LIFE 25

WEI TING wore the blue-black sweatshirt and long pants, getting ready for his morning jog. It was still dark at outside, but he always went out for jogging before sunrise. Wei Ting glanced at the clock wall. The time was 6 o'clock in the morning, and it was still early for Rounan to wake up at this hour, especially after he had drained her energy out few hours ago. Wei Ting smiled watching Rounan was sleeping on the bed, with comforter fully covered her naked body.

Oh, God! She looked so beautiful right now! Wei Ting moved closer to the bed, and his eyes were still on her face. He just wanted to kiss her cheek and left, but instead of following his plan, he found himself sitting on the bedside and caressing her cheek. As he mentioned previously, Rounan was a heavy sleeper. Yet she easily woke up over his touches. She frowned in sleep when he lightly brushed her eyebrows. Few seconds later, her eyes slowly opened.

"What time is it now?" she looked around the dim bedroom in confuse. Then her eyes fell on him. It took her few seconds to process her thoughts, especially after she noticed that Wei Ting was wearing a sport outfit. It had become Wei Ting's routine to work out in the morning few times a week, and he loved to have his morning jog before sunrise.

"Oh, are you leaving now, Birthday Boy?" she took out one of her hands underneath the comforter and gently touched his cheek. Wei Ting smiled at her choice of word. Birthday Boy? He kind of liked it when she called him like that. Rounan closed her eyes when he leaned forward and kissed her lips. She thought it was only a peck, but he deepened the kiss and refused to let her go.

"What are you doing? I thought you need to leave now," now his lips had moved to her cheek and neck, inhaling her intoxicating scent. He loved how her skin still had the scent of Bulgarian rose which the scent magnified when she was sweating. Wei Ting was trying hard to hold himself back, thinking that Rounan was not getting enough rest because of him. So, he forced himself to break the kiss and moved away from him.

"I'll be back in hours. You should go back to sleep," he looked at Rounan tenderly. Like an obedient child, she closed her eyes and drifted back to sleep in few seconds. Wei Ting pulled up the comforter to cover her body properly, and left the room afterwards.

************

AFTER almost one hour of jogging, Wei Ting took a break and looked at the blue and orange skies. He watched the sunrise with a grateful feeling because today he was another year older, officially 41 years old by birthday. He had received many birthday's wishes from family and friends, including Zixin which he had posted it on Wei Ting's personal social media account page.

His post had helped to dismiss the rumours that Zixin and him had a bad blood because of his cheating scandal with Rounan. Truthfully, he could never repay Zixin's kindness. He knew that Zixin was still in love with Rounan, but he wanted Rounan to be happy. That was the reason Zixin disclosed Rounan's pregnancy to him, so Rounan would not suffer alone and have him by her side to protect her. Wei Ting checked his smart watch. He had burnt enough calories for today, so it was time to go home now.

On the way to home, he walked passing by the open basketball court. There was a guy inside the court, skilfully bouncing the ball before jumping to shoot the ball. And the ball went perfectly into the goal. Wei Ting approached closer and realized that guy is Feng Hoaran. He did not know that he could play a basketball.

"Hey, do you need someone to play with?!" Feng Hoaran got distracted and stopped playing, only to realize that it was Wei Ting who disturbed his practice just now.

"Do you even know how to play it?" he questioned back, looking at Wei Ting up and down, as if he belittled Wei Ting's capability to play this game with him. Can a 41-year-old man match the energy and strength of 20-year-old guy? Wei Ting bit his inner cheeks because this little kid was clearly underestimated him.