A Tomboy Living With Boys

By BellaLilliana

[COMPLETED] •I'm Sam McClain and I am a stereotypical, tomboy. My dad works a lot, work trips which go on for... More

Chapter 1: Let me guess a work trip!
Chapter 2: Alright donkey.
Chapter 3: But you can call me babe
Chapter 4: Did you just call me sweetheart?
Chapter 5: The soccer tryouts
Chapter 6: Homesick?
Chapter 7: My first game here.
Chapter 8: Courtney's surprise?
Chapter 9: Broken wrist?
Chapter 10: Jake problems?
Chapter 11: Detention and beeches
Chapter 12: Go hug a cactus
Chapter 14: Is this a formal party?
Chapter 15: I'm not going to fall over...
Chapter 16: I don't care if it's illegal
Chapter 17: We just fell onto each other!
Chapter 18: The tragic hangover
Chapter 19: Depressing moods
Chapter 20: The greeting for the people
Chapter 21: I'm straight
Chapter 22: Stay the night
Chapter 23: You're my first kiss?
Chapter 24: Cereal choking
Chapter 25: A few months later...
Competition Winners

Chapter 13: It's party organising time!

37.4K 1.1K 129
By BellaLilliana

Picture of the Tanner's backyard, pretend that is not the house and the bottom level of a different house facing the backyard is the kitchen which has lots of glass doors and glass walls leading out to a huge deck which will be going to each end of the house (which isn't there but use your imaginations- the picture of the front of the house is on chapter 1) and that the lawn size is huge!!!

•*•*•*•*•

A Tomboy Living With Boys

Chapter 13: It's party organising time!

"Rise and Shine my darling!" I hear Courtney's voice sing.

Light floods through my room. "Courtney, close the blinds!" I yell with a groan.

"Not going to happen sister, we've got a big day ahead of us!" she chants and starts pulling my covers off.

Big day...Am I getting my cast off?

Nope, not for a few more weeks.

"Um, short term memory problems, what is happening today?" I ask Courtney.

She scoffs, "Part-ay!" She jumps up and down as she takes all of my covers off my bed so I am freezing.

"No, please say I'm still sleeping and having a nightmare." I cross my fingers.

"You're wide awake now and you need to get up! I can't wait for you any longer, we're setting the place up downstairs on the portable deck in the backyard."

Oh yes, the portable deck in the backyard. You may be thinking, the portable deck? Backyard for a formal party? Wow that's really high class, note the sarcasm. But no. The portable deck is huge! And Courtney chose the setting because she knew it would be amazing weather, it's on the side of the house which faces their massive back garden.

Construction workers came just to build a deck which would be taken out after the party supposably. I personally think they should keep the deck because it looks like it would've cost thousands to have for permanent. The huge deck is linked to the back of the house where the kitchen is with glass doors in between them. When all the guests arrive, they will be lead through the house to the kitchen which will be all opened up to the deck and then the rest of the back yard's golf-course lawn and their pool more on the far side in the middle of the backyard. I have never been in their backyard, whenever I need to practice for soccer, it would be at school or at the park ten minutes away on my skateboard. I don't know why I haven't been out there, I guess I always presume that I would be invading the Tanner's space. Especially because I personally haven't seen the doors ever opened. There aren't even fences separating the other neighbours, there are hedges instead. From my own point of view, I think their backyard is too stunning for a magazine.

"Maybe let me sleep in for half an hour? Maybe an hour?" I ask and look over to the clock which reads 12:30. "Good golly, I'm starving, I missed breakfast; the most important meal of the day, I am not going to miss lunch!"

You could say that I got out of bed as fast as a kangaroo jumps to it's joey. I am not even sure if kangaroos jump fast to their joey...I know I wouldn't.

"Get changed and come down stairs, Everyone helping, is already here." Courtney states while leaving my room and shutting my bedroom door behind her politely.

I quickly run over to my closet and grab some jeans and a tournament top and shove them on before running to the bathroom, brushing my hair a bit and then slip my hair into a ponytail. I do my teeth then I slip on some socks and nike frees.

I make my way down the stairs in a rush. I hear yells coming from the kitchen before I see what is going on. I walk into the kitchen and my jaw almost drops in an amused and slightly shocked matter. There are people everywhere, the only people I recognize is all of the Tanner's, including Toby. There is also Jonas, Spencer and Chloe. I do notice some of the chefs and maids of the house running around which I have become to know them quite well on a personal level, I mostly know Rose because she makes my bed when I'm too lazy to do it and gives me food when I am too lazy to get it myself.

There were five to ten, other people which I do not know and never have seen before in my life.

Hey, that man looks like frederick...

They were all running around like their pants were on fire, most of them were on the deck which was fully accessible because of the glass doors which were open, letting the warm almost-summer air through to the kitchen. I look out to the deck to see that most things were set up. There were stairs leading down to the lawn. The deck stairs are a few metres away from the glistening light blue pool with cream tiles surrounding it and golf-course cut lawn surrounding the tiles and filling the rest of the backyard.

"Sammy!" I hear Spencer yell behind me in glee.

"Sam! Come here right this minute, missy." I hear Chloe's scolding voice coming from where I heard Spencer speak.

"Okay, don't get your panties in a twist." I hold my hands up in surrender and walk to the kitchen's island bench which has notes scattered across it and a couple of laptops in front of Chloe and Mary. Sitting on the stools and the chairs pulled up to the bench was Spencer and Toby eating a sandwich and doing nothing else, Chloe looked like she was stressfully trying to organise some of these scattered notes with Mary by her side and a untouched sandwich next to the other side of Chloe.

I quickly slide onto a stool next to Chloe and stealthily take the sandwich and start chewing.

"Okay, so everyone is coming at eight?" Chloe checks.

"Yes." Mary replies.

"Great!" Chloe claps her hands and continues to muddle around with the notes while Mary types something on her laptop. "Oh, and Mary, when are the waiters and waitresses coming? Do the have their assigned clothing?" Chloe looks up again, towards Mary.

"Um, they're coming at seven and going to set up on who will be coming around with what food or drinks." Mary says back. "And, we have some bartenders who are going to be behind this island bench here, who will be serving a wide range of drinks." Mary adds.

"Jonas! Courtney! Jourtney! You better have fun tonight!" Chloe yells across the room to Courtney and Jonas while they talk to what looks like a decorator person of some sort.

Courtney laughed, "I'm sure I will, thanks for your help Chloe." she yelled back to Chloe.

Chloe replies with a smile and then her and Mary continue with their organising while I go back to eating a sandwich. A sandwich because it is not my sandwich technically.

Spencer who was sitting on the other side of Mary, got up with his plate and half eaten sandwich and then sat across from me on the other side of the bench, with a big grin on his face.

"What is it, Spencer?" I ask him with a sigh.

Spencer quickly composes himself, "What? There is nothing. Did you think something is wrong? Nothing is wrong..." Spencer rambles on.

I sigh again, "Okay Spencer," I say while shaking my head.

"Clumsy?" I hear from behind me. Only one person calls me Clumsy...

I turn around with my neck and look at Jake, "Yeah, Jake?"

He looks at me for a few too long seconds, "Oh, it's your dad." He hands me the phone in his hand.

I moan and finish of the last bite of the sandwich and brush my hands off and stand up, taking the phone from Jake.

"Oh, and by the way Clumsy, that was my sandwich." I look up to see him smirking.

"You snooze, you lose." I shrug with a smug look on my face.

Now I feel less guilty by eating Jake's sandwich.

I leave the table and go by the stairs.

"Yes dad?" I speak into the phone.

"In a month, I am coming back to collect you, I also have something important to tell you but it needs to be told in person." He talks to me like this is a business offer phone call.

"No dad, tell me now! I don't need to talk to you in person about whatever, please just tell me now." I ask. All I want to do is get this thing over with.

"I met someone." Oh, no he didn't.

"Dad, you've been single for less then three months, are you serious?" I ask, my jaw slowing dropping.

"Yes Samantha, but I think this one is it. When I come back, we're going to move in with her." he says calmly.

What the Fudge! "Dad!" I start to yell really loudly, "How long have you even known her? What is your problem? Why the fuck would we move in with her? Do you really think that I would move in?" I yell. I don't swear but this.

"Samatha! Watch your language-" I ended the phone call before he could say anything more. I'm sure my face is red with anger.

I turn around to see a stunned Zach standing a metre behind me. "What are you looking at!" I sneered at him, chucking him the phone.

When the phone comes at him, he fumbles for a second then gets a firm grip on it. "I didn't mean to listen in Sam, I was just going to get something. Are you alright, I've never heard you swear before." Zach asks me but I'm already half way up the stairs, running.

•*•*•*•*•

I'm reallllyyy bad at explaining things such as house's backyard so sorry...

This A.N is gonna be really short so yah ;)

But everyone check out athletegirl19 's book - Not Your Average Girl

Vote and Comment, don't worry the party scene is going to be next chapter and it's going to be great!

Keep reading!

Stay funky <3

Bella x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 10.4K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕜 & 𝕃𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
267K 10.7K 21
°°°°° "I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his...
11.9K 330 21
Should I go to Travis? "I can't go to him no matter what? He can't find out my weakness or he'll use it to tease me" I said. Suddenly, a clap of thun...
817K 23.8K 36
George hasn't had an easy life after being diagnosed with autism. Going to a public school as an autistic, highly intelligent boy, he clearly notices...