LIFE 8

"WEI TING GE, why don't we just order delivery foods? My hands almost broke wrapping these dumplings," Roby whined like a kid. He looked at Wei Ting who was too immersed in chopping vegetables and meat in the kitchen. He was so excited thinking he could finally spent his day off with his girlfriend because Wei Ting's schedule was free today.

"Shut up and do your job properly," he replied without looking at Roby. Roby quietly pulled crying face because Wei Ting was particularly sensitive and serious today. He had been stuck here since early morning, precisely the minute he dropped the groceries at Wei Ting's place. He should be spending his day off by hanging out with friends or looking out for girlfriends, not stuck in Wei Ting's kitchen.

"Wei Ting Ge, it's just Rounan and Yuxi that will be coming tonight. Why you need to put so much effort for dinner tonight?" he continuously whined but startled a second later when Wei Ting slammed the knife against cutting board.

"Okay okay. I will do my job quietly," Roby surrendered against Wei Ting's sharp gaze.

"Good," he replied shortly and continued chopping vegetables. He was not going to prepare the Michelin course meal anyway. It just the spaghetti, dumplings and soups which he actually had mastered in preparing those foods. However, his guest for tonight was Rounan, which he felt a little bit pressure to cook meals for her.

Wei Ting glanced at the clock wall. He still had plenty of time to get ready for tonight dinner. Rounan would be here around 6 in the evening. The table had been set up and he found himself choosing the wines in his collection. Champagne and red wine would be perfect for dinner tonight.

"Wei Ting Ge, Rounan has arrived at the basement parking. I'll go and pick them," Roby knocked the door of storage room and informed him regarding Rounan's arrival. She told him that she would drive her own car to avoid drawing the fans of paparazzi's attention if she came using company van. Wei Ting nodded and pulled out a bottle of champagne and a bottle of red wine from the cellar.

After placing the bottles on table, Wei Ting quickly took a glance of his appearance on the mirror. He just comfortably wore CNW sweatshirt and short pants. He invited a close friend anyway, not a girlfriend. After about fifteen minutes of waiting, Wei Ting finally heard the sound of opening door. Wei Ting went to the doorway to welcome his guest.

"Welcome to my house," he excitedly welcomed Rounan and peeked over Rounan's shoulder to look for Yuxi. Did she come here alone? As if Rounan knew what was inside his mind, she immediately clarified the situation.

"Yuxi not feeling well. So, I have to come alone here. Is it okay with you?" Rounan asked worriedly. Initially she was hesitated to come but after Yuxi told her that Wei Ting had cooked the dinner for them, she was in dilemma. Yuxi found it out from Roby anyway. Wei Ting happily tucked his hands inside the pockets.

"I have no problem with that. In fact, I'm really happy that you are here," Wei Ting smiled sincerely, looking at Rounan who looked stunningly beautiful despite wearing oversized shirt and short pants. She came directly from the photoshoot session anyway. That explained why she had makeup on her face.

"Please come inside," Wei Ting slightly stepped aside, gesturing Rounan to walk first. Rounan entered inside and she could help to gasp in awe as she was looking around. This was the first time she came to his penthouse, and it was amazingly beautiful despite the simplicity of its interior designs.

"Let me help you with the coat," Wei Ting reached the coat in her hands and hung it on the beautifully carved wooden coat stand. Roby headed straight to the kitchen and brought along a plastic bag of snacks that Rounan had bought for them. Rounan was still looking around with Wei Ting followed her from behind.