

"Hey Rose," I smiled at her. "Hello, I'm Jordyn." I held my hand out to the woman.

"Ru." She shook my hand.

"Big Ben destroyed as a UFO crash lands in Central London. Police reinforcements are drafted in from across the country to control widespread panic, looting and civil disturbance. A state of national emergency has been declared. Tom Hitchinson is at the scene." The reporter on the telly announced.

The Doctor immediately sat down and paid attention to everything the reporter said.

"The police are urging the public not to panic. There's a help line number on screen right now if you're worried about friends or family." Hitchinson told us.

I changed the channel to the AMNN.

"The military are on the lookout for more spaceships. Until then, all flights in North American air space have been grounded." The woman on the telly announced.

Ru snatched the remote out of my hand and changed it back to News 24. The Doctor glared at her.

"The army are sending divers into the wreck of the spaceship. No one knows what they're going to find."

Ru rolled her eyes and changed it back to AMNN. I groaned and slumped down in my seat.

"The President will address the nation live from the White House, but the Secretary General has asked that people watch the skies." The woman informed us.

Jackie brought in mugs for Rose, Ru, herself and I, but not for the Doctor. I started to sip the tea from my mug, when the Doctor gave me a look.

"Ugh, fine." I handed him my mug.

"I've got no choice." Jackie told Ru.

"You've broken your mother's heart." Ru told Rose.

"I'm not going to make him welcome." I heard Jackie mutter to Ru and Rose.

I rolled my eyes and sat down next to the Doctor. I put my head on his shoulder and sipped from the mug.

"Why would you make her welcome then?" Ru whispered.

"She's just a kid, like Rose, she wouldn't know any better."

"Oi, I'm trying to listen." The Doctor snapped.

The camera cut to the outside of Number 10 Downing Street.

"His current whereabouts. News is just coming in. We can go to Tom at the Embankment."

"They've found a body. It's unconfirmed, but I'm being told a body has been found in the wreckage. A body of non-terrestrial origins. It's being brought ashore." As Hitchinson told us this, people began to gather in the flat. Jackie was throwing a welcome back party for Rose. She stared to serve wine to the other guests at the party.

"A body of some sort has been found inside the wreckage of the spacecraft." Hitchinson announced.

"Oh, guess who asked me out. Billy Crewe." Jackie told the girls at the party. I rolled my eyes at the gossip.

"Brought to the nearest shore. Unconfirmed reports say that the body is of extra-terrestrial origin. An extraordinary event unfolding here live here in Central London. The body is being transferred to a secure unit mortuary, the whereabouts is yet unknown. The roads in Central London are being-" 

A toddler crawled into the Doctor's lap and began to wrestle him for the remote, meanwhile, changing the channel to Blue Peter.

"And when you've stuck your fins on, you can cover the whole lot in buttercream."

I giggled as the Doctor fought the child for the remote.

"Oh, look at that. Then ice it any colour you want. Here's one I made a little bit earlier. And look at that, your very own spaceship ready to eat. And for something a little extra special."

I picked up the toddler, snatched the remote out of his hands, and changed the channel back to News 24. I handed the remote back to the Doctor and walked over to Jackie.

"Here you go Jackie!" I exclaimed, handing the toddler to her.

"Oh, hello honey!" She laughed with the toddler.

I sighed and sat back down with the Doctor.

"I'm being told that General Asquith is now entering the hospital. The building's been evacuated. The patients have been moved out onto the streets. The police still won't confirm the presence of an alien body contained inside those walls."

They cut to the outside of Number 10 Downing Street again.

"Mystery still surrounds the whereabouts of the Prime Minister. He's not been seen since the emergency began. The opposition are criticising his lack of leadership, and. Hold on."

An official looking car pulled up and a portly man got out.

"Oh, that's Joseph Green, MP for Hartley Dale. He's Chairman of the Parliamentary Commission."

"I've heard enough, let's go."

"What?" I asked.

"I can't watch much more with all of this going on." He gestured to the chaos around us. "Besides, I know all I need anyway."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the flat, just when we were stopped my Rose.

"Oi, where do you lot think you're going?" She called.

"Nowhere. It's just a bit human in there for me. History just happened and they're talking about where you can buy dodgy top-up cards for half price." He told her. I gave him a look and turned to Rose.

"We're off on a wander, that's all."

"Right. There's a spaceship on the Thames and you two are just wandering." She put her hands on her hips and glared at us.

"Nothing to do with us. It's not an invasion. That was a genuine crash landing. Angle of descent, colour of smoke, everything. It's perfect." The Doctor told her.

"So?"

"So maybe this is it. First contact. The day mankind officially comes into contact with an alien race. I'm not interfering because you've got to handle this on your own. That's when the human race finally grows up. Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay. Now you can expand."

"You don't need us, Rose. Go and celebrate history. Spend some time with your mum." I said to her.

She softened when I talked to her. Clearly, she still wasn't on good terms with the Doctor.

"Promise me you won't disappear." I just stared back at her. To be honest, I didn't know if the Doctor wanted to leave her or not.

The Doctor looked between the two of us for  a moment before speaking up.

"Tell you what. Tardis key. It's about time you had one. See you later." He grabbed my hand and pulled me down the steps.

"Where's my Tardis key?!" I demanded.

"How did I know you would say that?" He sighed. "In your room, okay?"

We arrived at the Tardis.

"Yay! Thank you!" I gave him a kiss on the cheek and darted into the Tardis.

 I raced to my room and flung open the door when I spotted a small key next to my bed. I snatched it into my hands and ran out. I headed back to the console room, just as we were dematerialising.

"Where are we going?" I asked, sitting on the jump seat.

"To find that alien body." He told me.

"D'you think they're still alive? That was a pretty rough crash."

"They have to be." He muttered. 

I noticed he was struggling with the console.

"What's going on?"

"She's not very happy flying." He pulled out a hammer and began to hit the console with it.

I laughed, rolling my eyes at him. I decided to head out of the console in the search for something to eat. 

"I'm going to go get food!" I called.

"Two!" He yelled back. I shook my head at him, still laughing.

I searched the Tardis for any signs of food when, finally, I found a candy machine.

I got two candy bars, one for me and one for him, then made my way back to the console room.

When I got back, I tossed him the candy and started to eat mine. After I finished, I crumpled up my wrapper and walked out to toss it in the bin. On my way out, he tossed his wrapper to me as well. I groaned and tossed both of our wrappers into the bin.

"We're here!" He announced, with a mouth full of candy. 

I hit him over the back of the head, laughing, and walked out of the Tardis. He walked out with me and closed the door behind us. He used his sonic on the door lock immediately.

"Shush!" He ordered when the sonic made noise.

When the door locked, he grabbed my hand and we walked down the halls of the laboratory together.

We wandered onto and open room just to find it full of Red Berets. We all stared at each other, in silence, for a moment. Then the soldiers grabbed their weapons and pointed them at us.

The Doctor and I just stared at them. 

All of a sudden, from another room, we heard a woman scream. I darted out automatically and ran towards the scream.

"Defence plan delta! Come on. Move! Move!" He ordered them before following me.

We ran into a mortuary to find a woman cowering by her desk with a cut on her head. 

"It's alive!" She exclaimed.

"Spread out. Tell the perimeter it's a lockdown."He commanded.

"My god. It's still alive." She muttered.

"Do it!" I yelled.

She did as we told her, then sat back down on the floor, still shaking.

"I swear it was dead." She told us.

"Coma, shock, hibernation, anything." The Doctor explained.

 "What does it look like?" I asked her.

All of a sudden, metal clattered from the opposite side of the room.

"It's still here." The Doctor muttered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 282 11
Where someone new joins the Doctor's life. A mystery, an impossibility he can't seem to decipher. A question he can't seem to answer, and he doesn't...
83.7K 2.1K 19
Life was normal for Lily, normal and boring. She’s twenty-three and still living at home, though by her own choice, she still wished she could get ou...
92.7K 4K 76
"I thought I told you not to wander off," the Doctor reminds her but she ignores him. "I changed my mind," Cherry muses, a small smile playing on he...
971 65 11
Laura was a simple girl from Scotland, but tragedy seemed to follow her. Every night she kept having dreams about this man, a man who she would follo...