Forgotten Juliet / 잊혀진 줄리엣

By mango887799

"Your Grace, there's something I'd really like for my birthday." "What is it?" "Will you promise to listen?" ... More

CHAPTER 1 Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
CHAPTER 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121

Chapter 99

457 15 0
By mango887799

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 99

“Did you see it?”

“I saw.”

The fox hunt was a mess, but surprisingly, people weren’t disappointed.

In fact, they loved this time of the year the most, and even the Emperor, who had planned the hunt diligently, was no longer interested in fox hunting.

As soon as dawn broke the next day, the dignitaries staying in the palace sneaked around in front of the main hall with impure intentions.

“He seemed much more human than expected.”

“Honestly, not to that extent.”

The banquet hall that the Empress had carefully decorated became empty in no time.

Despite the chilly weather, people lingered outside as if they had some unavoidable business nearby.

“I wish to meet the Emperor.”

“Grant permission to enter.”

The gatekeeper of the palace permitted the entrance of a diplomatic delegation he had never seen before.

Lycanthropes.

The mysterious creatures often mentioned in old tales were all tall and beautifully featured.

However, Juliet, who was seated on one side of the main hall as a witness, felt as if she had committed a sin when familiar faces entered.

“Ugh.”

Elsa, standing next to Juliet, suddenly gasped for breath.

Juliet sneaked a glance at Elsa for a moment.

It seemed Elsa was the one who had informed about what happened to Roy.

Juliet’s situation was a bit ambiguous. The Emperor and the people were unaware of the relationship between the intruder and Juliet.

In essence, the purpose of Graham’s intrusion into the palace was her, and in the process, the second prince and his entourage were attacked just because they were in the way.

However, the Emperor was unaware of these details, knowing only that the villain had intruded into the palace to harm his son and was also trying to hurt Countess Monad.

And then Roy came.

Thud.

The door to the main hall opened with a heavy sound. Even among the foreigners, Roy stood out.

“I am Romeo Pascal, the son of Lord Hebaron.”

Roy was wearing a unique outfit that Juliet had once seen. It looked like the robe ancient priests wore.

However, Roy had an expression Juliet had never seen before.

Throughout the conversation with the Emperor, Roy didn’t make eye contact with Juliet.

“Human ruler, hand him over.”

The Emperor, eyeing the young foreigner with unfamiliar eyes, flinched.

“Hmm. Do you know what your kin did?”

With a rare display of dignity, the Emperor spoke sternly.

“How dare he not only invade my palace but also try to harm my son and my subjects!”

Judging by the Emperor’s somewhat fluctuating tone, it seemed he was also unsettled by the situation.

The Lycanthrope of Katia.

Strictly speaking, they were the royalty of a foreign nation. However, everyone was taken aback to see such a young man representing them.

But Roy, without batting an eye, listened to the Emperor’s words and calmly replied.

“That’s why I’m asking you to hand him over.”

“Did you even hear what I just said?”

Although the Emperor asked with a hint of anger, Roy calmly continued.

“Allow us to punish him according to our tribal laws. We will make him pay for his crimes by cutting off his neck and limbs.”

The people in the hall were in an uproar.

“No, not to that extent…”

The second prince, sitting with bandages and looking half-dead, went pale.

In fact, the prince’s injuries were exaggerated; no one was seriously hurt.

If one had to point out a significant damage, it was the explosion at the hunting grounds’ storage. And strictly speaking, those goods were blown up by Juliet.

“We will compensate for the financial damage with gold of equal weight to the criminal.”

Thud.

Roy kicked a heavy bag next to him, and its contents spilled out.

“No…”

The mouth of the bag opened, revealing its contents: dazzling gold.

The status of the Lycanthrope delegates was instantly elevated to that of distinguished guests.

* * *

Juliet, who had come out of the audience hall, sat in a corner of the now deserted banquet hall.

The Emperor and the delegation began discussing how to transfer the criminal.

With nothing left to do, Juliet was pushed out to the banquet hall, which was, ironically, less populated because everyone was busy observing the foreign guests.

“Juliet.”

Until Roy, having been informed by Elsa of Juliet’s location, entered the banquet hall.

“Elsa told me you were here.”

It seemed Roy had briefly stepped out of the meeting, approaching her with quick steps.

“Yes.”

Juliet glanced over his shoulder at a group of people rushing into the banquet hall and responded curtly.

The sight of Roy, striding across the dance floor, matched well with the sparkling banquet hall, but it wasn’t the best situation to have a conversation.

“You look pale.”

For a moment, Roy, who had been looking at her, handed over a glass filled with wine he had brought.

“Drink.”

She took the warm glass, but Juliet just pretended to wet her lips. It seemed only Juliet was uncomfortable under the scrutiny of the others.

With a concerned expression, Roy asked:

“Are you okay? Did you get hurt anywhere?”

“I’m fine.”

Unlike the Roy she saw earlier in the augmented reality, this was the usual Roy.

“…Roy, let’s talk later. There are too many eyes watching right now.”

Juliet tried to stop him, glancing around, but Roy didn’t heed her.

“Juliet.”

He unexpectedly knelt down in front of her. She wanted to tell him not to, but Roy was in no mood to listen.

“…Do you hate me?”

He asked, holding one of her hands, like he once did. Juliet was at a loss for words.

“But that… It was Graham’s doing. If you dislike me because of that…”

“Roy.”

Juliet sighed slightly and calmly summed up the situation.

“That man, Graham, he’s your older brother, right? I heard he’s gone missing.”

When Juliet asked, Roy looked at her for a moment before reluctantly answering.

“Yes. Graham is my third older brother.”

“He said he would take me to the forest.”

“I know. I’m sorry.”

“Why did you fight?”

“…He spoke ill of you.”

It didn’t seem like Roy was lying. After all, Graham had insulted her right in her eyes.

“But that can’t be the only reason.”

Juliet looked deep into his eyes.

“Do you know how wicked Graham’s actions were?”

She didn’t think Graham would do such terrible things, as he claimed.

But then she thought about how much she really knew about a man named Romeo Pascal.

He was kind and affectionate.

But that was it. Juliet had to admit she didn’t know much about Roy.

“Are you mad at me because of Graham?”

Roy, who cautiously asked, looked like a saddened puppy. So pitiful she wanted to comfort him.

Without thinking, Juliet reached out and caressed Roy’s cheek.

“It’s just that… you suddenly felt a bit unfamiliar.”

“…I never deceived you.”

Suddenly, Roy made a strange statement.

“I am not like that man.”

Lennox hadn’t necessarily deceived her either. Juliet smiled with a touch of bitterness.

“But not every lie is spoken.”

Concealing the truth when one should speak is also deceiving.

Juliet couldn’t shake the feeling that Roy was still hiding something.

“…But you also don’t tell me everything.”

Roy looked up at Juliet with slightly cold eyes.

“Roy.”

“So, just wait a little longer. I will tell you everything later…”

Roy softly kissed the back of the hand he held and murmured as if assuring himself.

“I won’t hurt Juliet like he did, nor will I abandon her.”

* * *

After Roy returned to the conference room, Juliet, left alone, was lost in thought.

Although Roy felt a bit unfamiliar, in reality, Juliet didn’t have much time to worry about him. She had a lot on her plate.

It was a relief the butterflies returned, but that strange name ‘Snowdrop’…

“You really are something, Miss Monad.”

A mocking voice made Juliet lift her head. Unwelcome faces had gathered around her.

“To be honest, I was impressed.”

Juliet thought she was impressive too.

Why do undesirable situations always happen consecutively?

“It all makes sense now.”

“Why she was suddenly dismissed by the Duke…”

“Of course, there’s always a reason.”

The crowd’s eyes sparkled maliciously, like they’d found prey.

“Miss Monad, were the rumors true?”

“That you dragged any man to bed…”

“And then were dumped by the Duke.”

“I heard you did it to grab the Duke’s attention. Is that true?”

“Oh, but you seemed quite close with that wolf young man earlier.”

Amidst the spiteful jeers, Juliet grinned.

‘You guys have really outdone yourselves.’

There’s probably no one to take her side now. It was clear they believed she wouldn’t be able to wiggle her way out this time.

Juliet knew of two ways to shut out this unpleasant attention.

One was if Lennox Carlyle found another lover. Then, the attention would shift from her to the new lover.

But that was out of Juliet’s control. So, there was only one thing left for her to do.

Admit…

“Yes, it’s true.”

And accept the allegations.

They’re people she might never see again. What did their opinions matter?

Juliet stood up, holding the wine glass Roy had given her. The crowd flinched, perhaps thinking she might throw it.

But Juliet wasn’t thinking of violence.

If they want to tear her down, let them. It’s just pride.

With a resigned feeling, Juliet opened her mouth.

“Yes, the reason I was told we’re breaking up by the Duke is…”

“No.”

However, a soft yet firm voice interrupted her.

Everyone looked back in confusion.

“I think it was me who got dumped. Is my memory incorrect?”

The atmosphere in the banquet hall froze when they recognized the man standing at the entrance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3K 19
You don't realise how quickly everything can fall apart until it does ~ Iris
2M 110K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
Transmigration By JP

Historical Fiction

8.2K 221 6
It all started from a mysterious book that fortolds different stories depending on who got to see it. An adventure full of questions and new experi...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...