The ninja wolfs bond (Gaara r...

By Vixenthief

After a year of searching for her clan and two years of living with the Mitsu village she found, she leaves a... More

The sequel has begun!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Special one shot chapter
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
(A/N)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
(A/N)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
A/N
Short A/N
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
A/N
Chapter 31
Recovery A/N
Chapter 32
A/N
33
Final A/N

Chapter 8

1.6K 66 7
By Vixenthief

     "What's wrong Gaara?" The blonde kunoichi asked her brother who was currently preparing a cup of coffee. What started as a way to regulate his sleep pattern has become a concerning addiction to the caffeinated drink. "Nothing." He mumbled.

    "You've been drinking coffee non stop, something is up so tell me." Temari scowled, not showing any sign of backing down.

    Gaara sighed at her persistence. It was a week since that incident. Kaiya was nearly abducted. She would have if he didn't decide to return her headband in person. He still wasn't exactly sure why he wanted to do it himself in the first place. Perhaps he just wanted to get out of the office for a moment. No matter the reason, he was glad he was able to stop the kidnapping. "Well?" His sister's voice pulled him away from his thoughts.

    "Orochimaru sent someone to take her."

"Kaiya? He made a move already?!" Temari stood, slamming her hands onto the table. Though she hadn't known Kaiya for a very long time, the Mitsu gained her favor a few years back.. Even though the sand were the enemy at the time, Kaiya jumped to her aid after Gaara slammed her into a tree.  "Wait. You were in your office all day....weren't you?"

    He knew this would happen but it's hard to avoid Temari's meddling. "In a way." He drinks his coffee, looking away. "Gaara." She says again more forcefully, brow raised. The read head let out a long sigh. "I returned something she left and a sand clone took my place."

   "I knew it! Your a horrible liar you know that baby bro?" This prompts yet another sigh. Gaara drinks the rest of his third cup of coffee. He felt worried. What if the snake tries trapping the wolf again?

                                                        ________________________________

           Kaiya stood in the training grounds practicing her newest jutsu. The electric claw. She observed Sasuke  at the chunnin exams. Using the idea of the chidori, instead of creating a ball of energy she would direct the chakra into her fingertips. After that she would morph her nails into claws as a substitute for the blade part of the chidori. So far she hasn't been able to make it last for an attack. The jutsu falters before she hits anything. 

    The last time she tried it out was three years ago. Maybe now she would be able to use it properly. Concentrating, She lifted her hand and shifted her nails first. The fingers trembled from remembering the horrible accident she had resulting in burning down the camp she was living in at the time. "Okay.....deep breath." Closing her eyes she began focusing the lightning nature chakra. The crackling sound of electricity reached her ears  and soon after the vibrations circulated throughout her hand.

     When she opened her eyes, she was shocked by the form it took. Black lightning sparked around her claws. "Lira!" The she wolf appeared  immediately. "What is this?" She held out the sparking hand. "Incredible. Your mother had a special lightning nature, looks like you've inherited it."

   Kaiya stared at the hand. "Mom's?" So, she left her with something other than the house. With tha motivation, she raised her hand and slashed it downwards through the air. The black lightning danced forth, exploding the log in front of her. Splinters of charred wood rain down. "This lightning is powerful." She murmurs.

    Lira was giving a odd look again but she dismissed it. "Hey! Kaiya!" She turned around and saw her friends. Ino, Choji, Sakura, Naruto, but then there was a extra. A pasty pale boy with black hair. For a moment she thought it was Sasuke but after a second glance, there were many differences.

     She adjusted the mesh wristlets on her arms and jumped down the steps leading down to the road. "Hey guy's what's up?"

    Ino smiled, it was her loud voice that called out. She was a natural sensory nin, knew she was on the training ground without seeing her. "We are going to the barbecue. Oh and this is Sai, he's new to team Kakashi." A stand in? And only four years ago she was an extra. The Sai fella gave a very Kakashi like closed eye smile. "Hello I'm Sai, uh.....Mutt."

.........

    Next thing she knows, she had grabbed his face by both sides with her claws still out. "Well hello there Sai." She gave a fanged sweet smile that was completely faked. "Now let me clear up this misunderstanding. I. Am. A. Wolf. Okay? Not a mutt." The pale boy quickly nods his head, onyx eyes side with fear. "Good." Kaiya let him go with a now, very real smile. "Nice to make your acquaintance Sai."

    The friends who had watched, Naruto in particular, swallowed. "As man. Why do you have to be scary too?" The blonde complained. She laughed and slung her arm around Choji's shoulders.  "Okay let's get some meat Choji!"

   "You bet!"

                                                                      ________________________________

    "Don't you dare steal mine Choji. I ordered a bowl of short ribs just for me and I'm not sharing." Kaiya warned. If anyone touches her food then somebody is leaving with no hand.

   "Hey where's Shikamaru?" Sakura asked.

"Oh, he said he had to go home and help his father harvest antlers for some kind of medicine." Choji answered while wiping a never ending salivafall from his chin.

   Ino reached over and started putting finished pieces onto a plate. "Huh? He always celibrated successful missions with us before. That's a first." She gives Sai the plate. That girl must have a crush on him. Despite his inability to read emotions Naruto warned her about on the way here.

    "Alright I get shikamaru's share!" Choji began piling meat on a plate but Ino stops him. "Knock it off Choji! We should be polite and introduce ourselves to Sai before we eat." Kaiya and Sakura share a annoyed look and sigh in unison. Ino keeps fluttering her eyelashes and giggling at the pale boy who sits quietly smiling. "Well then...." It looked like he was thinking over something. Whatever it was, Naruto and Sakura looked anxious about it.

      "So uh. Hi there. I'm Choji Akamichi of the Akamichi clan, and uh, your name's Sai right?"

"That's right,  you uh....." a pause. Then, in a oh so chipper way he started to say 'it'. "Fa-" without thinking she locked him into a chokehold, since she was next to him, while Naruto slapped his hand over Sai's mouth. The blonde got really close to his face. "Sai, fatso is absolutely a taboo word in front of Choji. Ya got it?" They let go of Sai.

   "Aaaanyway. I'm Ino Yamanaka, my family owns the Yamanaka flower shop. Nice to meet you." Kaiya waited to hear what he'd say. Sakura told her what he said before. So hopefully the two mishaps taught him something but Sakura thought otherwise. That smirk the pinkette wore said everything. "A pleasure you uh, you um, beautiful." That threw Ino for a loop for sure. Her pale face got all pink.

    Hold it.

  Kaiya looked back to the other girl at the table. Sakura sat there gritting her teeth and growling. Suddenly she stood and threw a plate at Sai's face. "You call her beautiful?!"

"Woah take it easy Sakura!" Naruto tries to restrain his teammate to no avail.

  They were eventually forced to leave but not without take out boxes.

                                                                _____________________

   The three girls walked with each other towards the shopping district. "Hey Kaiya?"

Her ears lift. "Hmm?"

  "We all know each other's crushes except yours. Hinata obviously likes Naruto, Sakura still likes Sasuke, don't get me wrong, me too, but I also like Sai." Ino prodded. Sakura smiled. "Come on, we won't laugh or anything."

   "What? Your worried about us laughing? Don't tell me......you like Lee don't you! Is that it?" Ino asked.

  "Wah? N-no it's not him." Kaiya defended. When both girls grinned, she knew she made a mistake. "Not him but somebody right?" the pinkette giggled. "That's not fair! You tricked me!"

   "Make it fun. Just give one detail about him." Kaiya let out a long sigh. They weren't going to let her off easy. She closed her eyes and started to think. What part of him isn't unique. "Red hair." She mumbled. "I'm going to the restroom..." She ran off into a store.

     Ino and Sakura sat at a bench to think. "Who has red hair in the village?" Asked Sakura.

"No one I know of and she only met with us a little before the chunnin exam. So she couldn't have met someone from a different academy class."

   "Wait a minute!" Sakura jumped to her feet.

 "What is it?"

 "Where has she gone recently."

"Sunagakure"

"Exactly"

"You don't mean......"

Together they said it in unison. "Gaara!"

Kaiya who was listening from the stores doorway was grabbed by Ino. "Lets get you something nice shall we." She raised a brow. "What for?"

  "For him to notice you of course. So lets go shopping!" Against her will she was pulled over to a jewelry boutique. Sometimes her enthusiasm is a bad thing but it made her remember that time after she first met Ino. She had taken her clothes shopping even though she was still scared of people. Kaiya had changed so much since then.

   Distracted she didn't hear Sakura asking her a question. "Kaiya. I said do you like these." She held out three silver earrings. Moon, star, and a loop. "Their pretty but. I never had piercing." She looked up at them and saw them smiling.

    "This might hurt a bit." The store owner forced her down into a chair.

   A pained howl echoes across the village.

                                           ______________________________

  That night Kaiya kept groaning and moaning. Her ears still grabbed from where they were pierced. All three at the same time. "I'm never going to a jewelry store again."

     Lira sighed and shook her head. "Ear piercings last forever and only hurt one day. Stop your whining already. My stars you are such a baby." Kaiya looked at the she-wolf. "What did you say?"

  "your a baby."

"No the other thing. My stars. That's what my mom always said. How do you know it. You showed up after their death."

     "I read minds remember? And sometimes you have Memories pop up." Lira states before padding out of the room. Vanishing halfway out the door. Kaiya got off of her futon and went to the bathroom. Standing in front of the mirror, she glanced at her ears. The silver glinted with the moons light. They were indeed pretty. They matched her clan emblem somewhat.

     A face appeared behind her and she whipped around. "Yugao, you startled me." The violet haired anbu nodded. "I apologize Kaiya. But I was to send you to Lady Tsunade."

    "Alright, let me get into my gear just in case." She can't exactly go in her pj's now can she. After dressing she flashed into the office. "You summoned?"

   "Yes. It seems the Akatsuki are starting to make bolder moves.  We received several reports of border villages being attacked. We suspect they are the ones doing it. In any case. Be prepared. Your the messenger so be on stand by in case we gain Intel on any members."

     "Understood milady."

   She leaves and starts jumping across buildings. Kaiya felt eyes and looked around but didn't see anyone. It definitely wasn't Lira's presence.

                                                                  __________________________

   "So. She's a messenger huh? This is good news." Kabuto smirks before vanishing. He can plan a surprise attack on one of her trips and take her without any interventions. Simple as that.

(This was a longer chapter to make up for the short one I did the other day. So I hope you all enjoyed.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 58 10
Two years after her departure from the leaf village to train with Kakashi, Anna returns back home stronger than ever. Her comeback takes place some d...
20.1K 697 47
She was a civilian. A plain, ordinary baker as content as could be. Why then? Why am I drawn to a weakling? Why is she making me feel this way? When...
108K 3.3K 39
Sakura is sent to the sand to teach young shinobi the healing tactics of the leaf, in a time of war it is necessary to share jutsu's. She is also the...
3.6K 71 70
It has been two years...Aceso is about to be on her way back to the Leaf Village. First, she has to help rescue Gaara...then from there everything st...