Pure Pain, Excruciating Love

By White_n_Roses

Life for Samantha Hale seems to always find a way to break her. At the age of 17, she attends high school, ac... More

Pure Pain, Excruciating Love
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Author's Note
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue
New Story
NEW STORY IS UP

Chapter 27

46 2 1
By White_n_Roses

"Merry Christmas!"

Anna jumped onto me, engulfing me into a tight hug. I was caught by surprise, standing there a few seconds still but finally hugging her back.

"Merry Christmas Anna," I told her as she pulled back.

"Merry Christmas Ash," Anna repeated, now to her brother, as she hugged him as well.

"Merry Christmas Anna. If you're going to greet everyone this way then we'll probably have no one at the table."

Anna narrowed her eyes at her brother, deciding to slap his arm.

"Shut up idiot," and with a huff, she whirled around and left us by the door.

Ashton snickered next to me, ushering me in as he closed the door behind us .We walked into the house and into the kitchen, where we could hear cluttering noises and utensils touching surfaces. It was sort of amusing to watch Carol standing behind the kitchen counter with hundreds of ingredients in front of her and then pans and pots scattered around. She looked under pressure.

"Hey mom," Ashton spoke, making Carol jump.

"Oh honey, you scared me. Merry Christmas," she beamed at her son, wrapping him in a hug. Then she turned to me and opened her arms. Stepping into her embrace, I smiled at how tender and motherly she easily was.

"Merr y Christmas Carol," I murmured.

"Merry Christmas sweetie."

Carol stepped back and got back to chopping whatever it was she was furiously chopping.

"So what's this mom?" Ashton asked, settling in one of the stools and pulling me against him as he wrapped his arms around me.

"This is your dinner so do not tease and mock young man," Carol sternly but amusedly remarked.

Behind me, Ashton chuckled, settling for, "Love you mom." Carol gave him an "mmhmm" and then chuckled.

"I could help if you'd like," I offered, already planning a meal I could whip up.

"Really?" Carol looked at me with wide and gleaming eyes.

"Of course, I've always loved Christmas cooking." I jump up with a grin, making Ashton chuckle behind me.

"Well that's just awesome," Carol clapped her hands, pulling me to her side and shooing Ashton out of the kitchen.

Two hours later and the Weston house was filled with family members. I got to meet Ashton's many cousins and some aunts and uncles. It was nice to see some familiar faces like Liam, AJ, Karen, and Ashton's grandpa. I couldn't believe how huge his family was. He had more than six cousins, and that was something new for me. But nonetheless, I felt content and at ease to know that they accepted me so easily and made sure to include me in almost all conversations.

In the kitchen, the food was almost ready. I ended up cooking a few meals of my own recipes while Carol and her sisters took care of the simple recipes off of Carol's cooking book. Karen and I seemed to know what to do best. As she owned her own restaurant, she had a little knowledge on what to do. We bonded easily and worked together well. It took us a long time to finish the main dishes, but it was done and we were waiting for the oven's times to go off. The women mingled around drinking wine while I sat to the side, smiling and nodding when needed. And just when I thought I was going to seem like an awkward girl in front of these energetic and chatty women, my savour strode in.

"Hey ladies," Anna chirped.

We all turned to face the over-excited, bubbly girl.

"What's up honey?" Carol asked her daughter.

"Well, just wanted to see if I could steal Sam," Anna gave me a secretive wink.

I gave her a grateful smile in return knowing she was about to save me from the awkwardness I was feeling surrounded by these overly chatty women.

"Oh, Samantha. Of course, of course. Go on sweetie, go have fun with the kids," Carol ushered me.

"Uh, you sure? What about the food?"

Carol gave me a shake of her head in disapproval.

"Don't worry about that. You've done more than enough. C'mon now go. We'll get everything sorted. You don't need to worry about this. Go."

And so, I excused myself from the ladies and joined Anna as she grinned, hooking her arm around mine and steering me out of the kitchen.

While all the ladies were in the kitchen, the men were out back by the small garden Carol has taken care of so well. This left the kids to settle in the living room. The TV was on the lowest volume while as how was playing, but no one was actually watching. The little kids were on the ground playing with a few toys and chattering away. The others were huddled around by the couches, engaged in a conversation. As I looked around, I met the gaze of Ashton who offered me a welcoming smile.

"C'mon, let's go," Anna said next to me, pulling me with her to where they were seated on the couch.

"Hey, there you are," exclaimed AJ as we got closer to them.

AsI made a move to sit on the couch's arm rest next to Ashton, he surprised me by grabbing my arm and pulling me onto his lap, his arm loosely going around my waste, lying on my thigh as his fingers interlaced with my hand that lay there.

"I saved her from the old women," Anna scoffed, taking a seat on the ground in front of us.

"My savor," I teased, making her narrow her eyes at me.

"Had fun?" Ashton whispered against my ear as AJ, Liam, and Anna got immersed into some argument.

Nodding, I wrapped my arm around his neck, smiling in the process.

"Thanks for inviting me," I whispered to him in return.

"You didn't need an invitation. You'll always be included in our family plans, so expect this more often."

Ashton surprised me with his reply. For some reason, my eyes welled up with tears and I hugged him tight with my arm around his neck.

"Are my hormones supposed to go crazy this early?" I mumbled, quietly sniffing.

Ashton's chest rumbled against my own with silent laughter.

Justas he was about to say something, Amy tapped onto Ashton's arm, gaining his attention. Amy, with strawberry blonde hair, brown eyes, and a spitting image of her mother Felicity, Ashton's aunt, was the sweetest, most innocent thirteen year old I've met.

"Ash," she shyly mumbled.

Our heads turned to face the shy girl, her cheeks reddening at the attention.

"What's up Amy?"Ashton spoke with the softest voice, his eyes lightening up.

He loved his cousins. As the oldest, every one of them turned to him for whatever they needed. I loved watching him interact with them.

"Can you help us with the last piece?" Amy shyly and quietly asked.

Looking behind her shoulder, Ashton chuckled at the way the kids were struggling with adding the lego pieces to construct the model they were working on ever since they entered the house.

"Of course, let's see what we can do," Ashton exclaimed.

I got off his lap, letting him get up as well. He squeezed my hand and then held his out for Amy.

"Let's go."

Just as they were about to turn, Amy stopped and looked down at her feet before looking up at me.

"Wanna play?" It was easy to miss her question as her voice was so low, but I heard it and my chest fluttered at this little girl's innocence. I noticed how Ashton grinned down at his cousin, sharing my thoughts.

"Thank you sweetie, but you go and finish it off with Ashton. I'll probably need to go help with dinner," I replied to her with a thankful smile.

Nodding her head, she waved good bye and then pulled Ashton with her to the other kids. I watched intently as he crouched down next to them, rubbing his hands together as he tried to help with their model. A smile bloomed onto my face as I watched this side of Ashton that I completely fell for.

As a few minutes passed, the house filled with the food's aroma. Ashton and the kids found it difficult to easily get the model completed. He was so immersed into it, just like his cousins around him were. Anna, AJ, and Liam were talking about some topic, they were including me init as well, but for the past few minutes I wasn't as attentive. My stomach was preventing me from enjoying their company. I haven't suffered much morning sickness these past days. I've been eating better, but then in the middle of the day I'd get nauseous. I thought this was the case now. Just nausea. But I think it's more than just that. As the oven's timer resonated from the kitchen, and the food was taken out by the ladies, the house was filled with strong aroma. And I think I'm finally finding out that some will make me sick. I breathed in and out slowly, trying to slow the uneasy feeling. Unconsciously, my hand went to my stomach, but when I realized this I instantly moved it away. It was an impulse I could not handle. Even when I wake up and find my hand there, on impulse I wretch it away. And now as I moved it to my lap, it went up to my lips as I felt bile in my throat.

"I'll be right back," I mumbled as I stood up and rushed up the stairs.

I knew where I could easily slip in without being a bad guest. Pushing open Ashton's bedroom door, I entered and shut the door behind me as I ran into his ensuite bathroom. There, I crouched in front of the toilet bowl and heaved what was rising up my throat. After a few seconds, I was breathing heavily with exhaustion. I heard foot steps and looked up to find Liam hesitantly standing by the ensuite doorframe.

"You okay?" He asked as he helped me stand up.

Nodding, I moved to the sink and washed my mouth before splashing some water onto my face. When I was done, I turned to Liam with appreciation for coming to check on me.

"I told Ashton I'd check up on you since he's busy with the little ones."

I laughed at that, running my fingers through my hair.

"Thanks."

Liam shrugged, giving me a smile.

"You okay Sam? I mean..you know.." I understood what he meant and I appreciated that he didn't fully ask me the entire question.

"I'm taking it one day at a time. And Ashton has been my anchor through it all. So for now, I'm doing well."

It was true. Every word I said was true. I wasn't going to lie and say I was fine. Taking it one day at a time is my best option to survive this and not lose my mind. Ashton has been the best support and I can't believe he stuck by me all this time.

"That's great. We're all here for you," Liam told me with the end of his lips tugging up.

"Thanks," I mumbled quietly.

"And umm...have they reached out to you?" And I knew what he meant, instantly shaking my head. George, my mom, and Kevin haven't been in contact with me, and I was grateful to God for that.

Liam seemed to huff out a breath as he nodded, "Good. Well, I'll let you compose yourself and I'll go down so no one can come bother you."

With a thank you from my part and a wink from his part, Liam left the room and shut the door behind him.

Alone in Ashton's bedroom, I sat on his bed and tried to relax. Breathing in and out, my eyes closed. In the process, the door clicked open andI turned my attention to whoever was going to walk in. My eyes widened as I saw Ashton walk in with a certain someone in his arms. Baby Aden's grey eyes looked around, his face confused as Ashton stepped in and closed the door behind him. He has grown up since the last time I saw him. He was a bit bigger now, his blond hair longer, and I noticed how his neck was now straighter (I read as babies grew, they could support their neck better on their own). Ashton must've not noticed me as his eyes bulged out when he saw me on his bed.

"Sorry, I thought you were downstairs by now."

I noticed how his eyes were tense on me and shifting to Aden. Then I knew why he was freaking out. He must've thought seeing Aden would remind me of reality, of the little human growing inside me. The truth is, when I first heard Karen arrived home, I freaked out when I heard Aden't first mumble. I did feel my throat get choked up then, but now, looking at Aden, it didn't affect me much. He was the cutest baby I've seen, and his gentle grey eyes were all it took to melt your heart (as well as his chubby cheeks, chubby hands, and those yummy chubby legs and feet).

"It's fine, I was about to leave," I said.

"I'll go to Anna's room," Ashton said.

"No," I stated before he left.

Ashton looked at me with concern, as if unsure what to do.

"It's fine Ashton. I'm fine really," I assured him.

Letting out a breath, Ashton nodded at me and proceeded into the room.

"He got whiny with all the noise downstairs," Ashton explained as he sat beside me, Aden in his arms. The little boy's eyes gazed around his surroundings before looking at me for a long few seconds and then going back to Ashton. He seemed attached to him as he placed his head on Ashton's shoulder and the other went into his lips. He was extremely cute, and I found myself smiling widely.

"Reckon he remembers you?" Ashton chuckled down at his cousin.

"I don't think so," I mumbled.

Ashton looked at me with worried eyes, "Got sick?"

I nodded, sighing, "I guess the food's aroma hit me hard."

Ashton understood. We sat there in silence for a while until Aden's eyes looked up at me and caught the pendent on my chest. His hand reached out and he squirmed in Ashton's arms.

"What's wrong Ade?" Ashton looked down confused at his cousin, until finally understanding as he noticed his hand trying to reach for his target. 

He whined some more and fussed, and Ashton's eyes locked with mine, asking me if he should pass on the baby. Letting in a deep breath, I reached my arms out for Ashton to pass me the baby. Once in my arms, I felt my body stiffen, but I relaxed the moment his tiny fingers touched beside my collarbone and grasped my pendant, looking at it with wide eyes and smiling as it gleamed by the sun beaming through the curtains and reflecting on us.

"He remembers you then," Ashton chuckled.

I looked at him grinning, so happy that I was fine with holding a baby and not experiencing and break downs or anxiety.

Aden's fingers brushed against my neck as he played with the pendant. He pulled a bit on the necklace, but I didn't mind. I placed him on my lap and let out a giggle as the pendant flipped over to expose the dove. I laughed along with him, making him laugh as well. Ashton had a soft look on his face, an expression that squeezed my heart with contentment and sparked the four letter word in my mind over and over again.

"You seem to have captured all my family's hearts," Ashton teased, watching as Aden now moved his attention to my hair that fell over my shoulder.

"That should be good right?"

Ashton chuckled, kissing my cheek, "Yup."

And we sat there for a while teasing each other and managing to make Aden laugh and giggle at our usual banter.

Christmas dinner was great. Everyone sat around the table, eating and chatting.Everyone made sure to make me feel welcome, to include me in their conversations, and to share some family stories with me. I felt so light and happy, with no pressure making me feel out of place and anxious. Everyone complemented me on my cooking, and that was something I've always looked forward to as I've never really cooked for anyone. So all in all, it was amazing. And it was somewhat disappointing to end the night as slowly family members began to leave, and eventually Ashton and I bid everyone goodbye and promised to see them soon before we walked out the front door.

At Ashton's apartment, I decided to take a shower as I felt sticky and smelly from the time I spent in the kitchen. When I was done, I blew dry my hair and slipped into my pyjamas and then headed out into the living room. Ashton was there, on the couch, with barely some light illuminating the dark room.

"Hey," I chirped, walking over to him.

I noticed two mugs of hot chocolate on the coffee table, a bowl of popcorn, and a plate of peanut butter sandwiches which were cut into little squares. I chuckled at that, sitting beside Ashton with a "What's this?" expression on my face.

"So, I know we said no Christmas presents," he started, "But I really wanted to do something for you."

I placed my hand over his, interlacing our fingers.

"I remember you once told me that you and your dad had this tradition of watching a movie and drinking hot chocolate on Christmas day, well I thought we could do something like that," he nervously explained.

My eyes widened and my heart stopped beating for a second, only to start beating again more wildly. I felt tears prick my eyes as I finally understood why the hot chocolate, food, and selection of DVDs were in front of us.

"What do you say?"

I felt Ashton tense, I felt his jumping knee. And for an answer, I nodded as a tear slipped down my cheek. Ashton's thumb brushed it away as he smiled warmly at me.

"So what movie do you think we should watch?"

I laughed, sniffing and wiping the tears as I looked over the selection and chose one. Ashton got up to slip it into the DVD player and then settled beside me again. He passed me the peanut butter square plate and grinned down at me as I took two pieces. And as the movie started and Ashton's eyes locked onto the screen, I found my eyes gazing at the beautiful boy beside me. I was then sure that that four letter word in my mind was exactly what could describe my feelings. But I couldn't say it, so I laced my fingers with his and squeezed, trying to tell him how special this is to me. His smile was all it took to melt my heart. And as we sat there, nestled on the couch, watching the movie and sipping on our hot chocolate, I missed my phone's vibration in my room against the nightstand.

I missed the text message left by a certain someone. 

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Hey guys :)

Tell me what you think so far. I'm going to be posting more often now so please tell me how you think this is going. 

I'm estimating there'll be around 5-8 chapters left and then this dear novel of mine will be done. 

Tell me what you think. Thanks for the support ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
3.3M 79.7K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...