A LIFE WITH THE FUTURE

By MimieLover

WHAT would you do when you fall in love with an unexpected person and at unexpected time? Zhang Rounan, he ha... More

Prologue
LIFE 1
LIFE 2
LIFE 3
LIFE 4
LIFE 5
LIFE 6
LIFE 7
LIFE 8
LIFE 9
LIFE 10
LIFE 11
LIFE 12
LIFE 13
LIFE 14
LIFE 15
LIFE 16
LIFE 17
LIFE 18
LIFE 19
LIFE 20
LIFE 21
LIFE 22
LIFE 24
LIFE 25
LIFE 26
LIFE 27
LIFE 28
LIFE 29
LIFE 30
LIFE 31
LIFE 32
LIFE 33
LIFE 34

LIFE 23

57 1 2
By MimieLover

TO BE truth, every time Rounan visited the clinic and saw most of pregnant women were with their husbands or partners, she did feel little envious. However, the situation did not make Rounan less excited to see her baby. Seeing her baby was growing healthily was a great blessing to her. Her unborn son had become one of her strengths to face the uncertainty of the future. Rounan snapped out when she felt gentle touch on her hand.

"Let's go inside. It's our turn now," Wei Ting said excitedly, gently pulling Rounan's up from the seat. The smile never left his face since they left home this afternoon. The tight grip around her hand made she realized that finally she visited this place with the father of her baby. There was no need to be envious with other couples. Rounan just followed Wei Ting into the consultation room.

"Good afternoon, Miss Zhang," Rounan smiled at the familiar face that greeted her after she had entered the room. Dr Charlotte smiled as she invited the couple to have a seat.

"Good afternoon, I'm Dr Charlotte, the attending doctor for today. I believe this is my first time meeting you," Dr Charlotte looked at Wei Ting with smile on her face.

"Good afternoon, Dr Charlotte. I'm William Chan Wei Ting, Rounan's husband. Just call me, William," Rounan almost choked at his shameless introduction to Dr Charlotte. How could he tell the doctor that he is her husband? As far as she remembered, they never put any label to their current relationship.

"Oh, congratulation on your marriage," Dr Charlotte was genuinely happy for the couple. After comfortably sitting down on the chair, Dr Charlotte started the consultation by asking Rounan's general well being and the baby's movement.

"Do you still have any lower abdominal pain? From the records, you were hospitalized few weeks ago for preterm contraction,"

"I don't experience any pain since I discharged from hospital," Rounan glanced at Wei Ting after she felt gentle squeeze on her hand. He just found out about it because Ming Zhu blurted it out inside the car just now. Wei Ting felt bad because he was not by her side when she was hospitalized last time. After asking few more question, Dr Charlotte asked Rounan to lie down on the examination table beside the ultrasound machine.

The female assistant helped her with her blouse and skirt. Truthfully, she was uncomfortable with Wei Ting around, especially when he saw her ugly pregnant belly. There was midline hyperpigmentation on her round belly with stretch marks around lower abdomen. Suddenly she felt embarrassed with her own body. Wei Ting who was standing on her left side, holding her hand tightly and never let it go.

"Okay, let's begin," Dr Charlotte out some gel on the transducer probe and moving it on her tummy while asking them to look at the screen monitor. They were requesting 3D ultrasound just now. So, when the baby's face appeared on the screen monitor, that image had brought tears to Wei Ting. That was his son, their son. Rounan shifted her gaze to Wei Ting, checking his reaction and stunned to see the tears on his face. His reaction had touched the deepest part of her heart. She was overwhelmed with happiness until the tears escaped from the corner of her eyes.

"The baby looks healthy," said Dr Charlotte, still moving the probe on Rounan's tummy. Sometimes, she paused to measure the baby's parameters and resumed back after few seconds.

"Rounan, that is our baby," Wei Ting said in Mandarin, briefly forgetting that they were in foreign land. He then bent forward and placed a long kiss on her forehead. This was one of the moments that Rounan never dare to dream previously, before Wei Ting discovered her pregnancy.

"Don't be afraid. We will walk this journey together," he whispered in her ear. After done with fetal assessment, the couple returned to the chairs for further explanation.

"Is there anything else you guys want to ask?" Dr Charlotte opened the question to the couple before ending her consultation.

"I have few questions to ask, Dr Charlotte," Wei Ting raised his hand, while Rounan just glanced at him. She assumed he wanted to know more about the baby's health.

"Please, Mr. William,"

"I know this is sound appropriate but is sex safe during the pregnancy?" once again Rounan was impressed with Wei Ting's skill in surprising people because he never failed to surprise her since he arrived in Somerset. Now she did not know where to hide her red face.

"I did some reading and most of the articles that I found saying sex is safe during pregnancy. But still, it is better for us to consult you, isn't it?" he added shamelessly. Previously he also had asked his brother and sister about it, but they suggested him to consult doctor since there were few pregnancy conditions that prohibited the couple to have sex.

"Looking at your wife condition, so far there are no contraindication for sex," Dr Charlotte explained in details and advised Rounan to seek medical treatment immediately if she had any bleeding or another episode of contraction pain. Wei Ting was satisfied with the explanation by Dr Charlotte, glancing at Rounan who was avoiding his eyes right now.

************

AFTER Rounan finished her appointment with the doctor, they stopped by at the shopping centre. Aunty Shihan needed to pick up the gift that she had ordered for the wedding of her friend's daughter. While Ming Zhu accompanied Aunty Shihan to pick up the gift, Wei Ting had dragged her to the baby store. He was looking around with big grin on his face, obviously excited especially when he searched baby clothes.

"I had bought few of these clothes. We don't need more clothes at this moment," Rounan stopped him from purchasing new clothes for their unborn son. Smile faded away from his face, looking rather sad when she said so.

"Let's wait until it grows bigger. We will come back and buy it next time," she comforted him by touching his cheek. She thought he was going to continue being sulky, but she was wrong.

"Promise?" it was funny how he demanded her to keep her words by doing pinky promise. To satisfy him, she wrapped her little finger around his. The smile appeared again on his face. After they finished window shopping, they met Aunty Shihan and Ming Zhu in one of the restaurants inside the shopping centre for dinner.

"Did you guys buy anything?" asked Ming Zhu after the couple took the seat in front of them. Rounan shook her head as the response. Wei Ting grabbed the menu book and went it through together with Rounan.

"Is there anything you like to eat?" Wei Ting wrapped his arm around her shoulder, but his eyes were still on the menu book. She looked at his hand on her shoulder, feeling his touch was unnecessary but she did not refuse it. Rounan then looked at the front and caught Ming Zhu's cringe face.

"Just order me anything," somehow, she replied him using baby's voice, which it brought Ming Zhu on the verge of vomiting.

"How about chicken pesto pasta, avocado salad, and orange juice?" Wei Ting glanced at Rounan, checking her reaction if she agreed with his choice of meals for her dinner.

"Can I add mash potato?" she looked at him with puppy eyes.

"Can you finish it?" he questioned her back.

"I have you to finish my leftover," her replied had left a smile on his face.

"Uwek!!" Ming Zhu retched over their cheesiness. She retched few times to emphasize how gross they were behaving right now.

"Guys, please have some respect to single people like us," Ming Zhu grabbed the tissue and wiped her mouth.

"Please exclude me, Ming Zhu. I am not single, okay," Aunty Shihan interrupted, reminding her status as someone's girlfriend. Ming Zhu rolled her eyes in annoyance. She then immediately pressed the button call for order. The waiter came few seconds later and they placed the orders.

"Wei Ting Ge, how long do you plan to stay here?" asked Ming Zhu in curious after the waiter left.

"I will stay as long as she wants. I will not go home unless she is coming with me," Wei Ting looked at Rounan who was quiet beside him.

"Then, how about your works?"

"I'm jobless right now," he replied casually. It was true anyway. Except managing his clothing company, he had not accepted any endorsements or acting jobs after he finished the Hollywood movie.

"How about your company?"

"I can manage it from here. It has never become an issue for me," Wei Ting crossed the arms over his chest, replying Ming Zhu with confident because he had planned everything before flying to England.

"What if Rounan Jie refuse to come back to China?" now Rounan was glaring at Ming Zhu for endlessly asking ridiculous questions to Wei Ting. However, Rounan shifted her gaze to him when he reached her hand and gently squeezed it.

"Then I will do everything I can to be by her side," Rounan was astonished by his determination, and he kissed her hand without breaking their gazes.

"Oh my God, that is so sweet," Aunty Shihan giggled over their sweetness, as if she was watching a romantic scene in the drama or movie. However, Ming Zhu's reaction was totally opposite of Aunty Shihan. She looked rather regret for asking too much. Now she had to face their endless cheesiness, making she want to puke right away when Wei Ting stole the kiss from Rounan.

Rounan clenched her lips after he surprised her with a kiss. Even though Aunty Shihan and Ming Zhu had walked in on them this morning, she still felt embarrass over his public display of affection. Wei Ting curled a teasing smile after seeing her blushing face. It was awkward yet she did not hate it. Wei Ting knew what was inside her head, so this time he kissed her temple.

"Enough with all this sweetness. I'm getting diabetes if you guys keep going," Ming Zhu practically begged Wei Ting to stop showing off his affection for Rounan. Please do not misunderstand her. She was genuinely happy for Rounan because Wei Ting finally reciprocated her love.

"I won't stop showing my love to her, so she will know that I'm serious about making her falling in love with me," those words had sent shivers down to her spine, making she excited and fear at the same time. After dinner, they returned home. After taking the bath and dressing up, Rounan stepped out onto the balcony. Even though the night was getting colder, it did not stop her from spending the time her, staring at the night skies before going to sleep.

She loved stargazing. One of her wishes in the bucket list was to see Northern lights in Norway. She must find the time and go to Norway one fine day. While she was so into starring at Hithe starry skies, a pair of strong arms snaked around her waist from behind. Rounan closed her eyes when she smelled musk and sandalwood, such a pleasant, clean and sensual scent.

"What are you doing at outside here and not wearing adequate clothes?" she was wearing black spaghetti strap long nightgown with a robe. This nightgown was contrasted with her pale skin yet perfectly suited with her look. And the coverage and its thickness were not adequate to keep herself warm.

"Nothing. Just looking at the starry skies," she answered casually. Wei Ting just stepped out of the bathroom, wearing bathrobe and was wiping his damp hair using towel when his sight caught Rounan at the balcony. He eyed her from head to toes. She was wearing long black nightgown and even from the back, it was a breathtaking scene for Wei Ting, especially when her long beautiful hair was gently blown by the wind. He could not help but went to hug her from behind. Oh, how he loved the scent of her hair! He did not ask further but his hand slowly untied the knot of her nightgown robe.

"It seems we have the time for ourselves tonight," Rounan stiffened after realizing that he had loosened her robe. Her thick long hair was scooped to the side, revealing her neck and he kissed it from the side.

"Have I ever told you that I really love your scent?" he said after inhaling her skin. His lips then slowly kissed her neck, down to her shoulder and Rounan squeezed herself when he gently pulled down one of the straps on her shoulder. She did not fight when he turned around her body to face him. Tt this moment, she was too shy to look at him. So, she kept her gaze low until he lifted her chin up.

"Look at me," he whispered. She obliged and saw his eyes were darken with desire. However, he was still looking at her affectionately while caressing her face.

"You are so beautiful," for the past few months, she had gain extra pounds of weight, she felt swollen and there were ugly stretch marks on her belly. Truthfully, she became low confidence with her body. Rounan surprised when he swept over her feet and carried her to the bed. She automatically clung her arms around his neck for support. He then gently put her onto the bed. One of his strong arms supported his weight as he was hovering hr, while the other hands gently stroked her cheek before he kissed her cheek.

He showered her face with light kisses, before sealing their lips with passionate kiss. Her breathing became ragged after their lips parted, and he continued kissing down her neck. He loved how her scent had almost taking control over him. He could feel Rounan's soft palms against his exposed chest and slowly slipped beneath his bathrobe as her hands making their way up to his shoulders.

He knew what she wanted, so he untied his bathrobe and removed it from his body. Few seconds later, he removed her nightgown and tossed it on the floor. Rounan was self-conscious on her own body, so she reflexively pulling up the comforter to cover herself. She felt so ugly and unattractive right now. However, Wei Ting quickly stopped her.

"What are you doing?" he asked her in confuse.

"I don't feel great about my body. It will ruin your mood," Rounan was being honest about her insecurity with him. Wei Ting did not take it very well. It was not about her body, but he did not take well the idea of her being insure with her own body shape. Comforting her using words would be useless. So, he would show her regardless her body shape, it did not make him less desired her. Rounan surprised when he continued kissing her.

"I will make sure you will never have that kind of thought again," tonight he would make sure that she knew that she was perfectly beautiful, and more beautiful than ever.  

************

Enjoy reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 197 22
A fangirl meets her bias due to unexpected consequences and both falls in love with each other Read and find out how they both fall in love with eac...
2.2M 41.2K 25
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? A successful architect with a promising career in London, Brian's world spins out of control when...
4.4K 393 32
What if your past self suddenly appears out of nowhere, time travelling? past life? A story where two same people with different lives and different...
72.4K 5.6K 35
Two best friends grew up together in the orphanage .. They are so close that they never left each other's side..In childhood, they stayed together, a...