LIFE 9

WEI TING had really got no chance to have a proper talk with Rounan after what happened between them last time. His schedule had been jampacked until he barely had time to reach out to her. It was not something that just could be discussed and settled over a phone call. And three weeks was extremely late to discuss about it. Wei Ting sighed heavily as he leaned against the backseat. He was being haunted by guilt every time the memories of that night replaying inside the head.

Every time he closed his eyes, he could feel her soft lips on his skin, her warm breath against his ear, her long nails clawing on his back, and her soft moans and cries whenever he thrusted inside her. It had been more than a year since the last he held a woman intimately inside his arms. He was like a drought farm, and Rounan was like a long-awaited rain, generously wetting his land yet he was greedy for it.

Few packs of condoms had been torn and used during that night. It such a shame that he lost the self-control but there was something about Rounan that he could never get enough of her. And after getting one to two hours of sleep, he woke up at the sight of her getting dress up. It was four in the morning.

"Rounan," she obviously surprised when he grabbed her arm, preventing her from leaving the bed. It seemed she had a plan to leave his place without a word. Wei Ting woke up from lying down, causing the cover to slide down until his waist when he sat up. Rounan looked away in embarrassment.

"We need to talk about this," he said in serious tone. What they did just now was a mutual decision, but what would they become after this? Honestly Wei Ting did not want to ruin their friendship over this matter. He did not want them to grow distant just because they had slept with each other.

"There is nothing to talk about, Wei Ting Ge. We just did it because of loneliness, right? I promise it will never happen again. So, let's not talk about this again," Rounan gently touched his hand as she looked straight at his face. Wei Ting was quiet. Yes, they did not do it out of love. It was not involved any romantic feeling, purely the lust and desire between man and woman. Yet he was not pleased to hear that coming from her.

"Wei Ting Ge, I really need to go now. I have work to do this morning and Yuxi will come and pick me around 7," Wei Ting was still holding her arm. He did not know if she was telling the truth about her work or just giving the excuse to leave, but he did not stop her. He quietly watched her leaving his room, did not dare to walk her out because he afraid that he would stop her from leaving again.

"Wei Ting Ge, are you okay?" Wei Ting was dragged back to reality after heard Roby's concerned tone. He just gave a small nod as the response. Roby was not able to visit his place the next morning because his mother was hospitalized, so Roby was still in dark about his secret with Rounan. They would be in huge trouble if Yuxi and Roby found out about it.

************

THEY were scheduled to leave for Korea next week and tonight, Wei Ting finally got the chance to be in one place again with Rounan. They really needed to sort out their problem tonight, or else Wei Ting had no idea how he should act around Rounan when they meet at airport next week. Tonight, the production of 'The Promises' was hosting the dinner party, and he had sent a message Rounan this afternoon, just to remind her about it.

Wei Ting could not sleep last night, thinking how he should face and act around Rounan tonight. His eyebags were obvious, the effect of having sleepless night for a month now. Somehow, he was hoping for Rounan to appear as miserable and sleepless as him, but he was wrong. Her cheerful and bubbly personality which he adored previously, had irked him tonight. He was secretly hoping that she would pay more attention to him when he smiled less, but it did not work. She preferred to have conversation with other staffs rather than with him.