LIFE 17

ROUNAN bit her lower lips as she glanced at elevator number floor display. She tightened the grip around her bag strap, trying to ease her nervousness as the elevator almost reached the penthouse floor. She countlessly reminded herself that Wei Ting only invited her to have dinner at his place, not spending a night there. So, she should stop being too nervous and acted as usual around him later.

Roby led the way once the arrived at the highest floor of the building. Once he entered the penthouse, Rounan gasped in awe. She looked around and fell in love with the simplicity of its interior designs. He even asked her opinion about his penthouse.

"Not bad," she replied with small smile on her face.

"So, what are we going to do now?" Rounan asked, trying to hide her awkwardness. Oh, how she wished for Yuxi to be here with her right now. When he wanted to reheat the foods, she immediately offered the help. Rounan was planning to stay for dinner only since she still had to work tomorrow morning. When Roby received the emergency call from his brother and had to leave, she thought of leaving because if Roby left, it was going to be just two of them in Wei Ting's house. However, Roby insisted her to stay since Wei Ting had put an effort to cook foods for her.

"Hurm, I guess it will be just two of us tonight," Wei Ting scratched his face when Rounan turned around to look at him.

"Never mind. I'll leave after dinner," she said and went to the stove to help him. Even though he just cooked the simple meals for dinner, Rounan felt touched at his effort.

"It's really delicious,"

"Hey, you are exaggerating. They are just spaghetti and dumplings," Wei Ting shyly yet he pleased with the compliments that she gave to him. They talked a lot over the dinner, especially their plans for Korea trip later. This was not a dinner date yet Rounan treasured every moment she was going to spend with him. She did not have much time left anyway to complete her mission.

Like she mentioned just now, she only planned to stay for dinner but he invited her for movie night. Rounan glanced at the wristwatch. It was still early anyway to leave, so she agreed to stay for another one to two hours. Movie night was just the excuse to stay longer because they barely watched the movie anyway.

They just let the movie played on the TV screen, but they talked about something else. They talked about their lives, their old times and they reminisced their first encounter and how their friendship had stood the test of time and Rounan suddenly became emotional as they talked about their plans in the future.

She had vowed to herself that she would love him unconditionally, love him all the possible ways that she could that she would not have any regret in the future. Her heart almost felt contented by just loving him and that was the closure she needed for herself. She had accepted the fact that Wei Ting was only meant to be her friend and her brother in this lifetime. But Wei Ting ruined her self-composed when he suddenly kissed her.

Even though it was just for few seconds, the way he kissed her and shoved his tongue inside her mouth was seemed not a mistake. He seemed aware of what he was doing even though he was drunk. Being kissed by him behind the camera was something she had stopped dreaming many years ago. The self-composed plan became haywire when her heart screaming for him. If she could not have him for the rest of her life, one night was enough for her.

"Rounan, I'm so..," she cut him with the kiss when he wanted to apologize. She even pushed him down and kissed him hard. She knew that he was drunk and he might kiss her because he felt lonely, but she did not give any damn about it. And he knew that he did not do it out of love. And he might not feel attracted to her at all if he was not drunk. She was not his type anyway.