A Tomboy Living With Boys

By BellaLilliana

[COMPLETED] •I'm Sam McClain and I am a stereotypical, tomboy. My dad works a lot, work trips which go on for... More

Chapter 1: Let me guess a work trip!
Chapter 2: Alright donkey.
Chapter 3: But you can call me babe
Chapter 4: Did you just call me sweetheart?
Chapter 5: The soccer tryouts
Chapter 6: Homesick?
Chapter 7: My first game here.
Chapter 8: Courtney's surprise?
Chapter 9: Broken wrist?
Chapter 10: Jake problems?
Chapter 11: Detention and beeches
Chapter 12: Go hug a cactus
Chapter 13: It's party organising time!
Chapter 14: Is this a formal party?
Chapter 16: I don't care if it's illegal
Chapter 17: We just fell onto each other!
Chapter 18: The tragic hangover
Chapter 19: Depressing moods
Chapter 20: The greeting for the people
Chapter 21: I'm straight
Chapter 22: Stay the night
Chapter 23: You're my first kiss?
Chapter 24: Cereal choking
Chapter 25: A few months later...
Competition Winners

Chapter 15: I'm not going to fall over...

32.9K 1K 104
By BellaLilliana

Picture of Hayden Panettiere as Courtney Tanner, in her party dress

•*•*•*•*•

A Tomboy Living With Boys

Chapter 15: I'm not going to fall over...

I hear a squeal from my doorway and quickly look over from my position on my bed, Chloe comes out of the bathroom in time to see Courtney having a spaz attack. "Sam, you look b-e-a-u-tiful! Gawd, you need to dress up more often! I cannot deal myself right now!" Courtney rambles when she comes back from the kitchen I gather; where all the guests should be coming to right now.

"Do not make me tear this dress off my body, as well as the underwear y'all gave me and  the shoes which I can throw." I threaten Courtney, who in response, shuts her gaping mouth but manages to keep the awe-struck facial expression.

I now know that there are more faults with wearing a strapless dress; bra problems.

"Okay, don't get your panties in a twist!" Courtney wavered her hand in the air.

It's not like I have any panties on...

Jokes, I put my foot down for that.

"Anyways, there are heaps of people down there already, mom wants us to come down because the boys are already there as well." Courtney says as she removes her attention from me, to a nail she seems to be examining.

"Let's go then!" Chloe says excitedly, linking an arm on my left side and Courtney linking an arm on my right side.

My escape plan is going down the drain...

They drag me to the kitchen, and I mean literally drag me. I can't even run off or anything because these fudging heels.

Talk about it and it will come! "Mother of Peanut Butter!" I yell as we enter the room and I trip heel over heel, coming to a close make out with the floor before Chloe and Courtney pull me up to a standing position.

I sigh, relieved that I didn't die. How I managed to trip only a few times on the staircase and how I tripped right now without dying; is quite an achievement.

I check over myself to see if I have ripped the dress. 

Yes, I do care about ripping this dress. Not because I like it, because I would feel bad for whoever paid for this and I also don't want to have a rip in the dress that would show anything which didn't need to be shown.

After I see that everything is fine I look up to the rest of the kitchen. 

Everyone is staring at me. I literally mean everyone.

Toby got excited about this party? There is soft music playing in the background, nothing like a rowdy teenage party.

Unfortunately the soft music made my 'Mother of Peanut Butter!' statement heard throughout the entire room. 

Sam, you sure know how to make an entrance!

"Now everyone is staring at me." I grumble under my breath, wondering if Chloe or Courtney would hear me.

"Clumsy!" I hear Jake yell across the room and see him as he makes his way to Courtney, Chloe and I.

As Jake comes up to us, I notice he has Spencer in tow.

"Girls, you look gorgeous! My lord," I break the linked arms with Chloe and Courtney, feeling free, and turn around to Mary with Chris next to her.

Chloe smiles at her and I try to mirror her the best I can.

"Thanks Mary." Chloe says.

"No problem Chloe, and I must say you have worked your magic on Sam!" Mary says with a big smile on her face.

Some people come up to us and kind of signal that they want to steal Mary and Chris away. Mary and Chris give us an apologizing look before walking off to chat with the others.

All the girls turn back to Jake and Spencer.

"I'm going to go over to Jonas, don't have too much fun tonight!" Courtney says before disappearing through the groups of people.

Jake starts doing this creepy smile at me, then transferring his sight over to Chloe for a second before looking back over to me. 

I go to speak because I am totally freaked out at this point but Jake beats me to it, "You ladies want to go for a drink?" Jake says in a posh voice.

I snort a laugh, "None of us are near the legal age for drinking!" I bite my lip so I don't say 'Wow Jake, I thought you were smarter than that.'.

Jake cheekily smirks at us, "Come on!" he says before making his way over to the bar for the night.

Chloe follows right behind him. I go to walk forwards but Spencer pulls me back with a light tug on my arm.

Spencer stutters for a second and because of that, I now know something is up. He is never this quiet and doesn't ever stutter because he is at lost for words. "I just wanted to tell you that you look darn hot tonight, Sam." Spencer says and smirks, probably trying to cover up all the stutters he performed.

"Spence'? Are you okay?" I say, ignoring his comment from before, knowing that he didn't mean it is that sort of way, if you know what I mean.

Who knows, he could of been trying to practice on me for picking up other girls.

"Yeah, I'm fine but I got to say thank you for caring about me so deeply, Sam." Spencer says, touching his heart. Before lowering his gaze to my chest area before quickly looking back up to my face, looking all innocent.

"Spencer," I say angrily, "were you just looking at my boobs?" I ask him with a deathly glare.

"Of course not! I was looking at your necklace, it's a very nice necklace!" Spencer smiles at me, nodding his head as if that is going to reinforce me to believe him.

"My necklace doesn't go that low!" I point out before crossing my arms.

Spencer takes another look at my boobs and looks up at me with a fake annoyed face. "Oh come on Sam, that is just unfair, don't do that to me. That's just plain mean." Now it's Spencer's turn to fold his arms.

I shoot him a confused look, "What do you mean Spencer?"

He nodded towards my boobs. I look down at them in the most humane way possible.

No, this is not helping me. My crossed arms make my boobs very...noticeable.

I quickly unfold them before I feel my face start to heat up, not only with embarrassment but with anger.

"Come on, let's go find the others!" I grumble, giving up on fighting Spencer about looking at my personal body parts because he has already seen and thought about them too much for one day. Actually scratch that, he has had enough of them for a million life times.

I speed walk over to the bar to see Jake and Chloe choosing a drink. You would've thought they would be done by now, but they seem to be in deep concentration on what drink to choose.

I pick up the first drink I see, witch is a drink with a few colors. I give it a quick sip before making a face.

It's quite nice in the terms that it is a few fruit juices mixed together but you can taste the alcohol going right down your throat. I make the face at the taste and the burning sensation I get. 

Spencer laughs at me and grabs a beer and takes a big swig out of it.

I wait for his reaction patiently before I realise that it doesn't come.

I let my eyebrow knit together in confusion and concentration, he must be an experienced drinker from all those 'rowdy teenage parties'.

Once I figure it out, Spencer laughs even more at me.

I feel my glass get pushed towards me so I break eye contact with Spencer and focus my attention on my glass but it's only Chloe clinking our glasses together. It looks like she may of got something a bit stronger.

"Cheers big ears!" She grins.

"Whoo, let's get this night started!" Jake says after he downs a shot of clear liquid and joins our group along with Spencer who is still holding onto the beer.

Not that I expect he would of finished it by now...

"Jake? Is that you? I have been looking everywhere for you. I had to talk to this creepy old man! Jesus, Jake!" I hear a high-pitched voice I would know from anywhere.

"Boooo," Jake says, poking his bottom lip out, loud enough for only Chloe, Spencer and I to hear. 

•*•*•*•*•

Guys, I'm so proud I managed to actually update on the weekend!!!

Point for me!

Anyway, I'm sick...just a cold.

People who comment stuff like- 'I'm in love with this book', 'please update!'- it actually means a lot! (I just may not reply). 

Vote, comment and keep on reading!

Stay funky <3

Bella x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 155 32
AN- Hi, this is only half of the book, the rest of this books on my other profile @emmadunn98 and it's the same name and front cover as it is on her...
155 0 31
A/N: I wrote this story when I was 15 it will definitely not the best thing you have ever read but I feel like I won't be editing it just as a remind...
8.5K 183 30
She was a nerd. He was Mr. Popular. Samantha discovers that everything can change with just a mere incident. As her journey into highschool begins...
3.2M 99K 42
*UNDERGOING EDITING* *COMPLETED* HIGHEST RANKING #14 TEEN FICTION/ #5 HUMOUR/ #2 CHICKLIT/ #1 CLICHE "Your skin is so soft." He muttered trailing his...